Song of the Season 3 ? WINNER ANNOUNCED (pg. 137)

ughgabriel

if anyone wants a glimpse of whats happening in the judges chat right now:

15182d6da7b3fe268cb479f6f70cccbb.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Hug

• fountain

• Rence

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

what :deadbanana:

36 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Wait I thought these birds were fighting each other meaning y'all just couldn't agree on rankings

Then I saw these birds are jumping what looks to be a snake...who is the person y'all are collectively bullying in the judges chat dfskbjdfs

7 minutes ago, Rence said:

what :deadbanana:

diversity in rankings. massive massive diversity

Wnk.gif

5 minutes ago, Hug said:

Wait I thought these birds were fighting each other meaning y'all just couldn't agree on rankings

Then I saw these birds are jumping what looks to be a snake...who is the person y'all are collectively bullying in the judges chat dfskbjdfs

nooo it's meant to be them arguing. because the other judges are not good at doing their rankings :biblio:

Wnk.gif

10 minutes ago, Rence said:

The Ducklings | Wiki | Cartoon Amino

the smiling one is definitely gabe. just look at that evil evil smile :biblio:

Oh wow thank you auburn

1 hour ago, keshaspearsxo said:

So, results today? :oxygen2:

Yes. If I get all the judges’ rankings, we’ll do results today :gaycat1:

Due to the quits, there will only be one elimination

2 hours ago, Hug said:

who is the person y'all are collectively bullying in the judges chat dfskbjdfs

? 

2 hours ago, Prisoner said:

nooo it's meant to be them arguing. because the other judges are not good at doing their rankings :biblio:

Wnk.gif

oh wow expose them 

Wnk.gif

2 minutes ago, Rence said:

the other judges are not good at doing their rankings :biblio:

Wow prisoner finally admitting the judges were wrong for crowning him the winner of SOTS2

4 minutes ago, Rence said:

not the host creating a fake narrative for this season's drama 

Wnk.gif

suddenly i don’t speak english

Spoiler

puta

1 minute ago, ughgabriel said:

suddenly i don’t speak english

Reveal hidden contents

puta

I-

mXwsxhg.jpg

Spoiler

OreGuy – Horror Stories

Ok, so this is inspired by AHS? I love AHS.

What I liked about this:

The imagery and creativity is there in this song. Your descriptions of the different monsters, vampires, and murderers kept my attention, especially how it felt that each verse had a different creature’s pov as an overarching metaphor for this relationship. I also felt that the verse 1 was really strong. The best part of the song for me. It starts off straight away with a feeling of Halloween.

‘Horror Stories,

Murder stories’.

What I didn’t really like:

I kept trying, but I couldn’t get the meter to work for me. But it seemed like you had one when you wrote ‘always-always’ in the prechorus. Because of this, it was hard to really engage with the work because I kept being thrown off by what appeared to be run-on sentences and then two word sentences. It never sat comfortable for me. I also thought some of the rhymes came across as overly obvious i.e. blood, rush and forced i.e. tricks and schtick in the chorus. I also felt the chorus wasn’t as impactful as that first verse so it felt like an anti-climax a bit. But I did liked the cold dead bodies lines.

Speezy – Trick and Treat

What I really liked about this was the meter. It’s so tight, reading it feels engaging and interesting because of that.

I really liked the concept for this song. ‘The Full Moon Thieves’ is such a great tag name for this group of trick AND treaters. Starting with the Michael Jackson line is a really great idea I thought, because all of the imagery you want us to have, is already there when you mention Michael Jackson and Halloween. It also separated you from the crowd of other entries with that strong opening. I also really liked this style of writing, really in your face and conversational i.e. talking about the treat you’ll receive but that you need a fendi, not Birkin etc.

There are some issues I felt like the Chorus relying on over-used rhymes like roar, door, high, hide etc, that do hinder the song I felt. Receive/ Fendi were so much creative rhymes I felt, that the chorus felt like a little bit of a let down.

Overall I did really like this song, and the conversational element was brilliant. 

Keshaspearsxo – FF1&FF2

I liked both songs but FF2 resonated with me more so I’m going to rank and judge that one instead. The opening was so stellar I thought. So much tone, and imagery, and all of the senses.

This song is something I’ll probably think about after this competition because of how much I was intrigued by it. There are so many lines to pick up that I liked. The chorus is brilliant and really drives home this idea of passing time through personification and rebirth. Just a really creative entry, from start to finish.

