frenchyisback

Adele, BTS & Taylor are the ONLY Album Sellers Left. AGREED?

frenchyisback
5 minutes ago, sickening said:

^

they are. theres still mandatory military, solo works, or the years curse that most groups go through talentless and all. its not like bighit will cry over this either, they have a back up baby BTS just in case the older ones become obselete. 

1 minute ago, Solitaiire said:

omfg wait you do have a point there i hadn't even thought about the military thing...

Still, I think with the crazy following they have they'll be fine but yeah I agree they probably will slow down a bit

Isn't the Korean government working on changing the laws and push back the age of military service just so BTS can continue to promote South Korean culture?

Solitaiire
Just now, frenchyisback said:

Isn't the Korean government working on changing the laws and push back the age of military service just so BTS can continue to promote South Korean culture?

I wouldn't be surprised, didn't they bring $7 billion from people visiting because of them last year?

sickening
1 minute ago, frenchyisback said:

um no? theyve already said that they have to do it and even are re affirming their decision to not exepmt pop stars. Only classical musicians who have won awards dont have to go. the defense said fewer than 45 people get exempt from doing service. if this were true, then psy wouldve been exempt from going to the military first because of Gangnam Style and Gentlemen. so yeah only women and awarded classical musicans dont have to go. the only person who may not have to go is RM because i think he has had heart surgery.

Carrie-is-no-1
21 minutes ago, sickening said:

flawed and incorrect.

talentless acts fade and rot and go into acting because their all tired of body rolling and shaking their asses. the real talent stays in show business. get it together.

BTS has been around for quite a while, so this whole idea that BTS is gonna be over next year is such a HOAX.  However, I do believe that BTS will fade in prob 5 years from now. But i haven't seen any K-pop act that's as huge globally as them so far, counting both sales, popularity & impacts (like the whole United Nation speech etc.)

I grew up in an era where H.O.T. was the GOAT of K-pop and couldn't believe one day i'll see a similar act dominating like this. 

sickening
1 minute ago, sickening said:

um no? theyve already said that they have to do it and even are re affirming their decision to not exepmt pop stars. Only classical musicians who have won awards dont have to go. the defense said fewer than 45 people get exempt from doing service. if this were true, then psy wouldve been exempt from going to the military first because of Gangnam Style and Gentlemen. so yeah only women and awarded classical musicans dont have to go. the only person who may not have to go is RM because i think he has had heart surgery.

7 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

I wouldn't be surprised, didn't they bring $7 billion from people visiting because of them last year?

see above ^

sickening
1 minute ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

BTS has been around for quite a while, so this whole idea that BTS is gonna be over next year is such a HOAX.  However, I do believe that BTS will fade in prob 5 years from now. But i haven't seen any K-pop act that's as huge globally as them so far, counting both sales, popularity & impacts (like the whole United Nation speech etc.)

I grew up in an era where H.O.T. was the GOAT of K-pop and couldn't believe one day i'll see a similar act dominating like this. 

you think quite a while is 2013??? chile :rip:

i dont think theyll be over next although i wish they were  but in all honesty itll be soon because of their mandatory military. RM is prob the only person who wont have to go because of alleged heart surgery. and BP is getting there, they just had a cute little late start, being in the dungeon is all.

and psy exists ma'am.

Carrie-is-no-1
3 minutes ago, sickening said:

you think quite a while is 2013??? chile :rip:

i dont think theyll be over next although i wish they were  but in all honesty itll be soon because of their mandatory military. RM is prob the only person who wont have to go because of alleged heart surgery. and BP is getting there, they just had a cute little late start, being in the dungeon is all.

and psy exists ma'am.

Psy was HUGE in terms of peak but not consistent. I haven't seen an act selling this consistent like BTS - they've been selling albums like this for the past 2-3 years? Which is why i'm very excited for what the future has in store for them.

and 7 years and not yet to hit peak is a great story bro!

