Australia: folklore #1, cardigan #1, Most Top 20 in a week

Kyungsoowift

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

How can album have 5 top 10s in a week, and 9 top 20s yet not be Gold :skull:

WWAFAWDWG also spending 67 weeks top 10 and only being 2x Platinum. Countries that weigh down streams are so ****ing dumb.

They screwed up. Albums of today stand no chance of comparing to the pure sales monsters of the past when their success is halted like this.

AUSTRALIAAA :deadbanana2:

A Legend! 

The fact that 1989 was 39th after so many years before last week :clap3:

This is HUGE. Ed Sheeran is shook

giphy.gif

Look at us stanning the album of the year like that :jonny5:she better tour here again

7 hours ago, iHype. said:

WWAFAWDWG also spending 67 weeks top 10 and only being 2x Platinum. Countries that weigh down streams are so ****ing dumb.

Is it the reason it's only 2x Platinum? I found it weird when they updated the certification a few weeks ago :dies: 

How many top 10s in total? 

OT: The true queen of Australia. :heart:

7 hours ago, iHype. said:

It's not just downweighting streams, the thresholds are a bit ridiculous imo as well, 1500 for an album is way too much, I promise the average person buying a copy doesn't listen to it that much. :skull:

10 songs in the top 20, her power :jonny5:

8 hours ago, castle13 said:

The female P!nk :jonny:

:deadbanana2:

Edited by G.U.Y_del_Rey

11 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

It's not just downweighting streams, the thresholds are a bit ridiculous imo as well, 1500 for an album is way too much, I promise the average person buying a copy doesn't listen to it that much. :skull:

I think this based on revenue, you need like 1500 streams to be on par with buying an album.

2 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

I think this based on revenue, you need like 1500 streams to be on par with buying an album.

Yeah I do get that's why the number is that, but I guess it begs the question is it a chart about revenue or a chart about popularity? Billboard is very contradictory on this question though, they dont know what they want :skull:

27 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Yeah I do get that's why the number is that, but I guess it begs the question is it a chart about revenue or a chart about popularity? Billboard is very contradictory on this question though, they dont know what they want :skull:

ARIA doesn't use radio airplay, pretty much pure sales and streams only.

19 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

10 (TEN) songs in top 20 :jonny5:

also 1989 needs like 81 more weeks to tie Rih's GGGB to be longest charting female album (but it's still charting this week)

??? I think P!nk hold the record tho

3 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

??? I think P!nk hold the record tho

my friend who is australian told me GGGB is the longest charting female album there? no? 

1 hour ago, Kiss It Better said:

my friend who is australian told me GGGB is the longest charting female album there? no? 

According to wiki, these are the longest charting in their current (top 50) chart -

299 weeks INXS - "The Very Best" (2011)

277 weeks Ed Sheeran - "x" (2014)

240 weeks Ed Sheeran - "+" (2011)

217 weeks Pink - "I'm Not Dead" (2006)

209 weeks Taylor Swift - "1989" (2014)

203 weeks Queen - "Greatest Hits" (1981)

200 weeks Adele - "21" (2011)

Pink is the one to beat yeah.

peterstyles13
On 8/1/2020 at 3:23 AM, iHype. said:

This tbh :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.