BTS - "Dynamite"

07tandu

On 10/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, Khamis said:

Im going to be honest. I have been worried about the call outs for weeks for two reasons. One bc this song is PURE POP and kind of loud (compared to many songs on the radio in recent years) which is todays music climate is not the “norm”. So its gonna catch peoples attention when its on the radio. Catching attention is good or bad. So I knew this would end up high or low on callouts and hardly middle ground.

My biggest concern was their english. I hate saying this bc I love this song so much but on first or second listen, I didnt know what they were saying. I had to check out the lyrics which the average car listener... isnt gonna do and people want something they can sing along too. So I truly think this has affected the scores.

What I will say is with each performance, I think their enunciation is greatly increasing but I think they could have hit the studio a little harder with making sure they nail enunciation.

And I dont think that it is necessarily mean for me saying that bc lets take Blueberry Eyes by Max. Hes been performing that song live with Suga and hes been doing Sugas rap (I think with a backtrack) but you can tell he got in the studio and really tried and successfully nailed the enunciation of the words and its pays off.

idk i hope this didnt come off wrong but just my thoughts

While I agree with some of your points I will never get the fuss over their pronunciation (not talking about you btw), pretty sure many don't understand most of mainstream hiphop songs without looking up the lyrics but I don't see anyone complaining about it, I guess people hold BTS to a higher standard than everyone else cuz they're foreigners

3 hours ago, crush2NE1 said:

THIS UPDATE :jonny5::jonny5:

24 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Guess its never really over

giphy.gif

OMG:jonny5:I really thought it would be the end of dynamite after those callout scores

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sez

• Ria

• lily42

• BigBangStan

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, sez said:

just came here to post this, you beat me to it :rip:That audience increase:jonny5:

ade7bd3c-ecbd-4f7d-87i4j07.gif

At this point... we just need the spins to increase more but this update makes me think that its the big stations that are playing, which is a good sign. They lead the charge.

We need to keep radio and streams afloat until BE! 

ade7bd3c-ecbd-4f7d-87i4j07.gif

6 minutes ago, Khamis said:

At this point... we just need the spins to increase more but this update makes me think that its the big stations that are playing, which is a good sign. They lead the charge.

you're right it's #9 on z100 NY and just reached top10 on KIIS FM LA this week

3 hours ago, sez said:

20 wins with no promotion and no physical points:jonny5: Dynamite is THAT big!!!

WHEW. That is.... alot on my heart :clap3:

the IMPACT :jonny:

13 hours ago, sez said:

20 wins with no promotion and no physical points:jonny5: Dynamite is THAT big!!!

Are we going to break the record for most wins?:eek:

2020 mega smash in South Korea did that :jonny5:

I still can't get my head around the fact that their biggest ever song in Korea and Japan is in English. After all of that hesitance about singing in full English, Korea embraced it more than any other song. 

6 hours ago, lily42 said:

soon: 8th week at #1 on MelOn & Gaon and 2nd month at #1 on Gaon most likely :wap:

Insane!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any records left to break on K-charts. Who would ve thought that English song will smash all those records. I really hope Dynamite manages to stay at the top on MelOn for another week, I want it to be the first song in history to top the chart for 9 weeks

bluevelvetcrowbar
28 minutes ago, Golo***** said:

I still can't get my head around the fact that their biggest ever song in Korea and Japan is in English. After all of that hesitance about singing in full English, Korea embraced it more than any other song. 

As much as netizens whine about western pandering, they sure do love to reward it :deadbanana4: but tbh, Dynamite is generic enough that even if you hate them, you can't help but bop to the song

Last year I thought BWL will be their peak and their biggest hit in SK with the help from Halsey... but now Dynamite their SOLO hit in english explode, stomping left and right.  :jonny5:

Well, we have 3 weeks left for Dynamite to shine before the tittle track from BE release :duca:

3 hours ago, Golo***** said:

I would have never thought this would be THIS MASSIVE in Korea. It makes no sense really. 

I thought BWL would be their peak success (its gotta happen at some point) but here we are.... These boys keep discovering new heights :clap3: