Fitzswiftie

Zayn shows off his stunningly kind eyes

hétérosexuelle
2 minutes ago, Javan said:

Ok. I just remembered it’s Eid. He’s just wearing Kajal/Kohl that is for more like a ceremony/ritual. That part is Islamic, yes. but that has nothing to do with the men in those pics you posted who are Indian and Hindu. They wear eyeliner for fashion very frequently. Nonetheless,  we can say Zayn is not coming for Harry’s gimmick on this occasion :giraffe:

It wasn’t me who posted the pics :thing: 

but yeah, I bet it’s different. I’m not familiar with Indian/Hindu culture.

I just know for a fact that Arab Bedouins wear Kohl/Kuhul, and in Arab Golf too where they were more traditional clothing.

I find it super hot tbh :smitten:

marsblyr
1 hour ago, Javan said:

But Bollywood stars are Indian and predominately Hindu. Zayn isn’t Indian at all, so this is not an explanation for his makeup. Pretty sure Muslims don’t support men in eyeliner. None of those men are Muslim :rip: 

2 of those men are Muslim :skull:

Javan
53 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

Really? Which ones?

marsblyr
3 minutes ago, Javan said:

Really? Which ones?

The bottom two - Amir Khan and Shahrukh Khan

KnightOfAllRealms
1 hour ago, Javan said:

Ok. I just remembered it’s Eid. He’s just wearing Kajal/Kohl that is for more like a ceremony/ritual. That part is Islamic, yes. but that has nothing to do with the men in those pics you posted who are Indian and Hindu. They wear eyeliner for fashion very frequently. Nonetheless,  we can say Zayn is not coming for Harry’s gimmick on this occasion :giraffe:

girl the last two guys are aamir and shahrukh khan, both who are muslim :rip: I've seen muslim men wear kohl more than hindus ever did :rip:

Javan
5 hours ago, marsblyr said:

4 hours ago, marsblyr said:

The bottom two - Amir Khan and Shahrukh Khan

4 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

girl the last two guys are aamir and shahrukh khan, both who are muslim :rip: I've seen muslim men wear kohl more than hindus ever did :rip:

Ok but hear me out. Amir Khan is playing a Hindu in that role in the pic, from Thugs of Hindostan, and from what I read the second character is Indian but supposed to be secular I guess. Zayn is neither Indian nor Hindu.  
so my question is, are there any current examples of men wearing eyeliner in Pakistani cinema? Because historically there I know there has been but I find it noteworthy that ever since the partition of India and Pakistan and the mass exodus of Pakistani Hindus into India, that it seems to have fallen out of favour in Pakistani cinema. That’s why I hypothesised that it has smth to do with Islam. Maybe not. Thoughts?

marsblyr
1 hour ago, Javan said:

Ok but hear me out. Amir Khan is playing a Hindu in that role in the pic, from Thugs of Hindostan, and from what I read the second character is Indian but supposed to be secular I guess. Zayn is neither Indian nor Hindu.  
so my question is, are there any current examples of men wearing eyeliner in Pakistani cinema? Because historically there I know there has been but I find it noteworthy that ever since the partition of India and Pakistan and the mass exodus of Pakistani Hindus into India, that it seems to have fallen out of favour in Pakistani cinema. That’s why I hypothesised that it has smth to do with Islam. Maybe not. Thoughts?

So the thing that people actually use is called surma. It is like kajal/kohl but made of different material. Outcome is the same. It's still very popular in northern India and Pakistani villages. The urbanized areas stopped using it in both the countries. I don't know much about pakistani cinema but the 4th picture is actually a Muslim character in a major Bollywood movie and it's biographical so it's portrayed close to the reality. 

I don't know about this thread but I just wanted to point out that those two men were Muslim and they do actually still use surma in both the countries.

Javan
5 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

So the thing that people actually use is called surma. It is like kajal/kohl but made of different material. Outcome is the same. It's still very popular in northern India and Pakistani villages. The urbanized areas stopped using it in both the countries. I don't know much about pakistani cinema but the 4th picture is actually a Muslim character in a major Bollywood movie and it's biographical so it's portrayed close to the reality. 

I don't know about this thread but I just wanted to point out that those two men were Muslim and they do actually still use surma in both the countries.

Ok thank u