Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

The Good Place: Season 3

403 posts in this topic

The Good Place Season 3 Poster

Emmy Nominated!

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Ted Danson

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series - Maya Rudolph

Television Critics Association Award Winner!

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, 2018

(Nominations: Program of the Year, 2018

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, 2017

Individual Achievement in Comedy - Ted Danson, 2018

Kristen Bell, 2017)

Season One:

Metacritic score 78 

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-good-place/critic-reviews

100 The Good Place takes off in absurd, insane and delightful directions, with episodes so rich in asides and throwaway bits that they might need to be watched more than once.

100 There’s no question that he [creator Mike Schur] and NBC are taking a chance with this tangy fantasy froth, but the necessary elements for a successful comedy are there, including the chemistry between Danson and Bell.

91 Nothing is perfect, but the wise whimsy of The Good Place comes close.

91 The show’s premise has so much potential for musing and puzzling that it’s a relief it remembers to be funny, too.

91 It shines through and stands out as the fall season’s best new comedy among the major broadcast networks. ... Her character is a fraud who so far doesn’t belong, but Bell herself is the very best thing about The Good Place.

90 The brilliance of the writing and world-building on The Good Place is taken to another level by its cast.

90 A gem of subversive mockery, trashing everything from New Age cosmic-muffin deism to central planning with gleeful comic bloodlust.

Season Two:

Metacritic score 87

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-good-place/season-2/critic-reviews

100 The Good Place is pure, unfiltered joy that also happens to contain all the ingredients that make it great television. ... The second season maintains The Good Place’s mantle as one of the very best shows on television right now.

100 It continues to be a thoughtful consideration of what we owe each other. And it’s also one of the funniest shows on this plane of existence.

90 The best show on network television. Michael Schur’s hysterical deconstruction of karma is reaching for new levels of brilliant absurdity in its second season after blowing people’s minds with the twist at the end of the first.

90 After delivering one of last fall’s most assured, instantly delightful debuts, in take two, the series solidifies its status as the most intellectually engaging comedy on television.

90 The good Good Place news: this is still a wonderful show--better, in many ways, now that creator Mike Schur has laid his cards on the table for us all to see. The new installments are livelier and funnier than before, particularly the third and fourth episodes.

#5 on Metacritic's aggregate of critics' lists of best shows of 2017

Just caught up with the rest of the season and for me, that finale cemented this season as one of the best seasons of TV ever.
The finale did THAT! I was GAGGING when Michael revealed what is going on.

S6AVQF5.gif

How are the ratings for the show? Are they good enough for NBCs' standards?? Is there any chance for renewal...

3 minutes ago, Maddox said:

How are the ratings for the show? Are they good enough for NBCs' standards?? Is there any chance for renewal...

It seems to have good ranking and a good amount of fans on social media. I feel like there's a good chance for a renewal!

It should return. Ratings never went into terrible territory, and NBC has had a lot of trouble finding comedies that don't. Might be an extra-long break if one of their many midseason sitcoms breaks through, to steal that fall slot. 

I'm gonna have to rewatch the whole season to see it through the lens of this gamechanging twist.

NBC comedies from this decade outside Good Place/Superstore, s1 lows:

about a boy 1.5 S1 with direct Voice lead-in and 0.7 without, whitney 1.4 in 2012 then 1.0 in 2013, growing up fisher 1.2 in 2014, up all night 1.2 in 2012, outsourced 1.3 in 2011, are you there chelsea 1.1 in 2012, animal practice 1.1s in 2012, guys with kids 1.0 in 2013, go on 1.0 in 2013, free agents 1.0 in 2011, perfect couples 1.0 in 2011;
marry me 0.7, carmichael 0.9, 100 questions 0.8 premiere, 1600 penn 0.7, a to z 0.4, bad judge 0.5, bent 0.7, best friends forever 0.5, crowded 0.4, friends with benefits 0.5, mjf 0.6, mr robinson 0.9, new normal 0.7, one big happy 0.8, paul reiser 0.9, save me 0.5, sean saves the world 0.7, telenovela 0.6, truth be told 0.4, undateable 0.6, welcome to the family 0.8, welcome to sweden 0.3, working the engels 0.5

i just loved how Michael erased their memories and cut her off at the same time...classic! i have been a big fan of Kristen bell since veronica mars, she is amazing! 

1 minute ago, Blood Magic said:

The twist scalped me. It better get renewed! :jonny: 

5 minutes ago, Flame said:

I hope this is renewed. 

3 hours ago, Maddox said:

6 hours ago, Bad Decisions said:

This needs to get a second season. That finale was everything. 

While it was not confirmed officially yet, the creator of the show talked about season 2 plans as if it was a sure thing that we are getting it. He probably knows more than we do. I would say chances for a renewal are very high.

I LOVE this show and I'm indifferent to almost all the currently airing comedies. It's probably due to the plot. Hope it gets renewed!

I watched the pilot back in September and enjoyed it. I might watch the remaining episodes now that the season is over.

I was SHOOK about that twist. I literally jumped out of my bed and paused it. I needed a moment to process it. So good. Better get renewed. 

NY_CryMeOut.gif

n I literally watched this in one sitting :skull:

it was good, Kristen was funny and I loved the diversity of characters. the twist wasn't completely unexpected if you ask me, I had a hunch that "the good place" wasn't what it seemed. but maybe that was because I watched the episodes back to back and the twist made sense in the end. I hope there's a season 2 but I'm not sure how they could make it more interesting... 

Yeah that season finale elevated an original comedy show idea into groundbreaking territory. Absolutely brilliant stuff. And Janet is hilarious.

Just caught up and i definitely didnt see that twist coming. Absolutely loved it :jonny3:

I guess I am the only one that didn't like the twist. It seemed to easy, idk. Still love the whole season so I hope it gets another one