Top Posters In This Topic

• TayAlison89

• M André

• okbyefornow

• ariananext

7 minutes ago, Slayn said:

I mean is it not

nnn it's just to make noise on twitter so people would be interested

or you really think that sucker (Jonas brothers) got more votes than tun and bad guy last year?

Spoiler

Best Pop

Jonas Brothers — "Sucker"

5 Seconds of Summer – "Easier"

Cardi B and Bruno Mars – "Please Me"

Billie Eilish — "Bad Guy"

Ariana Grande — "Thank U, Next"

Khalid — "Talk"

Taylor Swift — "You Need to Calm Down"

they just award whoever they want to :rip: otherwise there would be a clear sweep for an artist. they spread the wealth and it's kinda ok. what is not okay, is that they don't give major awards to artist who don't attend.

2 hours ago, Valtersen said:

nnn it's just to make noise on twitter so people would be interested

or you really think that sucker (Jonas brothers) got more votes than tun and bad guy last year?

Hide contents

Best Pop

Jonas Brothers — "Sucker"

5 Seconds of Summer – "Easier"

Cardi B and Bruno Mars – "Please Me"

Billie Eilish — "Bad Guy"

Ariana Grande — "Thank U, Next"

Khalid — "Talk"

Taylor Swift — "You Need to Calm Down"

they just award whoever they want to :rip: otherwise there would be a clear sweep for an artist. they spread the wealth and it's kinda ok. what is not okay, is that they don't give major awards to artist who don't attend.

as they shouldn't it's showbiz why would they award someone who is not going to benefit them by attending

but more importantly, WHO is in your avi????

the VMAs just arent built to exist in the streaming era I guess :ryan:

the decrease in star power :rip: only BTS are global superstars there. If they only gave miss Leep Leep her deserved noms

Who request J Balvin?? I mean I like him but.....

BTS.... tbh I was happy the VMAS was basically the only big award that was not seeking for attention by making any KPOP act to perfom.... well I was wrong!

TayAlison89
2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

the VMAs just arent built to exist in the streaming era I guess :ryan:

the decrease in star power :rip: only BTS are global superstars there. If they only gave miss Leep Leep her deserved noms

They could benefit from the streaming era if they actual put a YouTube livestream or something, I mean it's 2020 :skull: Also give the stage/performances the highest budget you can get and make sure that all performances are uploaded on YouTube right after the show, not 10 weeks later

I still think the VMAs are a fun show to watch, just not what they used to be...but what award show really is lol they're all declining in quality and excitement

TayAlison89
5 hours ago, Slayn said:

with VOTY being fan voted guess we are looking at another taylor win... undeserving for a video like The Man tho, should go to ROM

OT but who is that in your avi

White Mans Whore Snooki GIF - WhiteMansWhore Snooki Sad - Discover ...

CristianGarcia
3 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

BTS.... tbh I was happy the VMAS was basically the only big award that was not seeking for attention by making any KPOP act to perfom.... well I was wrong!

I mean they’re the VIDEO music awards and BTS has broken the most views in 24 hrs record twice..... Why would they NOT celebrate them? 

They need to focus on getting the biggest names to perform...give them BUDGET, let them do whatever they want. 

no one actually cares about the awards part of this show

I mean....everyone constantly comes for the VMAs

but u cant say that we aren't always perched to see the performances for it..probably it's history's hype but it has always been a more special award for stans in particular (and prolly for the pop culture as a whole)

BigBangStan
On 8/4/2020 at 7:55 PM, Ivan_brit said:

BTS are the biggest group in america right now, why will they not nominate them? :skull:

professor2000
18 hours ago, Cheeerl said:

Is Doja gonna perform with coronavirus?

She didn't reveal she had it until AFTER she recovered.  She's fine now lol.  

professor2000
13 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

They need to focus on getting the biggest names to perform...give them BUDGET, let them do whatever they want. 

no one actually cares about the awards part of this show

Label actually pays for it most time, actually. 

That's probably why performances are getting more BLAH over the years. 

Artists have to spend $$$ (hair, makeup, lighting, etc.) to get minimal exposure + now performances don't really lead to a major increase in sales/streams.  It's becoming so pointless, especially as ratings dwindle.  Also prob why no MAJOR major artists perform anymore.  

Why are they going through with this? Will the award show be hosted on a zoom meeting? They should just announce the winners on an Instagram post and call it a day. :cm:

So far Doja Cat, J Balvin and BTS are the only ones announced right? 

Im thinking Miley, Cardi/Meg and Taylor are safe bets. 

mrpartyrocker

Just imagine the next performers being

Lady gaga and ariana grande

Megan Beyonce then cardi b and Megan mash up with savage and wap, normani doing a dance break in between the songs

Taylor swift

Miley cyrus

Rihanna dropping 3 songs and doing a medley 

Doja cat and nicki minaj at the end of the performance nicki throwing a mic at cardi b

Dua lipa doing her future nostalgia medley 

The ***** at dolls would've been perfect to do the medley and announcing their come back a la x factor

Video of the year lady gaga and ariana announced by beyonce

Beyonce ending with black parade

Edited by mrpartyrocker

I'm sooo sure Gaga and Ariana are going to be there...I mean, they have too! And yes, I also expect Taylor, Miley and Cardi to be announced! 

MTV Scraps Plans for Indoor VMAs, Switches to Outdoor Performances

“In close consultation with state and local health officials‎, it became clear at this time that outdoor performances with limited or no audience would be more feasible and safer than an indoor event,” MTV said in a statement. “The VMAs will highlight the boroughs in an exciting show and return to Barclays Center in 2021. MTV will continue to work closely with the Department of Health, state and local officials, the medical community, and key stakeholders to ensure the safety of all involved.”

https://tvline.com/2020/08/07/mtv-vmas-video-music-awards-2020-outdoors-performers/