• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sweetkiss

• 07tandu

• rac7d

• sickening

selena girl bye. Ur the most annoying pop star. U jump in and out of victimization and then want sympathy and then when u dont get the support u beg for u go right back to controversy and using bieber for clout.

2 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

selena girl bye. Ur the most annoying pop star. U jump in and out of victimization and then want sympathy and then when u dont get the support u beg for u go right back to controversy and using bieber for clout.

:biblio:

-

i agree with her. i hate the revival album cover. she needs to back to her best album cover aesthetic :-*

Selena Gomez -- Stars Dance -- Available 7/23 - YouTube

I don't see how she's like Miley. She's not dragging her past work but is saying she felt she needed to show skin and that (at the time) wasn't her. She has said and shown various times in the past before that she felt insecure about being sexy or that she felt she had to act a certain way.

Just now, Sansa said:

I don't see how she's like Miley. She's not dragging her past work but is saying she felt she needed to show skin and that (at the time) wasn't her. She has said and shown various times in the past before that she felt insecure about being sexy or that she felt she had to act a certain way.

Isn't she considering Revival her first real album though? She sounds like they forced her to have a more mature sound.

9 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

And ice cream is you? Lmao

Some of you still not getting the difference between being pressure to do something versus doing something on your own volition that feels natural and not forced by anyone. That's like saying a woman who was victim of a rape can't complain because she had sex before.  :shakeno:

4 minutes ago, Squall said:

Isn't she considering Revival her first real album though? She sounds like they forced her to have a more mature sound.

She's not talking about the sound of the album though? She's talking about the visuals, being naked on the cover etc.

If you look at the Rare Beauty booklet she kind of says the same, that she felt she wasn't sexy enough, she felt she needed to act a certain way etc.

You all need to really better your reading comprehension skills. There is a difference between feeling pressured to “be more mature” and actually wanting to be “sexy”. Also she is not bashing the album at all, but some visuals. 

19 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

who hurt you that much for you to be this misogynistic? Lol

why is everyone so surprised when she's spoken about this before, shes not talking about the album itself but the music videos, photoshoots etc 

4 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

Do the PR teams of all these pop girls think that stans enjoy when artists bash their past music? 

I think it’s just become such a common trope, especially in the social media era which is all about reinvention, for pop artists to want to shed their past personas or eras. I’m getting a bit tired of it though :skull: Like, that was you and people liked you for it, you don’t have to dismiss it because that’s not how you are anymore. In this particular instance though I think Selena is saying she felt sexualized by being told to be more “mature” and being nude on the cover, which most female artists have admitted to feeling at some point because sex sells.

14 minutes ago, qurl said:

imagine thinking this :skull: 

revival sweetie i’m so sorry

revival is horrible :rip: