HDD: Final - Taylor 133k; Bey 27k; Brandy 26k; Alanis 23k

iHype.

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

+100k in SEA alone is bad? :chick1:

I was referring to the -85% drop in units / -97% drop in sales. But I was simply asking.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

Brandy potentially going top 10 is surprising.

That Taylor drop is not good but hopefully it stabilizes. 

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I believe they're stating that the first version fulfilled to the customer is the version counted. If they get a digital given to them immediately, it's counted as a sale immediately. 

The digital is sent to their email immediately, so that is why it counts immediately. A sales company cannot see whether the customer opened their email and clicked the link, which is why it automatically counts once sent to them. 

How would that logic make sense though, because then every single person who buys the physical copy gets a digital code in their emails immediately and, by your logic, that counts as a sale. That’s not the case. The team reports the actual download if the link is activated. 

I don’t know why you were saying they don’t have a way to know if you downloaded the album digitally when they do, that’s the whole point of the individual code they send you. 

• ATRL Moderator

Kinda surprised TUN might have a bigger second week than folklore.

But its good to see it has great streaming numbers :clap3: 

22 minutes ago, Thor said:

Beyonce not even Top 10 with a Disney release and massive promo? :deadbanana4:

Massive promo? The release of a film based a movie that  came out last year is massive promo now? You should worry about your fave being OUT of the top 30 already after just 2 months than you worrying Beyonce and a reissue of a year old album :rip:

Edited by JBJT2786

Billboard 200: #34. Chromatica (-7) (Peak #1 — 9 Weeks)

yikes:rip:

Taylor‘s numbers are great:rip:  

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Massive promo? The release of a film based a movie that  came out last year is massive promo now? You should worry about your fave maybe by luck hitting a 80k for her new ablum in a couple weeks than you worrying Beyonce and a reissue of a year old album :rip:

He stans Gaga 

OT: Brandy:clap3: 

22 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

That's 30k less than Rihanna's Anti opening numbers. It's good.

:rip:

Taylor can’t stop winning :clap3:

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

How would that logic make sense though, because then every single person who buys the physical copy gets a digital code in their emails immediately and, by your logic, that counts as a sale. 

Yes, that is how it works from what I have heard :deadbanana2:

You're saying that's crazy but can't provide concrete proof of them saying that's not how it works. 

9 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Oddly defensive. Love that my fave became the standard for first week sales overnight. :clap3: 

Since you initiated the comparison: ANTI moved 166K units in its second week on the Billboard 200 (+938% increase), despite being held off Spotify & Apple Music that week.

Wasn’t that because it debuted with >16k (460 pure) on its first week because it was released early :rip:

Don’t try to be slick with the +938% increase week two :sistrens:

1 minute ago, Queenyoncee said:

He stans Gaga 

OT: Brandy:clap3: 

Even worse. Im surprised the Monsters let it drop so far at this point , i would think its still would be in the top 20.

These girls trying ro drag Rih and Bey when they old ass albums are still charting and their fave new ones are dropping like rocks :rip:

The Hypocrisy :rip:

20 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Taylor's first week pure sales were obviously boosted a lot by those bundles, special efforts, multiple versions etc, so this is not surprising.

SPS are fine, this will probably serve longevity in the long run.

Given the nature of the songs. I don't think so 

9 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Its a reissue of a year old ablum. What are you expecting? 

Yeah, Beyoncé hasn’t had a hit of her own in what? Over 5 years. 

14 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

Where is Chromatica? :rip:

Chromatica...? 

Why isn't the gift in the top ten? What happened to the rotten tomato receipts... :deadbanana:

Edited by Mr. Stratus

Everything on this chart is awful for the women tbh. The guys are really winning with  streaming these last few years.

Edited by Dreajae

17 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

ANTI moved 166K units in its second week on the Billboard 200 (+938% increase), despite being held off Spotify & Apple Music that week.

Total 2nd week:

Anti - 182k

folklore - 980k 

The gap. Taylor is truly on a whole other level :sats:

OT - Look at that SEA :jonny5:

Edited by mcohen

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

How would that logic make sense though, because then every single person who buys the physical copy gets a digital code in their emails immediately and, by your logic, that counts as a sale. That’s not the case. The team reports the actual download if the link is activated. 

I don’t know why you were saying they don’t have a way to know if you downloaded the album digitally when they do, that’s the whole point of the individual code they send you. 

For each merch or physical album transaction an email was sent with a digital copy, fulfilling the album to the custumer. That's how it works. You don't have to redeem anything 

I'm happy for Brandy :party: Potentially going top 10 with her first studio album in EIGHT years is certainly something she should be proud of :heart2:

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

That drop :rip:

Yep, THAT drop.
320872101283201.gif?to=min&r=640

C'mon Brandy:duca:

It would become her 5th top 10 album and 7th top 20 

Albums peaks on Billboard:

Brandy (1994) #20

Never Say Never (1998) #2

Full Moon (2002) #2

Afrodisiac (2003) #3

Human (2008) #15 

Two Eleven (2012) #3

Edited by lillavend3r
Misspell

2 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Even worse. Im surprised the Monsters let it drop so far at this point , i would think its still would be in the top 20.

These girls trying ro drag Rih and Bey when they old ass albums are still charting and their fave new ones are dropping like rocks :rip:

The Hypocrisy :rip:

They are obsessed with successful black women who are above their fave :cm: 

7 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I believe they're stating that the first version fulfilled to the customer is the version counted. If they get a digital given to them immediately, it's counted as a sale immediately. 

The digital is sent to their email immediately, so that is why it counts immediately. A sales company cannot see whether the customer opened their email and clicked the link, which is why it automatically counts once sent to them. 

But if that were true, then Billboard wouldn't have felt the need to differentiate between the two different album configurations and the two separate ways a delivered album can be counted as a sale.

I mean if all physical/digital bundles get automatically counted as a digital sale, why then still mention that the album configuration sold depend on "the first version of the album that is fulfilled to the customers"? That wording hints that there is a choice, 2 outcomes in which the album is "sold", which wouldn't be possible if it got counted as a digital sale right away.

5 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

I had to double check ? thats a huge drop. Beyond shook rn. What that shows is the gp is leaving and she’s one of those artists that make music for her fanbase primarily now

Because dropping from being the most consumed album in the country in its first week, to being the most consumed album in the country in its 2nd week is a sign that people aren't listening to the album....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.