• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

It's not automatic. We received a code on email to redeem the digital copies. 

A digital copy is included though which counts the sale immediately. Billboard/Soundscan have no way of knowing if you clicked the link in the e-mail and actually downloaded the digital copy to my knowledge. 

8 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Ain’t that kinda bad ? :chick1:

I don't think so, Lover fell to #2 on its second week with 178k, this is almost 50k less but without promo.

Edited by Tistotal

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

That's 30k less than Rihanna's Anti opening numbers. It's good.

Bahaha :dies:

Happy for Brandy! Hopefully she can wiggle into Top 5 

Harry Styles (Columbia) 30-35k, 6-8k
Post Malone (Republic) 30-35k, 2-3k

Stable kings only :clap3:

The huge pure sales drop is expected but I thought 40-50k was possible. Still it makes sense. The SEA is great :clap3:Multiweek #1 album, Lover cant relate!

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Beyonce not even Top 10 with a Disney release and massive promo? :deadbanana4:

:rip:

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

:skull:

Taylor's first week pure sales were obviously boosted a lot by those bundles, special efforts, multiple versions etc, so this is not surprising.

SPS are fine, this will probably serve longevity in the long run.

Taylor :duca: A third week at #1 on the way

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

A digital copy is included though which counts the sale immediately. Billboard/Soundscan have no way of knowing if you clicked the link in the e-mail and actually downloaded the digital copy to my knowledge. 

All of the physical/digital bundles deliver the digital version of the album upon purchase to the customer, while the physical version will ship to the customer later. Sales of such bundles – where two formats of the same album are bundled together – are counted as one sale, with the album configuration sold determined by the first version of the album that is fulfilled to the customer.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/9425264/taylor-swift-folklore-half-million-units-first-three-days

It reads to me like it depends on the customer how the album sale is accounted for. If the digital code is redeemed, it counts as a digital copy. If not, then it counts as a physical copy whenever it reaches the customer (aka basically when it’s shipped)

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oddly defensive. Love that my fave became the standard for first week sales overnight. :clap3: 

Since you initiated the comparison: ANTI moved 166K units in its second week on the Billboard 200 (+938% increase), despite being held off Spotify & Apple Music that week.

19 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

There are no physicals available on stores. 

I ordered a Folklore vinyl from her online store. It ships in 16 weeks lol 

Amazing for Taylor, Lover only spent one week at #1 cause of Post Malone so anything more than that is great to see.

Brandy's numbers are surprising, who would've expected top 10 for her all things considered? Disappointing position for Alanis though

16 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Ain’t that kinda bad ? :chick1:

+100k in SEA alone is bad? :chick1:

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/9425264/taylor-swift-folklore-half-million-units-first-three-days

It reads to me like it depends on the customer how the album sale is accounted for. If the digital code is redeemed, it counts as a digital copy. If not, then it counts as a physical copy whenever it reaches the customer (aka basically when it’s shipped)

I believe they're stating that the first version fulfilled to the customer is the version counted. If they get a digital given to them immediately, it's counted as a sale immediately. 

The digital is sent to their email immediately, so that is why it counts immediately. A sales company cannot see whether the customer opened their email and clicked the link, which is why it automatically counts once sent to them. 

I had to double check ? thats a huge drop. Beyond shook rn. What that shows is the gp is leaving and she’s one of those artists that make music for her fanbase primarily now

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Beyonce I-

Its a reissue of a year old ablum. What are you expecting? 

14. Beyoncé (Parkwood/Columbia) 21-24k, 7-9k

wait this is with the Disney+ movie impact? :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.