ATRL's Deal or No Deal • & The Winner Is...

Lucky#17

CASE20 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$50,000 + "$5K BOOST" POWER!

The "$5k Boost" power would've allowed you to increase your own score in the upcoming power-activated round by $5,000.

ONE power remains.

Your board now looks like this:

Spoiler

rvITCSj.png

After opening 1case, the banker is offering you...

Spoiler

$212,507!

previous offers:

$170,005

$265,628

$230,346

$175,200

$168,718

$142,354
$114,337

DEAL or NO DEAL?

You can still present a counter offer to the banker & this is your LAST chance to do so, so if you choose to, make a wise counter.

Marvin, you can message your response here since you're the only player left in this game. Should you say "NO DEAL", you will have the option of sticking with your case, or picking the last case remaining (Case23), having played 'til the end of the game. There is STILL one power up for grabs, so that's another factor to consider in your decision-making.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucky#17

• Henry

• Queen Conchita

• miguel

Your counter has been...

Spoiler

DENIED!

You've still got the initial offer of $212,507 on the table. So...

DEAL or NO DEAL?

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, rl231 said:

Great job, sir! :clap3: 

Thanks, you too! I was fuming when I sent in my counter and Lucky told me you beat me to it :dies: 

Glad we’ll both be advancing!

Congratulations RL, you've won

Spoiler

$185,000!

& Congratulations Marvin, as you've won

Spoiler

$212,507!

Now, let's see if you made a good deal...

CASE23 CONTAINED...

Spoiler

$25!

Spoiler

This means one of you made a PHENOMENAL deal as you had the $0.01, while the other one of you missed out on $750,000 AND a power. So... who will it be?

MARVIN, YOUR CASE, CASE12, CONTAINED...

Spoiler

$750,000 + "$5K SABOTAGE" POWER!

The "$5k Sabotage" power would've allowed you to lower another player's score by $5,000 in the upcoming power-activated round.

A heartbreaker case! At least you've won the most amount of money so far this round, so be pleased with that!

WHICH MEANS CASE10, RL's CASE, CONTAINED...

Spoiler

$0.01!

Congrats on a PHENOMENAL deal!

What an intense game!!! - I did not expect you two to keep declining the offers as long as you did.

We'll be back tomorrow @ 2pm EST with Element & Taylucifer! Be sure to tune in!

• ATRL Moderator

UGH :jonny5:

I had $500k last round and $750k this round, I need to start trusting myself more

Wait @Lucky#17, what would've happened to Marvin's case if I was beat to the counter and Marvin accepted? Would I have theoretically been able to keep going until 2 cases and then switch mine for Marvin's, or is his off limits entirely? 

Just now, rl231 said:

Wait @Lucky#17, what would've happened to Marvin's case if I was beat to the counter and Marvin accepted? Would I have theoretically been able to keep going until 2 cases and then switch mine for Marvin's, or is his off limits entirely? 

His woulda been off-limits as he couldn't pick Case10 when he kept going.

It's one of the reasons why I love this round so much - the fact that you can't pick your opponent's case shifts the dynamic of future offers, etc. more than people realize. (ex: if your opponent picked the $1million your offer would go up continuously 'cause you wouldn't be able to knock it out) It's fascinating 'cause by someone taking a deal they can either **** up the other player's game entirely or make their game.

Welcome to Round3, @Element & @Taylucifer! - we'll be getting started in a few minutes. Attached below are the rules & all for the round, so let me know if you've got any questions. The Chatzy links are working so unless there's any questions, looks like we're all set to go!

Spoiler

ROUND3: VERSUS

Each pair will be playing ONE game at the same time, but not together as in the previous round, which’ll work well for all of you communication-wise since there’s no need to collaborate. Instead of 26cases being on the board, we’re gonna shake things up a little & have 28cases in a single game. Since I forgot (**** host I know) to implement the added $0.01 cases and $1million in Marvin & Movies’ game last round, I figured it’d be best to implement them this round for some more fun. Here are how games will be played, step-by-step:

Spoiler

Selecting Your Case:

Each of you will select one of the 28cases to be yours throughout the game. You are still aiming to select the case you believe has the $1million inside & you still will not be able to change the case unless you play ’til the very end. I will still be implementing the Player1 / Player2 system here — whoever selects their case first becomes Player1. [26cases will remain after the pickings]

Accepting/Declining Offers:

Each round, the two of you will receive the SAME offer from the bank. Now, here is where things will get quite competitive — the two of you CANNOT accept an offer at the same time (counters included). To ensure fairness, every game I’ll be sure to set up a PM space for you (either on Chatzy or Discord since the server make ATRL PMs a terrible idea). Every time I present an offer, the two of you will PM ME your decision, NOT posting it in the thread until I give both of you the green light to post your decisions (so one decision does not influence another).