Selena Gomez

BLACKPINK's next album already sold 800k+ physical copies and may approach 1M sales or more in the release week. That's in line with Taylor's first week sales so you might as well add them.  

sickening
1 minute ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Psy was HUGE in terms of peak but not consistent. I haven't seen an act selling this consistent like BTS - they've been selling albums like this for the past 2-3 years? Which is why i'm very excited for what the future has in store for them.

and 7 years and not yet to hit peak is a great story bro!

peak as in sales wise or music quality?  i dont care much about slaes and more the quality of music an artist has to offer and in terms of BTS, theyve already peaked and are on a nose dive into the ground. everything after Spring Day. 

Psy is more recongizable to the gp, though no matter his consistency. i asked people in my class if they knew all of bts and they only know jungkook. 

drmkng
3 minutes ago, Selena Gomez said:

BLACKPINK's next album already sold 800k+ physical copies and may approach 1M sales or more in the release week. That's in line with Taylor's first week sales so you might as well add them.  

:bibliahh:

Selena Gomez
2 minutes ago, drmkng said:

What's so funny? 

bad guy

The Billie snub.

xu9N8Bo.gif

TROJAN

Gaga too, ASIB sold over 7M and Chromatica’s already sold 2.1M units WW 

Edited by TROJAN
Typo

Carrie-is-no-1
21 minutes ago, sickening said:

peak as in sales wise or music quality?  i dont care much about slaes and more the quality of music an artist has to offer and in terms of BTS, theyve already peaked and are on a nose dive into the ground. everything after Spring Day. 

Psy is more recongizable to the gp, though no matter his consistency. i asked people in my class if they knew all of bts and they only know jungkook. 

hard to argue on quality because it's subjective (tho i do agree with Dynamite is like their worst single, their old stuffs are way edgier) - and Psy is more recognisable with GP - so agree on that too.

However i still disagree in the original argument cause I still believe that BTS is on its way to become the biggest K-pop act ever (till another act surpass them). But it's their game to lose now.

My Tears Ricochet

Agreed 

My Tears Ricochet
43 minutes ago, Selena Gomez said:

SwiftLover
33 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Not you sneaking her in with 1 successful project from the last nine years:dies: 

OT:

Where’s Beyonce? 

this is an outrage :fish2:

Edited by SwiftLover

frenchyisback
1 hour ago, sickening said:

My understanding is that Dynamite hitting #1 on the Hot100 changed a lot of things.

BigHit says in a press release thay Jin's departure is expected to be postponed.

But who knows? Maybe they are saying this cause they have an I.P.O coming up with billions of $$$ on the line.

frenchyisback
47 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Not a duet soundtrack tho' :cupid:

Chromatica did not sell 2.1Million in pure sales either.

Edited by frenchyisback

frenchyisback
1 hour ago, Selena Gomez said:

Didn't their last mini album do less sales than twice's?

I'm thinking wait until they actually do get certified sales.

Edited by frenchyisback

Stellars

One of these things is not like the others

drmkng
1 hour ago, Selena Gomez said:

What's so funny? 

TROJAN
1 hour ago, SwiftLover said:

Not you sneaking her in with 1 successful project from the last nine years:dies: 

OT:

Where’s Beyonce? 

50 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Not a duet soundtrack tho' :cupid:

Chromatica did not sell 2.1Million in pure sales either.

Gaga is an artist who can still sell albums in 2020, that’s what this thread was talking about. In the past 2 years Gaga has sold over 9M album units, so yes, she can still sell albums. :michael:

TROJAN
1 hour ago, SwiftLover said:

OT:

Where’s Beyonce? 

Wait what? Gaga has had several successful projects in the last 9 years. Cheek To Cheek, Joanne, A Star Is Born, and Chromatica.

TrieLz

Yes, BTS & Tay are the only artist that have a huge & loyal fanbase to keep those million seller.

the other fanbase can only dream to have selling power like Army’s & Swifties.:sistrens:

and Adele the only artist left that loved by GP.