selena_lavigne

It's OK for Gaga to promote make-up but not music. Why?

selena_lavigne

So I really don't get the fact that everyone is saying "Gaga is not promoting because of Corona and BLM" when in reality she has been launching make-up and promoting it while letting her music die. 

Why do you think this is? Let's discuss.

G.U.Y. Gaga

Technically she’s legally obligated likely to promote the makeup but not the music necessarily 

Mr. Stratus

Because Gaga is all about doing things she hasn't done before. She now wants to take over the beauty industry.

Evidently to her - she's already made dance pop her b*tch - and she's treating this album like a cute present to the gays, after getting her first week peaks and decent streaming debuts :rip:

gatito

I feel like she was forced by Interscope to release Chromatica, she recorded SL, ROM and SC and the rest was Artpop outtakes reworked. She probably hates the album and that’s why she won’t promote it:michael:

Anthem

It's not right, but it's okay. We're tired.

SinnerCity

Promo works differently for each business venture, it is easier to promote make up on social media and YouTube which is what she's doing and I don't blame her for that, if that's where her passion currently lies I'm fine with that.

I can also see how competitive music has become mostly for stans I can also see why she is not as invested as she was before knowing how judgmental and toxic the internet has become towards pop stars.

Having said that, I'd expect for her to also, put a lot of more effort on her make up line, because quality wise, they're really not it, not who you compare it for example to Fenty beauty which is an amazing brand and their products are usually top notch but that's a topic for another discussion.

Also, I've been very vocal on Gaga's base here that I don't believe for a second they had this massive chromatica promotion scheduled lined up and suddenly it was easier for them to just cancel everything because of covid instead or working around it? Nah, they saw an opportunity to abandon the project and that's what they did and honestly, that's why I have problem currently with Gaga. Why put so much effort in milking her fans off with LQ merch to just drop it after release week, quite ungrateful. 

Track10

Her music is not great these days and there isn’t much demand for it, so it makes sense for her.

cassandrae

She’s trying to snatch a certain Avon lady crown

Aram

She is enjoying her life, we should take notes from her and enjoy ours, and stop complaining about pop girls promoting or not.

Kuntmonster

It’s ok for her to promote either, she clearly just doesn’t want to promote the music for whatever reason. She will probably contractually have to promote the makeup

Miss Anthropocene
Posted (edited)

I don’t even believe that there were promo plans post album release anymore

anyways ive moved on, youll find me in the other girls bases:sistrens:

Edited by Miss Anthropocene

Petty Bourgeoisie

Makeup makes more money for her these days. Also she hates this album and she hates her fans.

lcylcy

hope she loses some money because of Haus Lab:heart2:

Rith

lbr, how can you promote that album anyway? :sistrens:

LikeaRebel
22 minutes ago, gatito said:

She probably hates the album and that’s why she won’t promote it:michael:

17 minutes ago, Track10 said:

Her music is not great these days and there isn’t much demand for it, so it makes sense for her.

6 minutes ago, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

Makeup makes more money for her these days. Also she hates this album and she hates her fans.

:ahh:

Bribe

She hates us now :chick3:

Commercially, there isn't much point in promoting the album 2 months after its release. It would be nice if she still continued the era for the fans at least. She definitely had more planned other than an unreadable lyric video for Sour Candy and ROM remixes.  :chick3:

G.U.Y
36 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Technically she’s legally obligated likely to promote the makeup but not the music necessarily 

For Tudor ? yes.

For HausLab ? No.

There is no "paid promotion" or "#ad" .. etc  in her insta posts

raven

it's clear she doesn't care about this album anymore :noparty:

Gabriel Florin

Who said it's ok? It was plausibile at first that she stopped promo due to unfortunate events, but now it does not make any f**king sense. And we don't give a f**k anymore, I honestly moved on from this shitshow. I couldn't care less. If she doesn't care, why should I? :sistrens:

M André

I don’t understand this site. When someone does promo is considered bad, but when they do not promote is also bad. :deadbanana4:

selena_lavigne
Just now, M André said:

I don’t understand this site. When someone does promo is considered bad, but when they do not promote is also bad. :deadbanana4:

I've personally never attacked anyone for doing promo. even when my fav sang her #1 smash hit very badly in front of millions on stage I stood by it cuz I was happy for the promo.

I'm also loving Katy's promo this era.

My question is more on the ethical reasoning that some fans gave as to why Gaga wasn't promoting her music but how it's acceptable for her to launch make-up products. and if that reasoning was justifiable in the first place or if the era really wasn't meant to go anywhere.

mcohen

Yes because her music is being promoted already by Spotify

éclat

Same reason Rihanna does it

tumblr_ntaqypVW7T1uuyy36o1_400.gif  

Miss Anthropocene
1 minute ago, éclat said:

Same reason Rihanna does it

tumblr_ntaqypVW7T1uuyy36o1_400.gif  

:bibliahh:

jewels and drugs indeed 

M André
6 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

I've personally never attacked anyone for doing promo. even when my fav sang her #1 smash hit very badly in front of millions on stage I stood by it cuz I was happy for the promo.

I'm also loving Katy's promo this era.

My question is more on the ethical reasoning that some fans gave as to why Gaga wasn't promoting her music but how it's acceptable for her to launch make-up products. and if that reasoning was justifiable in the first place or if the era really wasn't meant to go anywhere.

I mean, I’m sure she couldn’t promote the first week of Chrome because of the protests and the on going pandemic, but yeah at this point is clear she doesn’t want to or has dropped any plans she had.

Also, I was making a general comment, it wasn’t directed to you. :celestial6: