'Chained to the Rhythm' is direct as ****, like for real

Mastamaind

What the hell is up with the people who say 'Chained to the Rhythm' was tame or something? Seriously, lyrics, music video, Skip Marley delivering also, like what the hell are you missing?

I can elaborate also.

It's one of her best songs and one of her best videos as well. It would be seen as a pop masterpiece if it was released by someone else of her pop peers x

It's one of her best songs and videos :clap3: Also, it's an European classic :clap3: She was ahead of time with her disco hit :clap3: 

Katy PREPARED and WARNED all of us, look at the damn comments how many people switched and said how prophetic she was and y'all let her FLOP!

OT

both song/video are a masterpiece. The other girls with they were this socially aware. :clap3:

it still SLAPS, more than ever :jonny5: it was a breaking point song for me, my freshmen year of college. it just hit me how everything i aspired to do and be was based on society's concept of success

I don't really like Katy, but I have to admit that this song is absolutely amazing. Definitely her best :clap3:

The song itself is alright, its a decent bop.

But her try-hard "woke" pop thing she was pushing at the time was CRINGE, and it ultimately soured this single for me. Even the performances make me cringe. That Grammys performance :rip:  gurl should have just stuck to her campy over-the-top poptart vibe.

16 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

It's so clunky

The phrasing all throughout the song is just tragic 

Clunky? What do you exactly mean by that?

14 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

She let y'all know what was coming :clap3:

Crazy we're in a pandemic right now and the references bacame reality.

14 minutes ago, CarCAL22 said:

The song itself is alright, its a decent bop.

But her try-hard "woke" pop thing she was pushing at the time was CRINGE, and it ultimately soured this single for me. Even the performances make me cringe. That Grammys performance :rip:  gurl should have just stuck to her campy over-the-top poptart vibe.

Her releasing the supposed woke single which was this and her next two single’s being about straight up sex :bibliahh:not to mention the 2nd one featuring homophobic rappers! Real f*cking woke Katy...

KillingYourCareer

People in the YT comments are like, she tried to warn us but we didn't listen :dies: I honestly adore it, its beat goes on and on and on and it's so hypnotizing. I also love how it sounds like a happy upbeat song, it's a witty hint of irony.

KillingYourCareer
46 minutes ago, Mastamaind said:

Skip Marley delivering also

!!! his contribution, albeit short, is super impactful. Him and Katy really did an amazing job here.

Edited by KillingYourCareer
23 minutes ago, bad guy said:

It’s still irritating and way too repetitive but the final chorus is alright. What ever happened to Skip Marley? :rip:

girl your avi :jonny5:i just re-watched it last week, TASTE

OT: a classic :clap3: 

Edited by halcyonday
7 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

People in the YT comments are like, she tried to warn us but we didn't listen :dies: I honestly adore it, its beat goes on and on and on and it's so hypnotizing. I also love how it sounds like a happy upbeat song, it's a witty hint of irony.

I remember when this song first came out I was talking to a friend of my friend and she was quoting the “dance dance dance” line and saying how Katy doesn’t even sound like she cares what she’s singing about and it’s just a mindless pop song. I literally had to point out to her that was the intention of the song :rip: and she went “....okay maybe I’m just a hater.” :deadbanana2:

12 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

girl your avi :jonny5:i just re-watched it last week, TASTE

OT: a classic :clap3: 

MHG (Main Horror Girl) Neve is a legend :jonny:

OT: It goes on and on and on :doc: