Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

383 posts in this topic

AbeHicks
1 hour ago, Overprotected said:

The good place people being useless but then Michael has another realization and they escape. 

It IS weird how useless they are. I think this is why we won't ever really properly see the good place, there really is not a good way to portray that "perfection" the good place is supposed to represent.

2 hours ago, dperkins said:

What if they’ve been in the Bad Place still this whole time? The never ending running and mission to try and find The Good Place? I mean Eleanor said she’s tired of it. They all seem miserable. Lol

This idea comes up from time to time, the smart people who study film and story writing always says it is very unlikely because it's some sort of rule to not do the same big twist twice because it throws everything afterwards into question. So for that reason I don't think that is the case.

7 hours ago, Wicked said:

This episode was embarrassing. The handling of Jason is pathetic :rip: It's not even realistic. He's just a parody of himself now.

7 hours ago, Maddox said:

- Jason *says something stupid*

- Rest of the cast: "UGH he's sooo embarassing, let's just ignore him"

The writing of Jason is derivative and overdone, but sadly it's unlikely to ever change. He says these weird words together, phrases, that a portion of the audience seems to live for. (check reddit, they stan him so hard there). So for that reason I don't think he will ever really "change". I know we complained about Chidi too, how he doesn't develop either, how he is always so indecisive. I actually like that in that episode, that didn't happen, he was more decisive than ever before, and it was a refreshing change of pace for him.

dperkins

Also, I’m a bit surprised we’ve never heard a mention of a “purgatory”. Which is kinda like the inbetween. 

andresg770
1 hour ago, dperkins said:

Also, I’m a bit surprised we’ve never heard a mention of a “purgatory”. Which is kinda like the inbetween. 

Hmmm...  I hadn't thought of that.  What if the whole show IS the in-between place?  Like, this is how they prove whether they can redeem themselves and go to the good place?  :huh:

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that they did mention the Medium Place, where that lady lives (the one who secretly recorded Chidi and Eleanor having sex lol).  But they didn't talk about it as a sort of purgatory where you atone or your sins until you're reading to go to heaven so... :michael:

jomarr
4 hours ago, dperkins said:

It's on Mindy St. Claire's. Only one person has gone there.

dperkins
4 hours ago, jomarr said:

It's on Mindy St. Claire's. Only one person has gone there.

But that’s not really purgatory. It’s not in between in the sense of between heaven and hell as much as it’s in between because it’s for people who still need to prove where they belong. Like people who have sinned but weren’t necessarily given the best tools in life to get on the right path. If that makes sense. Lol. So it’s used as a place of learning and testing to see where you belong for eternity. 

jomarr
44 minutes ago, dperkins said:

But that’s not really purgatory. It’s not in between in the sense of between heaven and hell as much as it’s in between because it’s for people who still need to prove where they belong. Like people who have sinned but weren’t necessarily given the best tools in life to get on the right path. If that makes sense. Lol. So it’s used as a place of learning and testing to see where you belong for eternity. 

I think the Middle Place is the closest we could get with a purgatory since the purgatory is also defined as a place where souls who still need to prove themselves stay. It's either you go to the Bad Place of the Good Place. I think Michael also explained that it's very rare for them to have difficulty in assessing whether someone is for the good place or the bad place which is why Mindy St. Claire is alone in the middle, temporary place.

Tylerbv

This season has been less consistent than the previous two, but it's still really good. I agree Jason kind of feels like a filler character at the moment. He doesn't really have much going on and his stupidity is a bit much. We've had some development from the other 3 humans and Janet this season. I wish we'd get some for Jason.