Billboard Charts (January 29 - February 4, 2017)

alexanderao

17 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I will figure it out. But will probably need 2 or 3 weeks to be accurate again. Probably just do the top 20 until then

just kidding sis. i love your predictions.:date2:

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

• NEZ

1 hour ago, Blue G said:

can someone explain the sunset rule? and what does it mean to falling songs and their longetivity on the charts

It's just a rule for the chart on Pandora. The streams still count regularly for the Hot 100. So irrelevant. Just another detail that makes it harder for me, but alright.

13 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

So to clarify, the added Pandora streams are going to be super beneficial to songs like LOB, STYB and WUTB? 

Aka songs that are smashing on radio but nowhere else lol 

Yes

7 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

but points from that will be added to streaming songs not radio, right?

Yes

8 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

but points from that will be added to streaming songs not radio, right?

yeah streaming i believe.

11 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

So to clarify, the added Pandora streams are going to be super beneficial to songs like LOB, STYB and WUTB? 

Aka songs that are smashing on radio but nowhere else lol 

Also, is there some kind of link that can take me to the top songs on Pandora? Or does no such thing exist yet? 

Idk about STYB & WUTB, but LOTB is going #10 or #11 on digital sales this week and it's top 30 on streaming songs without a video so... :celestial5: 

30 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

LOTB is perfect for the Grammys though, so it would be odd if she didn't perform it.

And I think top 3 might still be a reach tbh just because Migos, Ed, and Zaylor are so strong. A #4 peak would be more than possible.

if she releases a video the same night of the grammys then LOTB could definitely top the hot 100. 

Edited by NEZ

2 minutes ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

@simmnfierzig what do you do for a living? Curious about how you started doing predictions on ATRL.

He works as a news reporter in Ghanda

1 minute ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

@simmnfierzig what do you do for a living? Curious about how you started doing predictions on ATRL.

I'm a student. Industrial engineering and management I guess it's called in English.

Just love numbers and stuff. Hot 100 predictions are a lot of fun

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

He works as a news reporter in Ghanda

I do what, where :cupid:

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'm a student. Industrial engineering and management I guess it's called in English.

Just love numbers and stuff. Hot 100 predictions are a lot of fun

ok awesome! you're making me become interested in it since I'm majoring in Math.

Since I'm bored, I'm going to do another super early prediction for the top 10 and some others.

Tomorrow I'll try the top 20. 

(01) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #21 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #3 (=) 

(02) Shape of You || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #5 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: #5 || Pandora: #14 (=) 

(03) I Don't Wanna Live Forever || iTunes: #1 || Radio: #11 || Spotify: #4 || YouTube: #2 || Pandora: #9 (+2) 
(04) Bad Things || iTunes: #6 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #12 || YouTube: #14 || Pandora: #13 (=) 

(05) Closer || iTunes: #16 || Radio: #4 || Spotify: #13 || YouTube: #7 || Pandora: #34 (-2)

(06) Black Beatles || iTunes: #34 || Radio: #13 || Spotify: #11 || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: #1 (=) 

(07) Fake Love || iTunes: #19 || Radio: #8 || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #2 (+2)

(08) Don't Wanna Know || iTunes: #17 || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #20 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #6 (-1)

(09) Starboy || iTunes: #27 || Radio: #12 || Spotify: #8 || YouTube: #6 || Pandora: #5 (-1) 

(10) Scars To Your Beautiful || iTunes: #20 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #75 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #4 (=) 

Others

(11) Paris || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #22 || Spotify: #5 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #19 (+2) 

(12) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #18 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #63 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+2)

(15) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #14 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #22 (+3) 

Edited by ARTPØP

With the formula change it seems pretty certain that Shape Of You has the #1 in the bag for next week.

Would post some numbers, but not without kworb...

Pretty stupid to decrease sales and streams when radio is the component that should be dropped :rip:

EDIT: urban tracks are still popular on Pandora. 

Edited by Superpower

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Radio is the component that should be dropped :rip:

Please elaborate.

Just now, alexanderao said:

Please elaborate.

Not dropped completely but weighted down more because of all the radio corruption and radio payola is 1000x worst than Spotify payola

Just now, Superpower said:

Not dropped completely but weighted down more because of all the radio corruption and radio payola is 1000x worst than Spotify payola

What do you think should determine a metric's influence on the Hot 100: how many people use it or the mechanisms that determine the songs they listen to while using it? I say the former.

7 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Pretty stupid to decrease sales and streams when radio is the component that should be dropped :rip:

EDIT: urban tracks are still popular on Pandora. 

Sales were increased

8 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Sales were increased

Oh good. I was told they were decreased. This makes more sense.

Is SoundCloud already part of the points? I think they should add it too

1 minute ago, Superpower said:

It is

1 minute ago, Superpower said:

SoundCloud is already part of the Hot 100.

Actually, it would make more sense to decrease sales/increase streaming, but whatever. Such a move would clearly go against their desires– it seems like no matter how low sales go, they still want them to have a consistent influence on the Hot 100. I disagree with that philosophy, but at least it's not really preventing the chart from being inaccurate. It's a pretty accurate chart right now.

Wait, so the influence of sales was increased? That's such a mess. With the sales market shrinking and the streaming market growing, how does that make sense?

Just now, Thuggin said:

Wait, so the influence of sales was increased? That's such a mess. With the sales market shrinking and the streaming market growing, how does that make sense?

It doesn't. As I described above, it's solely because they want to have sales maintain their influence (in the face of sales numbers rapidly shrinking). They're being stubborn.