Disconnect

Why is "Black Is King" so unappreciated by ATRL?

Do You Like "Black is King"?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even care about it? / Will you watch it?

2. 2. If you've seen it, did you like it?

3. 3. RATE it from 1 to 10:

Disconnect
7 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

The title change after the backlash damn :rip: 

It is underrated in here though...

Blackthorn

Just watched it!

It was eye candy from beginning to end and the visuals accompanied the songs seamlessly, I really enjoyed it!

I have a short attention span but I was into it non-stop :skull: that's rare. Seriously, when it was over I was even like "already?!".

Anyway, I recommend it. Very pleasing to the eyes and ears! 👌

Disconnect
8 minutes ago, katyhudson said:

The Gift is actually a good album but this movie is nothing but beautiful gowns:rip:

I'm 99% you haven't even watched it... :rip:

Karla Cabello
1 hour ago, VOSS said:

i'm not black so i'm probably not gonna watch something called black is king

:gaygacat6:

Karla Cabello

beyonce is a polarizing figure :gaygacat6:

TripDaStati0n

i think people who have not seen it should not be talking about it

Disconnect
1 minute ago, TripDaStati0n said:

i think people who have not seen it should not be talking about it

if only people had a pinch of common sense...

Popboi.

Not a fan of The Gift, but the visuals are undeniably spectacular 

Starshine
18 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

I'm 99% you haven't even watched it... :rip:

He probably went on Twitter, saw screencaps of it on his TL and made a judgement right there. The symbolism and amount of research that went into this film already far surpasses Lemonade.:deadbanana:

M A R C
6 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Not a fan of The Gift, but the visuals are undeniably spectacular 

Kingdom

I need deluded white gays to stay away from talking about BIK...Pls and thank you. Esp the little *******, just shut up and let black people enjoy things made for them.

Insanity

I don't have Disney+ and I'm not gonna pay for it to watch 1 movie lol. I really have no desire for Disney+ anyway, if she releases it on other platforms maybe I'll watch it. I really don't care. Why do people care so much about what we watch?

period sis

I truly was never a fan of the album, even last year, and still can’t connect with the music. But the visual are the best of her career. A lot of ATRLers are trying to drag the sales and streams after the movie came out (even thought it’s not awful numbers) but I know there are a lot of people on the same boat. 

OT: i just want solo Bey, and want a traditional Bey era back, with bops and vocals. 

Insanity
1 hour ago, TripDaStati0n said:

i cant believe in this day an age there are so many people who dont know how to use a torrrent or firestick :dies:

wow maybe people don't want to download things illegally or get a firestick. What a rude comment.

Insanity
1 hour ago, TripDaStati0n said:

i cant believe in this day an age there are so many people who dont know how to use a torrrent or firestick :dies:

:gaycat5:U would still have to BUY a firestick and subscribe to Disney+ thru it. 

Elite Four Brad

The album is mediocre and I don't have Disney Plus so I won't be watching, she hasn't done anything good since self-titled anyways. Lemonade was a try hard mess imo with two good songs. 

TripDaStati0n
9 minutes ago, Insanity said:

:gaycat5:U would still have to BUY a firestick and subscribe to Disney+ thru it. 

no baby there are other apps that have all the content from all streaming services for free  and uploaded 20 minutes after they air . pm me if youd like to know more so I can point you in the right direction

feelslikeadream

I think people were immediately turned off from it because of its association with a huge flop of an album :michael:

But they shouldn't have pre-judged and if they actually watched it, they'd see it's bad for several reasons other than the music.

ExHuman

Good visuals for the eyes, but her music is still mediocre as usual. 

She focus too much on the visuals and seems to ignore how to produce quality/catchy songs.

Disconnect
21 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I don't have Disney+ and I'm not gonna pay for it to watch 1 movie lol. I really have no desire for Disney+ anyway, if she releases it on other platforms maybe I'll watch it. I really don't care. Why do people care so much about what we watch?

Have you ever heard about torrents? 

TripDaStati0n
16 minutes ago, Insanity said:

wow maybe people don't want to download things illegally or get a firestick. What a rude comment.

yes old people :dies:

Loghen

'Polarizing' is too strong a word for what seems like a tepid reaction

Drive Bitch
Just now, Loghen said:

'Polarizing' is too strong a word for what seems like a tepid reaction

This, even on ATRL it seems more like indifference 

Disconnect

Y'all come here dragging the album despite the fact it got a 77 score in MC and 70 on AOTY which are FAR from bad. 

This only proves once more how ATRL is full of tasteless people who only care about "cathchy" songs lmao like, are you really that basic? :rip::ahh:

trainsskyscrapers
55 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

I need deluded white gays to stay away from talking about BIK...Pls and thank you. Esp the little *******, just shut up and let black people enjoy things made for them.

Right?

Aren't y'all still waiting for Artpop Part 2 or for Gaga to acknowledge she has a current album out? :rip: Y'all have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

You can't compete where you don't compare.