Link16

Is Taylor power similar to MJ/Madonna level?

Thinking Of You

Them thinking this girl has the same universal appeal as MJ and Madonna. Black folks don’t care about this little girl @Armani👑 I’m screaming :dies:

dabunique
2 minutes ago, Benghazi82 said:

In terms of sales (relative to the market), talent, and acclaim, Taylor >>> Madonna. 

King and Queen of pop were artificial titles created during the MTV era. Madonna and MJ were the most prominent artists who used that platform. 

Now it's about streaming, youtube, digital sales, etc., and Taylor seems to be leading the pack. If Mj and Madonna were known for their music videos? Taylor is the epitome of the singer-songwriter of her generation. While her peers like Gaga and Beyonce are trying to be the Madonna/MJ of their generation, T Swift is trying to be her own.

Slow ur roll

King and Queen are singer songwriters also. Don’t get it twisted. Taylor May be in her own lane but she’ll never be at Madonna’s level 

Artistofthedecade
26 minutes ago, whitneyhoustonlegend said:

Yes shes bigger than Beyonces, Rihannas, Arianas, Gagas, Katys etc.... but visually, revolutionary, innovative, she is not near them. Lets be real... 

:ahh:

17 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Demographics play a big part too. Michael, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc. were universally loved by everyone. You’re not going to see the black community, or any minority community of that matter, care about her or her music. You’re not. 

Do you have any search or article about that user Thinking of You? Because her site viewers's stats say otherwise. 

Her site viewers by race :

49% are Caucasian,

22% are Asian,

17% are Hispanic,

8% are African,

4% other

Kisuke

Girl she dont even tour here and if she did it would be arenas not stadiums like the other girls she simply is not that big here and screaming at comparing her to mj/madonna who made impact and changed the game musically and visually outside of just selling alot. 

FAN
1 hour ago, slw84 said:

THis is a fraudulent statement. 

Mariah Carey, Britney, Eminem, Beyonce, Adele, Bieber and gaga but Taylor is consistent seller and has a strong brand.

her pop culture reach isn't bigger but she makes great pop music for a big base and is consistently serving adequate/good bops.

Taylor is definitely bigger than Britney, Beyoncé, Bieber and Gaga. Like what :deadbanana:Mariah & Em are you for debate sure but I still think Taylor takes them as well. 

Thinking Of You
Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Do you have any search or article about that user Thinking of You?

An article or search about my own community? :dies:

If you don’t go sit down somewhere. 

Marianah Adkins

No one will reach the level of power MJ and Madge had. 

They werent just sales, they represented cultural shifts in the US and the whole world.

They are basically cultural artifacts of America, something as ubiquitous as McDonalds, Coca Cola.

Benghazi82
Just now, dabunique said:

Slow ur roll

King and Queen are singer songwriters also. Don’t get it twisted. Taylor May be in her own lane but she’ll never be at Madonna’s level 

Oh yes. I dont see Taylor selling sex any time soon. I dont see her making controversies and scandals to generate buzz. Taylor sells stories, and this is how she will be known for. 

No disrespect to Madonna because she is a legend and she has influenced a lot of female artists today. Taylor's peers are putting on wigs and costumes and making out of this world videos - a direct testimony to Madonna's influence. However, Taylor has also influenced the industry. Pretty soon you will see the next generation of artists picking up music instruments and weaving their own narratives through music.

Marianah Adkins
2 minutes ago, Benghazi82 said:

Oh yes. I dont see Taylor selling sex any time soon. I dont see her making controversies and scandals to generate buzz. Taylor sells stories, and this is how she will be known for. 

No disrespect to Madonna because she is a legend and she has influenced a lot of female artists today. Taylor's peers are putting on wigs and costumes and making out of this world videos - a direct testimony to Madonna's influence. However, Taylor has also influenced the industry. Pretty soon you will see the next generation of artists picking up music instruments and weaving their own narratives through music.

Not to discredit her, but ppl have been doing this since the 1960s? Tay is the continuation of the noble singer songwriter archetype.

Madonna literally introduced a new blueprint and made it a requirement for every popgirl since then. 

Yuanyu
1 hour ago, Drive Bitch said:

Is the US she has a bigger career than Madonna. 

No Eminem career is bigger

Benghazi82

Madonna puts on a new wig and make up, and suddenly people think she's on to making a different kind of music. She has made pop music and all its variations all her life and will continue to do so for the rest of her life.

Taylor has done country and pop, winning video awards and the highest music awards for both genres.  

Madonna will continue to be an icon, but Taylor is a totally different artist.

07tandu

She's definitely bigger than Madonna in the US and globally. MJ? I don't really think so, but no one really is.

Artistofthedecade
7 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

Girl she dont even tour here and if she did it would be arenas not stadiums like the other girls she simply is not that big here and screaming at comparing her to mj/madonna who made impact and changed the game musically and visually outside of just selling alot. 

And believe me, world doesn't turn around your small European country. She can tour stadiums in Asia, Oceania, North America like most of other acts can't do as well. Every artist have their stronger places. 

Madonna wasn't able to sell stadiums at some places at some point but here we are. 

6 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

An article or search about my own community? :dies:

If you don’t go sit down somewhere. 

Yes, ı want articles. According to her site viewers, about %10 of her viewers are black people. Numbers don't lie but user Thinking Of You do. 

BnPac

I think it’s only on a selling point comparable. Taylor is definitely the biggest female artist in the US of all time, there she has Madge beat but that doesn’t necessarily make her bigger.
MJ can not be in the conversation because no one is bigger than him or close. And sales was not even close to what made him special. It was just a bonus. 

Insanity

No one can touch MJ/Madonnas legacy but Taylor will be the closest to that point I think

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Yes, ı want articles. According to her site viewers, about %10 of her viewers are black people. Numbers don't lie but user Thinking Of You do. 

Girl, bye. How you’re going to tell me what and who our culture listens to or not? Stay in your place.

If you don’t crossover to all demographics, that’s including black people, you’re not going to be anywhere near Michael or Madonna’s status. Period.

Artistofthedecade
4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Girl, bye. How you’re going to tell me what and who our culture listens to or not? Stay in your place.

Who are you to claim more than 1 BILLION people share same music interest, lifestyles and cultures with you? You stay in your place. 

6 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

If you don’t crossover to all demographics, that’s including black people

Well she did. Like ı said, numbers show it as well. If you claim otherwise and say only Caucasians like her, put a proof or seethe! 

28 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Her site viewers by race :

49% are Caucasian,

22% are Asian,

17% are Hispanic,

8% are African,

4% other

GlamSlam
53 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

WHAT? :bibliahh:

Michael and Madonna were more than just sales. They were incredible performers, icons, musicians, who were innovators and visionaries. They molded their craft perfectly. 

Demographics play a big part too. Michael, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc. were universally loved by everyone. You’re not going to see the black community, or any minority community of that matter, care about her or her music. You’re not. We might hear ha on the radio but we sure not lifting her on a pedestal or praising her as if she’s done anything extraordinary. 

Taylor is on the same playing field as Ed Sheeran and that’s where she’ll stay.

:clap3:

fridayteenage

Greatest of All Time Billboard 200 Albums by Women

2 Fearless

5 1989

9 Taylor Swift

48 True Blue

guess so.

Sanctuary

Bey and Taylor are the only two artists even close to what Madonna has. Future legends :alexz:

Thinking Of You
11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Who are you to claim more than 1 BILLION people share same music interest, lifestyles and cultures with you?

Oh babygirl, I am qualified to speak on the black community, our culture, our interests, and our lifestyles. You’re not. Yet, you’re still talking out the side of your neck. How typical.

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Well she did.

Go to bed. 

OT: No, and she’ll never be.

Edited by Thinking Of You

Beyonnaise

Yes she is the biggest female artist of all time in America.

XtinaPetras

No. MJ and Madonna were bold and visionary. 

Taylor is someone who has followed trends and appeals to the lowest common denominator. 

Artistofthedecade
5 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Oh babygirl, I am qualified to speak on the black community, our culture, our interests, and our lifestyles. You’re not. Yet, you’re still talking out the side of your neck. How typical.

Just say you don't have any proof and you claim things PROVEN WRONG BY NUMBERS. You are just punching the air at this point.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Go to bed. 

Use your brain. :rip:

mokitsu
1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

WHAT? :bibliahh:

Michael and Madonna were more than just sales. They were incredible performers, icons, musicians, who were innovators and visionaries. They molded their craft perfectly. 

Demographics play a big part too. Michael, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc. were universally loved by everyone. You’re not going to see the black community, or any minority community of that matter, care about her or her music. You’re not. We might hear ha on the radio but we sure not lifting her on a pedestal or praising her as if she’s done anything extraordinary. 

Taylor is on the same playing field as Ed Sheeran and that’s where she’ll stay.

Love her but this. She doesn't compare, it's more than just sales/longevity.