HDD: Final - Taylor 133k; Bey 27k; Brandy 26k; Alanis 23k

iHype.

Great streaming numbers :clap3:Once she ships to stores, she will hopefully get a nice boost. I'm sure she will have some kind of Target deal up her sleeve.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

48 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

none of those sales counted on bilboard. she gave those free sales as gift to fans. stop deflecting because u know giving 50 versions of the same damn album is desperate AF

folklore is literally available to stream for free on YT and soundcloud. That's the opposite of desperate

Literally you sound pressed and delusional af

Edited by mcohen

1 hour ago, liam13 said:

i said she wasn't an album seller because her album sales are ..., like she sold a lot of singles but her albums couldn't pull the same number. and I don't need you to care anyway

you don't need me to care then why were you telling me? :ahh:

42 minutes ago, mcohen said:

folklore is literally available to stream for free on YT and soundcloud. That's the opposite of desperate

Literally you sound pressed and delusional af

reputation wasn't though :ahh:

right i'm delusional for speaking facts?. LMFAOOOO HAHAHAH

Edited by MONSTER NAVY

7 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

you don't need me to care then why were you telling me? :ahh:

i mean you could choose to ignore that part but you felt the need write a comment about it instead :eli:

just like you ignored rih couldn't crack 300k first week with 100 bundles and album versions :juanny:

Edited by liam13

9 minutes ago, liam13 said:

i mean you could choose to ignore that part but you felt the need write a comment about it instead :eli:

just like you ignored rih couldn't crack 300k first week with 100 bundles and album versions :juanny:

how would you know she wouldn't be able to? oh right even i wouldn't be able to know because she ain't desperate to do that LOL. 

14 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

reputation wasn't though :ahh:

right i'm delusional for speaking facts?. LMFAOOOO HAHAHAH

We love a 1.2m debut :ahh:

Anyways, this thread is about folklore. Time to live in the present!!

2 minutes ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

how would you know she wouldn't be able to? oh right even i wouldn't be able to know because she ain't desperate to do that LOL. 

let's compare reputation and anti, some of her fans told me that it wasn't available on streaming services in like 2 weeks, same as reputation. Yet anti sold 166k full tracking week, reputation sold 1.3 million, with 3 versions so idk why you say rih could do that, the demand just wasn't there. The demand is here for R9 but we'll see how it performs.

16 minutes ago, mcohen said:

We love a 1.2m debut :ahh:

Anyways, this thread is about folklore. Time to live in the present!!

this thread is also about amazing artists like brandy and beyonce. not just taylor swift LOL

OT: brandy and beyonce doing amazing numbers. the black queens deserve :heart2: 

Watch it goes to 150K, which is great as physical will only be out next week. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Which artist was half her age? Answer quickly.

You seem extremely bothered by the fact that Gaga snatched another #1 album & a #1 song. Why is that? I wanna know. 

And are you sure you wanna talk about savings when Beyonce’s last two musical efforts bombed miserably? :deadbanana4:

Why would anyone care about Fad’s #1 when Beyoncé had a #1 this year that long outlasted Rain On Me with no video :rip: Why would you even come for Bey when she’s not got any new music out and is heading to top 20 again :lmao: 

Fantastic 2nd week, as physicals are not yet available  :clap3:

14 minutes ago, Margaux said:

what a frontloaded mess:toofunny2:

ATRL has a strange definition for frontloaded anyway, as I don't see why an album that sells 850k in a week is less successful than one that sells 10k for 85 weeks. The first had simply more demand on its debut, but y'all are not ready for that conversation yet :sadviolin: 

Edited by itsjem

4 minutes ago, itsjem said:

ATRL has a strange definition for frontloaded anyway, as I don't see why an album that sells 850k in a week is less successful than one that sells 10k for 85 weeks. The first had simply more demand on its debut, but y'all are not ready for that conversation yet :sadviolin: 

What’s strange is that ATRL keeps using the term frontloaded for Taylor’s pure sales as if in 2020 a huge drop on sales after the first week is not the standard  :ace:

The SEA drop is literally on par with all major streaming albums lmao

Edited by mcohen

3 minutes ago, mcohen said:

What’s strange is that ATRL keeps using the term frontloaded for Taylor’s pure sales as if in 2020 a huge drop on sales after the first week is not the standard  :ace:

The SEA drop is literally on par with all major streaming albums lmao

Exactly! Also, Taylor has always served big debuts AND longevity, but hey, they have to get a grip on something :1stplace:

I thought Tay would hold at least 200k-250kish numbers :cries:

Alanis and Brandy snapped tho :eek:

Bey doing ok.

4 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

rihanna wasn't desperate and didn't sell 50 versions of the same damn album in the first week. sit down lmfao

She was desperate enough to doubt her power and thought people were not interested in her music after the fiasco os the droplets era and gave away one million copies for free to boost her certifications. 

wow this rih stans are really trying. Their fave only have 1 no. 1 album if im not mistaken :isudumblmao:

Your fave is not an album artist, stop trying. Buy her make up instead, while you wait for her album for another 5 years. 

1 hour ago, itsjem said:

Because massive first week sales and front-loaded indicate strong fanbase support and weak GP support (see Chromatica)

While selling 10k for 85 weeks indicate relevancy and strong/good GP support (see ANTI)

Depends on what you value better: fanbase or GP

People are acting as if Taylor stops selling after the first week

Reputation is 4x Platinum

Lover is 2x Platinum (and it's still selling)

In the end folklore will probably end as another 2x Platinum album for her. Not everyone has that these days  :cm: 

It's the best selling album of the year after 1 week, that's why it's numbers are low

59 minutes ago, Marco23 said:

Do you know the units in the USA of Reputation and Lover?

reputation is around 4 million, Lover is around 2.7-2.8m

I really like Folklore but it’s embarrassing how frontloaded these sales are going to be. I personally know several people who bought 2-8 copies. I don’t think this will have longevity or impact with the GP. Not sure why people would want to compare it to Anti, an album cycle that everybody engaged with. Rihanna is beloved by everybody. These numbers suggest that there’s a lot of love for Taylor, it’s just all coming from the same crazed stans.

5 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

rihanna wasn't desperate and didn't sell 50 versions of the same damn album in the first week. sit down lmfao

There is 1 version of the album, only cover is different. 

Pure sales aside, Folklore's SEA units are bigger than Anti's total first week sales so you sit down :rip:

26 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

I really like Folklore but it’s embarrassing how frontloaded these sales are going to be. I personally know several people who bought 2-8 copies. I don’t think this will have longevity or impact with the GP. Not sure why people would want to compare it to Anti, an album cycle that everybody engaged with. Rihanna is beloved by everybody. These numbers suggest that there’s a lot of love for Taylor, it’s just all coming from the same crazed stans.

Album did 110k SEA which is huge and shows GP support. I don't understand why y'all say that while dropped thing is pure sales, the thing bought by fans... This is doing than better than Lover with streams. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.