Raspberry Swirl

Why do stans still care about Grammys in 2020?

Zombie
18 minutes ago, Raspberry Swirl said:

Do you realize the artist whose meme you're quoting is an OGH (Obsessed.mp3 Grammy Hater)? :fan:

I don’t blame her, they’ve been paying her dust for over 10 years 

X63SM8m.gif

gotportugal
1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

That gif:dies: Is that Kanye? 

Yes

feuxtography

bad guy

Because like it or not they’re the most prestigious award in music. I don’t care about the Oscar’s or the Emmy’s to determine my favorite actors or movies/shows but they’re still important awards with prestige.

FloridaKilos

Even without the confirmation, you could bank on award shows like the Grammys being rigged or politically motivated. This was most evident last year when Lizzo and Billie sweeped.

John Slayne

Grammys matter when my faves are winning, when they aren't it's all biased and obsolete

X63SM8m.gif

Mr. Blue_Shirt

I mean, why do stans still care about award in general?

Dysmorphia

The only music awards that matter at this point is literally only The Grammys & The BRITS. Both have the highest TV ratings,  and both are awarded by a panel, not fan voted like the rest.

Isaiah
3 hours ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Sounds like something someone whose fave doesn't get Grammys would say

This :gaygacat2:

Rino

it's a well-established and popular institution that has become to be known as the most prestigious music-related award in the music industry :kitty:

don't think it's going to change any time soon 

mcohen

I don't think it is that odd that music stans care about the most important music award in 2020

X63SM8m.gif

Edited by mcohen

Dula Peep

only Swifties care about the Shammys  :michael:

X63SM8m.gif

MissedTheTrain
5 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

Grammys are still seen as the most prestigious award you can receive in the music industry. Naturally, stans will of course care about if their fave is nominated/wins an award. 

I mean, this.  No awards show process is perfect, but it is still the most prestigious award in the music biz.  That expose really seemed to be more about the show than it did the awards anyway.

Raspberry Swirl
4 hours ago, FloridaKilos said:

Even without the confirmation, you could bank on award shows like the Grammys being rigged or politically motivated. This was most evident last year when Lizzo and Billie sweeped.

!

I see the confirmation as the final nail in the coffin, really. It's interesting how some people act like it's the be-all and end-all of being validated as a good artist.

X63SM8m.gif

Raspberry Swirl
8 hours ago, selsfetish said:

bc most our faves and their labels still care, they do a whole Grammy campaign despite the fact its corrupt; which other award show do they do that for?

yes its rigged but until our faves stop caring enough to the point they stop attending the award show and treating it like its a big deal, stans will use it as bragging rights

also if Grammys become worthless, what does that mean for almost every award show in general? 

I actually like this response. :clap3: