Did Taylor Need to Switch It Up for People to Care?

Brikenbur

After the critically panned album Lover, did Taylor need help from The National to put out a semi-decent album that she knew mainly her fans would find as captivating? 

discuss. :giraffe:

79 on Mc being critically panned

925D5FDC-8FD9-4D27-A80F-1098E58A954C.thu

Not all artists can be verstaile enough etc

925D5FDC-8FD9-4D27-A80F-1098E58A954C.thu

Edited by castle13

no but you should definitely try switching it up :sistrens:

your trolling is getting boring :sistrens:

• ATRL Moderator

Yes. She was OVER. She had to make the best album of the decade just for one person to care. She doesn’t even write her own SONGS and she has way too many boyfriends. I heard she might even be a closet lesbian. Like the last great American dynasty? More like the first awful American travesty! She’s just the most calculated and manipulative artist out there! I HATE HER. I hate her so much I bought thirteen copies of folkbore IRONICALLY so her real fans couldn’t get them! Taylor is the definition of a fad, no one even goes to her concerts, that’s the real reason why she cancelled Loverfest, everyone knows it! What a pathetic excuse for a so called ‘artist’ having to prove she’s ‘versatile’ just to get a stream. Like how many times can she sing about crying and guitars! UGH. What a waste! 

confused :giraffe:  but she's a smart woman, I'm sure she realized she shouldn't do the same sound as Lover.  925D5FDC-8FD9-4D27-A80F-1098E58A954C.thu

Well, if she needs to shift to another genre just so she can efficiently express her art, I'm glad she did.

Have you been saying this during the 1989 era when she shifted from country to pop and then during the rep era when she explored the "darker side" of the pop genre?

gHoRl, you must be tired!

A 79 on Metacritic with numerous awards and placements in year-end lists is "panned" now? :ahh:

Seek help.

Yes

It must be painful tormenting yourself every day making endless threads about Taylor. I think you’re slowly converting over to being a Swiftie, hun. Just admit it. If not, let me help initiate some good taste for you.

D1-F96931-4091-482-A-8-A24-384-C73-C45-D

Edited by Buffy

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, ALA said:

Uh... why always im the charts section  :ace: 

Wait.

:ahh:

I'm sitting in bed in literal TEARS laughing at your complete and utter stupidity. The way you'd literally have to have ran head first into a brick wall to come up with a thread idea THIS stupid! LOVER was not panned! Stop the lies.

The trolling doesn't even bother me, but at least put it in Base :rip: 

The fact that OP keeps posting on different Taylor threads and nobody’s giving them any attention so they had to make a thread to get it :ahh:

People always cared :)

Taylor has switched it up since day 1. It’s expected with her. All her albums have a different sound from the previous. If she kept the same sound as Lover it wouldn’t sound like a new Taylor era imo. Lover to Folklore reminds me of when Taylor went from Fearless to Speak Now in a way, she really focused on her writing most, which is what he fans fell in love with. If she’s smart she would make another album like Red again and infuse more pop into the sounds of Folklore. And then come with the album of the decade after that and go pure pop again, like 1989. 

This belongs in the base section dear

79 on metacritic is literally only 2 points away from Universal Acclaim so yeah not panned. Try harder next time troll :busted:

Also it's doing on par with Lover's numbers during a pandemic and weaker sales climate so really it shows if it weren't for that she'd be outdoing Lover.

Do you have any hobbies :doc: 

Keep fuming, and remember where topics go on atrl before you make one :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.