July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

The Crown | Season 3 on 17 November!

258 posts in this topic

The Crown

A Netflix original, created and written by Peter Morgan. The first season focuses on Princess Elizabeth's wedding in 1947 up to Churchill's resignation in 1955. Seasons 1 + 2 are available on Netflix now. Season 3 will premiere on 17 November 2019

News

• The budget for the first two seasons is $100 million.
  • Seasons 3+4 and seasons 5+6 will see a complete cast overhaul, with different actors portraying the main characters. This decision was made due to the characters aging over the seasons.
  • Season 3 will premiere on 17 November 2019

Timeline

• Season 1: 1947 - 1955
  • Season 2: 1955 - 1964
  • Season 3: 1976 -

Cast Season 3

Queen Elizabeth         - Olivia Colman

Prince Philip               - Tobias Menzies

Princess Margaret      - Helena Bonham Carter

PM Harold Wilson      - Jason Watkins 

Diana Spencer           - Emma Corrin

Cast Season 1 + 2

Spoiler

Queen Elizabeth         - Claire Foy

Prince Philip               - Matt Smith

Princess Margareth    - Vanessa Kirby

Lord Snowdon            - Matthew Goode

PM Anthony Eden      - Jeremy Northam

PM Harold Macmillan - Anton Lesser

John F. Kennedy        - Michael C. Hall

Jacqueline Kennedy  - Jodi Balfour

Awards

Spoiler

Claire Foy - Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Series Drama

The Crown - Golden Globe for Best Television Series Drama

John Lithgow - SAG award for Best Male in a Drama Series

Claire Foy - SAG award for Best Female in a Drama Series

Season 3 will premiere on Netflix in 2019

It was kinda boring sometimes, but hopefully the next seasons will be more interesting, since it'll contain Diana and all that stuff. 

Liked the first season a lot and can't wait for the 2nd. It's gonna be so interesting when they bring Diana into the series.

My husband and I just binge watched this yesterday. Holy ****, it is soooo damn good! I can't wait for the next 5 seasons...

On 1/22/2017 at 5:44 AM, lightstheyblindme said:

I kind of want to rewatch this :jonny:

chillll

It was so amazing, it is like witnessing a masterpiece, I was noT expecting it. 

9 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

It was kinda boring sometimes, but hopefully the next seasons will be more interesting, since it'll contain Diana and all that stuff. 

The second season will end in 1965, presumably with Churchill's death. Diana won't be a thing until at least the end of season three, or the start of season 4 and her death will not be a thing until at least the end of season 4, or by mid season 5, assuming they go 10 years a season like they did for season 1. 

Is this show good? I would like to start it, but these kind of historical shows are kind of boring to me to be honest, but I read a lot of positive comments, I'm tempted.

Is it similar to 'Downton Abbey' or better?

Cast for season 2 so far:

Queen Elizabeth         - Claire Foy

Prince Philip               - Matt Smith

Princess Margareth    - Vanessa Kirby

Lord Snowdon            - Matthew Goode (from The Good Wife / Downton Abbey)

PM Anthony Eden      - Jeremy Northam (from The Tudors)

PM Harold Macmillan - Anton Lesser (from Game of Thrones / Pirates of the Caribbean: OST)

John F. Kennedy        - Michael C. Hall (from Dexter)

Jacqueline Kennedy  - Jodi Balfour (from Bomb Girls)

Foy, who plays Queen Elizabeth, added: "It’s very much about Philip and his impact on the crown, and their marriage. It’s about Margaret and Tony Armstrong-Jones . . . It’s very much the outside world, and the ‘60s, and sex and drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, and stuff that really you would not associate with the Queen of England.

Peter Morgan has hinted that Prince Philip could cheat on the Queen during season two.

Speaking at a panel discussion, he said: “Doesn't everyone in Britain know [Philip] had an affair?”

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/733475/the-crown-netflix-uk-release-date-cast-what-will-happen-season

Can't wait for this to come back :jonny: 

According to star Claire Foy, who plays the Queen, this installment "was completely different, like a completely different show in a way. The direction the show has gone in is very different and the period of time is moving on, so it does feel very different," she said.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/news/a9360/the-crown-season-2/

About three months until the new season

As Queen Elizabeth’s marriage and empire crumbles around her, she must do what is required to ensure the British monarchy survives. The Crown Season 2. December 2017.

OMFG I cannot wait! She seems so much more in control this season. Love it!