Also, yeah it’s not extremely Halloween-y but I think describing Autumn works a little considering the environment surrounding Halloween.

Tropicum – Llorona

To be completely honest you, I only heard of the legend of La Llorona when I watched The Conjuring spin off movie on it in 2019 and I was so fascinated by the story so I was really excited to read your entry.

Coming from the perspective of one of her children, the lyrics really show how angry this child is at what happened and how they met their end. ‘Cry harder’.

The meter is really well done here and great to read. The lines are also really punchy and all of them practically stand out:

‘The sky is melting, Llorona, Llorona

Yet, you can’t see the heavens

Pray to God, Llorona Llorona

Cry harder, for your extinct children

I see you roaming, Llorona, Llorona

Roaming, the streets of limbo’

It almost feels liked the child is emotionally spilling out their words about their mother.

I also really liked that they’re calling for Llorona to accept what they did and to move on and end the cycle.

The only critique I would have is that it comes across as a bit short. It feels under-developed. I would’ve loved more exploration on this topic maybe with longer lines, or more verses.

Ampersand13 – Sensual Ghost

What I really liked most about this song is the details. The ‘walking sign’, ‘my hands are cracking’, ‘scarlet kiss’. It’s just really great songwriting.

My favourite line was:

‘You’re a ghastly fright opening me up at midnight

You’re a walking sign telling me I won’t survive’

It’s liked succumbing to something you know is wrong but it’s hard to not think about it.

The prechorus was really strong as well I felt. I liked the description and honest declaration of wanting someone in person.

I would say that after-reading it multiple times, my idea of what the song has changed every time I do read it. Not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing, because I’m left just wanting to know what the actual song is about and not my interpretation ha.

Aurora – Take a Bite

This was such a perfectly crafted pop song. The descriptions in this song are great, particularly in verse 2 about the person’s attitude and beliefs after midnight.

My favourite part of the song is the bridge, it really added this other dimension of the warning about not really wanting this kinda of life. ‘To die-or worse, reverse the curse-you’ll say…’ Is really impactful song writing.

I thought the spoken bits worked, they added a creepy, ominous feeling to the song.

Astronomy – Play Thing

‘You’re addicted, the way you sicken, it corrodes your insides’ Is a really awesome line. There is such anger and resentment in this song and you presented it so well. The metaphor decisions are so well picked here. Verse 1 stands out so well because of the metaphor you used with the well poisoning his insides describing his corruption from within.

I also liked how in the second verse we start to see more of an active role in this person’s demise, instead of just hoping it happens. It gave it some added variance that it needed.

‘You may be powerful,

But you don’t own me’

Is a great finisher. Great job.

Firecrotch – Back in Love

I felt this was better read as referring to the monster as the addiction. It added a more realistic and honest account I felt. ‘The games you play make me sick’ comes across as a line with much more dimension for example. Like trying to detox but it’s not going well (when does it ever go well though??)

It feels like this person is a force to be reckoned with, they’re really tackling this monster, even without support from family which can only be commended. The song really showcases this relationship with the monster with all it’s complexities really well.

‘My family begs me to stay away,

I tell them I'm fine and that I need a day,

Cause I'm in love it's pure, it's true I swear,

He's not like that didn't you hear?’

Really stuck out to me and resonated with me here. Just the conversational lines here are really great and tugged at the heart strings a little lol. I actually wish there was more of this conversational approach to this song.

I really didn’t think the ‘go, go, go,’ line belonged, it just felt odd to include it and was a juxtaposition to how dark the rest of the song is. Although there’s probably a sarcastic element here that doesn’t translate over just text, and probably would if you were singing it.

Hug - Werewolf/Moon

I loved the route you went down with this. The first verse about the line drawn into the sand sweeping away but the person being able to control the tides was brilliantly poetic. Such a great analogy.

I Like how the “ebbs and flows” was a call back to what the moon can do with the tides. You really hammered home the power dynamic and imbalance presented with these two.

Not a huge fan of the prechorus, I think it hinders the song altogether and I would even say pulling it out would’ve been better. It’s almost feels like your overexplaining the werewolf concept.

Really strong meter and rhyming in the chorus, great job

The moon verses were so cute I thought and you really set their personalities apart so well so great job. The clear misunderstanding is great. I literally went “oh no” when I read the second verse. Awesome!