Should both of you decide to take the deal (or present a counter offer), the person whose message I received FIRST will be allowed to accept the deal & the other player will be forced to continue playing. If one decides to accept a deal (or counter) & the other player decides to keep playing naturally, that’s obviously no issue (just again, make sure neither one of you post your decision until I give you the green light in PMs - I’ll also remind you during the game). Either way, when one player decides to continue playing solo, the amount of cases they would open that round would likely change from what’s posted below, but I’ll let you know how many with each offer just to prepare you. Here, is where I expect the variance in scores/winnings for the games will occur!

*All cases are chosen in-thread except for the last round / the case swap*

Round1 / 3cases Each:

Player1 gets to pick 3cases to open, then Player2 gets to pick 3cases to open. [20cases will remain after the pickings]

Round2 / 2cases Each:

Player2 gets to pick 2cases to open, then Player1 gets to pick 2cases to open. [16cases will remain after the pickings]

Round3 / 2cases Each:

Player1 gets to pick 2cases to open, then Player2 gets to pick 2cases to open. [12cases will remain after the pickings]

Round4 / 1case Each:

Player2 gets to pick 1case to open, then Player1 gets to pick 1case to open. [10cases will remain after the pickings]

Round5 / 1case Each:

Player1 gets to pick 1case to open, then Player2 gets to pick 1case to open. [8cases will remain after the pickings]

Round6 / 1case Each:

Player2 gets to pick 1case to open, then Player1 gets to pick 1case to open. [6cases will remain after the pickings]

Round7 / 1case Each:

Player1 gets to pick 1case to open, then Player2 gets to pick 1case to open. [4cases will remain after the pickings]

Round8 / Case Swap:

Both of you will have a chance to swap your case, or stick with yours if you’d like. Like banker offers, this portion will be done through PMs, again, not to influence the other player’s decision. Odds are both players will get what they want unless both want to swap their case for the same case remaining (though there will be 2cases left aside from yours); in that case, I’ll allow whoever got their message through first to do so, with the other player having the alternate options.

Since the “doubles” theme could somewhat be applied here (and Christ in 21games only 1player has been able to win one of these), I’m keeping that 8powers will be hidden in the cases and up for grabs. You can only win a power if one of the two scenarios occur:

Spoiler

a) you play all the way until the end & whichever case you finish with has a power in them.

b) if you accept a deal while there are SIX cases remaining (excluding your case) then you have the opportunity to select one of the cases left in-play. if you are selecting a case for a power while a player would still be playing after you finish your game & if you happen to select correctly, the amount of the case you select will NOT be revealed, but the remaining player would have their odds decreased as they couldn’t get a power from the case you selected.

The TWO players with the LOWEST scores of the round (of ALL 10player remaining) will be eliminated at the end of this round.

Legend E & Queen Conchita are currently in the Bottom2 as Legend E finished with with $155,000 & Queen Conchita finished with $173,445. Both Marvin & rl231 were able to score higher than the two of them, so they'll be moving onto Round4. Since TWO people will be eliminated this round, the only way to secure your spot in Round4 now is to beat Queen Conchita's score of $173,445.

• ATRL Moderator

hi i am re-reading the rules

Great! - let's get started. Here are all 28cases. Both of you, in the thread, will pick the case you'd like to be YOURS throughout the game. If you happen to go for the same one, the person to have posted first will get it, forcing the other to re-pick. The person to post first will be regarded as Player1 moving forward. Good luck!

BrnZeWJ.png

• ATRL Moderator

I will go with case 28 since it's the only time it can ever happen x

They're all yours! For this round, you'll be opening up 6cases together - 3cases each. As Player1, Taylucifer will start us off.

2XunEQf.png

8, 16, 24 :ihype:

Edited by Taylucifer

CASE8 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$100,000!

CASE16 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$500!

CASE24 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$400,000!

CASE25 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$200!

CASE26 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$750!

CASE27 CONTAINS...

Spoiler

$10!

Your board now looks like this:

Spoiler

7dpeVeH.png

Please standby as the banker calculates your offer.

After opening 6cases, the banker is offering you...

Spoiler

$106,826!

DEAL or NO DEAL?

Neither of you may present a counter offer yet since this is only the end of Round1 of pickings. Please message me in our Chatzy rooms whether you would like to accept or decline the deal, then wait for my green light to post in the thread. Remember, BOTH of you cannot accept the deal - the first person who does will be able to take the deal, while the other player will have to continue playing. Should the both of you say "NO DEAL", each of you will open 2cases next round. Should only one of you say "NO DEAL", the single person continuing playing will open up 5cases next round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.