Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

stream Smile by Katy Perry on Spotify or Apple Music now/in 1 hour 46 minutes

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

HnDjPZG.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There are 18 entries, so I should receive 18 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-17:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

17. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify | Apple Music

Spoiler

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song
Billie Eilish - all the good girls go to hell
Christina Aguilera - Come On Over (All I Want Is You)
Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen
HyunA - Cause I'm God Girl
Janet Jackson - Someone To Call My Lover
Kanye West - All of The Lights
Kehlani - Change Your Life
Kelly Clarkson - Behinds These Hazel Eyes
Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
Lana Del Rey - Shades Of Cool
Lorde - Hard Feelings/Loveless
Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
Mariah Carey - Stay Long Love You
Nile Rodgers, Chic, Lady Gaga - I Want Your Love
The Weeknd - Scared To Live
Vanjess - Cool Off The Rain (Interlude)

DEADLINE

You have 48 hours, until August 29th, 10:30PM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques for your group if you can! 

Just now, Auburn said:

stream Smile by Katy Perry on Spotify or Apple Music now/in 1 hour 46 minutes

Tucked, Champaign Problems, Cry About it Later the trinity

NRO remains THAT bitch tho

Just now, touya kinomoto said:

Tucked, Champaign Problems, Cry About it Later the trinity

NRO remains THAT bitch tho

PERIOD

also I see so many great songs this round

PERIOD

a lot of great entries this round :jonny5:

i wasn't feeling the last two rounds but this one looks super good, i might start tonight... it seems tough to rank!

a lot of good entries this round (which is what we deserve after the past few rounds)

disruptive

XSH5rNZ.png

POTENTIAL BREAK UP SONG

I've never actually heard this before, but it's a BOP. The gays are always going off about it and now I know why. Very Veronicas'd.

ALL THE GOOD GIRLS GO TO HELL

One of her only good songs. Still nothing that special in the grand scheme of things, but I like her delivery and her confidence on it.

COME ON OVER (ALL I WANT IS YOU)

Very annoying. Not one of my favorite Xtina songs.

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS FOREVER

No thanks. Very supermarket restroom.

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Kinda tired, kinda good.

CAUSE I"M GOD GIRL

Not my thing.

SOMEONE TO CALL MY LOVER
Saccharine sweet in the best way possible.

ALL OF THE LIGHTS
Absolutely a '10s classic. My personal favorite Kanye song of all. It's one of the best examples of maximalism in modern music. YUP.

CHANGE YOUR LIFE

Very generic. I loved SweetSexySavage, but maybe she should've stopped after that.

BEHIND THESE HAZEL EYES

BOP. Kelly's music isn't my thing, but when she hits, she hits. And she hit with this.

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Never been a HUUUUGE fan of this. It's still pretty good.

SHADES OF COOL

Classic. One of her best songs. I wish MAC was our Lana sendoff for the season, though.

HARD FEELINGS/LOVELESS

Unfortunately one of my only skips on Melodrama. It doesn't come off as interesting STILL even after I've had three years to sit with it.

ALWAYS BE MY BABY

Absolute classic. Pretty much Mariah at her best (if not Fantasy).

STAY LONG LOVE YOU

BOP on one of Mariah's best albums.

I WANT YOUR LOVE

One of those times where the cover takes the original song to new heights.

SCARED TO LIVE

Flat and cringey.

COOL OFF THE RAIN

Cute ass album cover first of all. Cool song.

Bi5QTgd.png

Gotta do reviews quick or yall **** will bandwagon hate my song :gaycat3:

Pop classic

quirky, it's good, interesting

CLASSIC, one of my faves from the early pop girls era

Another classic :jonny: I've loved this song since I was a kid

An Ellie bop, I've always enjoyed it

HyunA queen, cute song, interesting song title

Yet another classic :praise: 

YUP, my favorite Kanye song

I have no strong opinion about this song

Kelly Clarkson - Behinds These Hazel Eyes

The best Breakaway single tbh, tops SUBG 

Another song I love, so many this round

Is Lana not banned yet?? :deadbanana4: 

Hard Feelings >>>  can cut Loveless

C L A S S I C Mariah :heart2: this song fills me with good feelings and sadness and nostalgia 

Wut is this, bold choice

I actually love this cover :coma: I literally was just listening to it yesterday :jamming: 

Hmm I don't really use this tbh 

Hmm it's okay, kinda does nothing for me

clue wants to start a fight i just know it [3]

As long as I get at least safe territory I have no issue~ 

wow lots of great entries ahhh

also holy SH*T my first positive clue review! that's wild

Aly  & AJ - Potential Breakup Song
This is my first time listening to this song. It’s not that bad but i don’t care for it too much if I’m honest. I’m sure it’s better for those who listened to it when it was first released and have nostalgia attached to it.

I dislike Billie to a great degree. BUT, surprisingly this is one of her songs that I actually enjoy! It’s a chill, eerie, halloween-esque vibe. It actually excited me because it made me realize how close we are to autumn and halloween <3

This is actually my favorite Xtinct song! I’m very used to the spanish version though. Timeless bop!

This is very blissful. Her voice fits the instrumental in a perfect way. Love these slow build up type of songs. I kinda wish there was a higher climax but it’s a great entry overall <3

This song is literally what converted me into a stan of hers.

HyunA, II Hoon Jung - Cause I’m God Girl
Uhhhhmm, this kinda sounds like a disney channel movie rap song. Her voice sounds like it’s on the same spectrum of Crazy Frog and that gummy bear song.

Wow, I haven’t heard this one before and I’m absolutely loving it! Out of the janet songs that have been sent this season, this is definitely the best one. Love, love, love it <3

Kanye West - All Of The Lights
Wow, i know I said I disliked Billie, but I DESPISE Kanye. But this song is really good, I kinda feel mad for liking it! I was thinking it was going to be too monotonous for how long it was, but it’s actually a very dynamic and fun song! Really enjoyed it!

Kehlani, Jhene Aiko - Change Your Life
This is really chill and enjoyable. Really like the vibe of the song. Her voice and the beat is just so good.

I honestly couldn’t differentiate between the two voices if Jhene Aiko sang on it too f

Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
Best Kelly song, me thinks!

Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight
This is such a feel good song. It’s not really outstanding, but it’s nice. It kind of makes me want to go rollerskating.

NeNe-has-seen-ENOUGH.jpg

Love Hard Feelings a looooooot <3 Loveless is cute, but it kind of diminishes the perfection that is Hard Feelings by itself

Can you believe I’ve only heard 4 Mariah songs in my entire life? This is probably the 5th sone. I loved it. Loved the instrumental, her voice is so satisfying.

Interesting… I don’t like it as much as ABMB but it’s kind of a mall bop. It’s nice. I enjoyed it.

Love The Weeknd, but I don’t think this was my favorite album from him. This song is pretty, but I didn’t find it to be too memorable.

VanJess - Cool Off the Rain (Interlude)
I can vibe to this. Maybe it was not memorable enough but it was enjoyable and i tolerated this one more than some of the other entries. Maybe because it was too short, it didn’t have the opportunity to grow on me.

clue wants to start a fight i just know it [4]

the rest, i hope you all have a good night's sleep

WRxt6dP.png

BY FAR the best round of the season so far. You guys really brought it. I think I liked basically every single song, so my critiques probably won't be super helpful nnn

Spoiler

Oh my god I don’t think I could properly describe just how much I LOVE this song even if I tried. I know this is only the first song, but this is going to be extremely hard to beat for me. Legitimately one of the most fun bops ever made, I’m not even kidding.

One of my favourite Billie songs. I’ve played it to death and I still haven’t gotten tired of it. Ugh I can already tell this round is going to be SO hard to rank.

A cute, fun song. Not sure how well this will be able to compete in a group as strong as this, but I do like it.

I’ll be honest… I thought I remembered LOVING this song, but listening it to it now after having not heard it in a while, it’s not hitting as hard as it used to. I definitely still like it, but I don’t love it like I thought I would.

Whew Ellie really did THAT with this song huh. A wonderful, masterful pop song from start to finish. Captivating verses and an explosive chorus that puts you in such a good mood.

Definitely a fun bop, although it’s kinda basic and the production is a bit too abrasive at times. Normally a fun, trashy bop would be enough to get a decent rank from me, but not sure if that will apply this round.

This is nice and a cute change of pace from most of the other songs in this round so far. I like the guitar in the instrumental and this put me in a really serene mood, although I wish the chorus were a bit less noisy.

It’s kinda wild how Rihanna elevates basically every song she’s featured on. Her parts are great and the instrumental to this song always pumps me up, although I will say parts of the production are a bit jarring now and haven’t aged super well for me. But pretty good choice overall.

The way I’m nine songs in and still haven’t reached a song I don’t like. I will say that while this is good and I do like it, it doesn’t go too far beyond just being a nice, enjoyable listen, whereas a LOT of songs so far do.

Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

Definitely one of Kelly’s best old school songs. I understand why some people aren’t really a fan of this era of Kelly’s music anymore, but personally I still really enjoy this song. The chorus and bridge in particular are great, this is one of those songs you just want to shout the lyrics to.

Ok now wait at this disco pop BOP. I wish I liked Kylie’s voice because this song would be excellent if her vocal tone wasn’t a bit irritating to me. But don’t get me wrong, this is still really good, I definitely enjoyed it.

One of the things I like about Lana is that her songs often has some really subtly cool little moments in their melodies, and this song is full of that. This is a very captivating melody with a pretty instrumental to back it up. The electric guitar section was a bit messy to me, but besides that one part, I really liked this song.

Hard Feelings is honestly a MASTERPIECE that I somehow manage to love more and more every time I listen to it. And honestly Loveless doesn’t even bring it down much for me, it’s a cute outro. Uggghhh the top of my list is SO hard to rank, they’re all so good.

Generally not the biggest Mariah fan, but this is definitely a classique and one of my favourite Mariah singles. A small part of me will always be bitter that this is sampled in one of 5H’s worst songs, but of course I won’t hold that against the very good original.

Omg Gunna’s first part at the beginning of the song was SO annoying, but thankfully his main verse was way less irritating. Anyways I like this song quite a bit, it’s chill but also kinda bop at the same time. Maybe I actually am a Mariah fan and just don’t realize it?

I was expecting this to be a mess based on the random assortment of artists (and some parts lowkey were messy), but I actually liked this overall. When Gaga just commits to making a straightforward, polished bop, she almost always does a great job. I just wish she wasn’t shouting so obnoxiously throughout the chorus.

I’m surprised this is getting mixed/negative feedback from the early reviews. I haven’t listened to too much of The Weeknd’s discography, but from what I’ve heard, this is up there as one of my favourites from him. I’ve always loved the melody and the whole song flows so well.

This is an interesting song with some cool vocal and production moments. It’s one of those songs this round that I’d probably easily give a decent spot to in another round, but because I liked pretty much every song here, it may suffer from particularly tough competition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.