-Overall I thought this was such an improvement on your lest entry (which I wasn’t a huge fan of). You really went there with the imagery and sold it so well. The two voices are clear and distinct and when they come together, it’s amazing and almost haunting. Great job.

Hurricane326 - They Are Here

This was such a different entry I felt from all of your previous ones. There’s more of a fun satirical feeling to it that I loved. I got that the overall idea is that the horror story is actually  a metaphor for trick or treating and being prepared for all the monsters that come. If you don’t give a treat, you get a trick. This was so well put together.

“They are here, they are here, they are here.”

Such a great way to convey the creepy nature of this song while also tying in the satirical element. Awesome job.

The first verse is a clear stand out as some of your best work. Such brilliant imagery, even the mist that resembled hands made such an imprint on me as I read it.

8thPrince - 3-Piece Zombie

This was really, really great. I loved everyone bit of this. While, this idea isn’t hugely creative or original, “living life like a zombie” is almost a cliche. But you made it so much more than that tired concept with your visual story telling and metaphor and rhymes.

Starting with the first verse. I adored the lines:

“And when the train veers to the left,

The horse inside will all sway right”

Great way to represent the idea of doing something because society is telling you to.

The calling to remove the leash and live your life is so aggressive and rich in the chorus, really great vivid imagery.

Great commentary on how we respond to things that are different in our own world also. Awesome job.

This is by far your strongest entry I think. Every piece of it resonated with me. 

Rence - Ode to Silence

This was a really bleak and powerful piece of writing. I really, really felt for this person so great job at conveying what this person is going through with such empathy while also making sure it reads well.

This felt so professionally written. The chorus is so extremely strong and captivating.

I thought it was really unnerving when I read your description and you said “they realise it’s just there to listen and it can’t help”. It really added this spiralling haunting nature to the song that I wouldn’t have gotten without that.

Such an amazing concept to personify the experience of anxiety with the demons.

Funnellegs - Halloween ‘98

I can just image this song being played with an acoustic guitar, it has such a folk-nostalgic feel to it. I think the title is really brilliant also and gives it some personality and originality.

The imagery in the 1st  verse was so vivid and really immersed me into the autumn season.

The chorus is so strong. I really enjoyed the concept of what Halloween brings to people, being able to unleash their inner child and reminisce of memories from the past.

I also really like that you took it further in the bridge where we see there’s this bittersweet nature to this nostalgia as it’s a reminder of how easy and golden our youth is and how quick is disappears.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the pumpkin spice lines, it just sucked me out of it a bit because of the notorious reputation they have online (being basic) and even if you were going for that, it still felt like an awkward line. Especially with how timeless the rest of the song feels. 

Dessy - The Gingerbread Witch

Ok, this is definitely different to a lot of the other entries. A lot of people decided to use this round to use a Halloween story/monster/creature and use that as a metaphor for a real human emotion, but you decided to base your song on the source material.

And I think it works really well. It’s quick, it’s catchy and it’s fun.

Your use of the senses is great and definitely elevates this song. The first verse really utilises smell and touch. Your descriptions are great too about how hungry this witch is.

I really like how polished this song is. Verse 2 is crafted so excellently about how the witch gets the kids.

My only concern is that while this is great, it might be a bit too simple to beat out some of the other songs. But it’s also super different so that might work in your favour too. 

Luckystrike - Light From Above

I was so excited to read your song from your description. I really loved the idea of the light being personified through aliens and ultimately something to avoid and finding comfort and even safety in the darkness. Great concept for a song.

Just by reading the first verse, I already know this is by far my favourite piece of work you’ve submitted. That isolated (yet “this is how I want it to be”) tone is so great here.

Verse 2 is nice I think, with the running back to the shadows part. I just kinda wish you didn’t write it as super literal as it is. It just sounds like you’re saying “I did this, then I did this, and then went here”. For me, it needed some poetic devices (like a metaphor/simile/etc). Kinda like what you did with the chorus, which is good I think.

Verse 3 is great and my favourite part of the song (alongside verse 1). The fear of the unknown, as well as the personification of mental health issue through an ominous white light is great imagery.

Overall, I thought this was your best entry yet. Great job!

Sorry for the ugly editing, i tried to post this so many times :weeps: 

Edited by Courtney Love

Idk if you did them in reverse order because I said I like to read all the reviews with mine last but dfskjndfs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.