Watermelon Sugar tops US iTunes

More Than A Melody

4 minutes ago, dylanx said:

The discount did that. :clap3:

New King of Pop tbh.

First time he discounts in America in 5 years of career, king

Just now, Em1794 said:

First time he discounts in America in 5 years of career, king

We need to discuss how Harry is the only artist with longevity this decade and the end of last decade. Harry album cycle is starting to resemble a Teenage Dream in terms of longevity.

Well that's what happens when you release QUALITY :cm:

now release Golden king:jonny5:

This is the tracking week when Watermelon could reach a new peak on the Hot 100 (after Taylor's songs fall next week)

11 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

We need to discuss how Harry is the only artist with longevity this decade and the end of last decade. Harry album cycle is starting to resemble a Teenage Dream in terms of longevity.

Let’s... and if he releases Golden as the last single like we’re asking....

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Huh? He’s only on the second radio single of the album and neither have yet to peak in the top 5 :deadbanana:

He should definitely milk this era a little longer (Lights Up deserved a radio push; a missed opportunity) but this is nowhere near TD-level dominance

I knew when the album came out that WS would be a perfect summer single, but I didn't expect it to take off like this.

I do think the album has one more single in it. Golden is a good option. Sunflower, vol.6 could work too (it wouldn't do as well on pop radio as Golden probably, but it would show a different side of him and it's a catchy song, and the most streamed on the back half of the album.) 

As for Hot 100 next week, I think Top 3 is well within reach and would be a new solo peak for him.

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Huh? He’s only on the second radio single of the album and neither have yet to peak in the top 5 :deadbanana:

He should definitely milk this era a little longer (Lights Up deserved a radio push; a missed opportunity) but this is nowhere near TD-level dominance

The song is eight months old. Adore You was like, a handful of points away from getting top 5, and it’s still top 20 six months after peaking. It’s been charting in top 20 almost its entire run of 34 weeks. Watermelon Sugar is gunning for a top 3

I think the comparison is never gonna work copy paste because I can’t think of any pop acts to have this kind of longevity recently, especially with post album singles

Fine Line is still top 10 in America and UK (and fifteen other countries) and it came out 8 months ago

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Lights Up deserved a radio push;

Love this song wish they would 

30 minutes ago, Em1794 said:

Hold on there are people who stan for Golden like I do? That’s so exciting! 

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wish I got into it more when everyone was getting into it! That’s on my playlist now :jamming:

9 minutes ago, LiveYourLife said:

Hold on there are people who stan for Golden like I do? That’s so exciting! 

It’s a thing. Everyone wants it to be the follow up to WS. It’s either Golden or Sunflower but I think Golden has more potential

its the most streamed non single on Spotify and YouTube 

45 minutes ago, Em1794 said:

"Last" no. Columbia can squeeze out at least 2-3 more singles. This era is far from over, especially with the tour getting delayed!

-

I hope this goes #1 eventually. I could see it doing so soon with the discount, rise on radio, and vinyl/cassette tapes recently released.

1 minute ago, Kings. said:

"Last" no. Columbia can squeeze out at least 2-3 more singles. This era is far from over, especially with the tour getting delayed!

-

I hope this goes #1 eventually. I could see it doing so soon with the discount, rise on radio, and vinyl/cassette tapes recently released.

#1 is a long shot but it’s the goal. If we fail at least he got top 3 (hopefully)

I can’t see any other single aside from Golden and Sunflower. I wish we could have a do over with Lights Up and Falling in America

2 minutes ago, Em1794 said:

#1 is a long shot but it’s the goal. If we fail at least he got top 3 (hopefully)

I can’t see any other single aside from Golden and Sunflower. I wish we could have a do over with Lights Up and Falling in America

Golden and Sunflower are clear picks as singles, but I can see radio edits of She and Treat People With Kindness doing well on adult contemporary radio and charting decently with visuals.

There were reports he shot something Treat People With Kindness related with choreo in London months ago. I doubt it's a single pick, but there does seem to be something related to the song coming up down the line.

This era’s had pretty good longevity. Haven’t listened to the album yet but I’m intrigued :huh:

Adore You remains superior and I’ll be upset if this song outpeaks it on the H100 but congrats king :clap3:

20 minutes ago, bad guy said:

This era’s had pretty good longevity. Haven’t listened to the album yet but I’m intrigued :huh:

Start here 

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

My point is he's still pushing this album cycle into q4 2020. We barley have albums last this long anymore. He's also had hits with Lights, Adore, and now Watermelon.

4 hours ago, Em1794 said:

Golden will happen!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.