Squall

Why isn't Future Nostalgia selling more?

Recommended Posts

ashenv

Dua pipa has no talent, no fanbase and no pull. She ain't a superstar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TripDaStati0n said:

why dont you post this there then?

Because it's not made for that?

 

Sad you couldn't keep that "no one cares about charts, care about quality!!!" attitude when you ran into threads to shade these artists:

 

 

 

Edited by Squall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
5 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Over a million for a pure female pop album with all its tracks solo in 2020 is not bad in any way wtf? 

Specially for a woman that doesn't have a huge established fanbase :deadbanana4:

She has the hits, the streaming exposure, the radios + the most-streamed female album ever

I can't with the excuses (and not the "pure female pop album" one when the 80s pop sound is trendy right now) :skull:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TalkThatRihanna
1 minute ago, Squall said:

Because it's not made for that?

 

Sad you couldn't keep that "no one cares about charts, care about quality!!!" attitude when you ran into threads to shade these artists:

 

 

 

The swift ( :eli: ) clock :jonny6:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brenda-walsh

2 Billion streams in 4 months, but it’s struggling :priceless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claw

lol it seems like it's doing well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oktober Knight
38 minutes ago, raven said:

how is 44k in it's 17th week not great? :skull: she's doing well for where she's at in her career 

 

14 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Over a million for a pure female pop album with all its tracks solo in 2020 is not bad in any way wtf? 

Specially for a woman that doesn't have a huge established fanbase :deadbanana4:

 

4 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

2 Billion streams in 4 months, but it’s struggling :priceless:

Right?! The OP is acting like she's flopping; or they're trying to get her dragged, one or the other.

 

Dua is doing just fine. She's not gonna pull in Taylor sized numbers because she's still new and forming her fanbase (especially in the US).

 

For someone's sophomore album, I'd say she's doing just fine with sales in the digital/streaming era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Breathe On Moi
25 minutes ago, TripDaStati0n said:

worrying bout sales is so dorky :bibliahh:Just enjoy the music nerd 

I kinda cackled at this bullying :bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightCrawler
18 minutes ago, Squall said:

I didn't know 14,4k was "almost 50%" of 44k btw, you guys really are doing the MOST.

 

US: 14,4k

UK: 4,2k

France: 2k

Germany: 2-3k

Japan: less than 500

 

= already 24k (in the 5 main markets in the world)

 

20k in the rest of the world doesn't seem particularly off :dies: 

I edited, it's 33% of FN sales coming from the US according to Mediatraffic ---> Ratio 1 : 3

 

Spotify Streams

Break My Heart

US: 345,366

WW: 2,009,126

Ratio: 1 : 5.82

 

Don't Start Now

US: 326,468

WW: 2,019,174

Ratio: 1 : 6.18

 

How does it make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ally Maine
19 minutes ago, Squall said:

Because it's not made for that?

 

Sad you couldn't keep that "no one cares about charts, care about quality!!!" attitude when you ran into threads to shade these artists:

 

 

 

Damn :deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
2 minutes ago, NightCrawler said:

I edited, it's 33% of FN sales coming from the US according to Mediatraffic ---> Ratio 1 : 3

 

Spotify Streams

Break My Heart

US: 345,366

WW: 2,009,126

Ratio: 1 : 5.82

 

Don't Start Now

US: 326,468

WW: 2,019,174

Ratio: 1 : 6.18

 

How does it make sense?

Why are you even bringing up Spotify numbers? Just take a look at the sales I brought up: add Australia/NZ, the little markets in Europe + an estimation for the rest of the world, and he's probably close to her number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gatito

People still don’t know her, they only know her hit songs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripDaStati0n
4 minutes ago, Ally Maine said:

Damn :deadbanana4:

did i start those threads? no. I dont go through numbers of how music performs on an hourly basis like the op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ally Maine
4 minutes ago, TripDaStati0n said:

did i start those threads? no. I dont go through numbers of how music performs on an hourly basis like the op

No. Instead you read threads about how they perform and fume :deadbanana4: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JBJT2786

What's with the Swifties suddenly trying to drag Dua?

 

She's on her second album and not a big draw in the US clearly.

But the fact she's only one of 3 women with sales over 1 million this year and yet we're complaining?

That fact it's done more than 7x it's opening weekend compared to others than made 2x or 3x as much and havent reached a MIllion yet :rip:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripDaStati0n
1 minute ago, Ally Maine said:

No. Instead you read threads about how they perform and fume :deadbanana4: 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

What's with the Swifties suddenly trying to drag Dua?

 

She's on her second album and not a big draw in the US clearly.

But the fact she's only one of 3 women with sales over 1 million this year and yet we're complaining?

That fact it's done more than 7x it's opening weekend compared to others than made 2x or 3x as much and havent reached a MIllion yet :rip:

 

 

Not sure what Taylor has to do with it, I didn't even bring up her numbers.

 

Also not sure what you are all using the "she is not big in the US!!!!" excuse when that's actually the problem:

About 200M Al right now on the US radios (dominating pop radios as well)

Excellent playlisting (she was #1 for females back in mid-April with 346 million, idk about right now)

 

And reaching one million in 4 months is amazing? She literally has the best exposure possible  :dies: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brenda-walsh
3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

What's with the Swifties suddenly trying to drag Dua?

 

they're threatened FN will end up bigger than Folklore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brenda-walsh
2 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not sure what Taylor has to do with it, I didn't even bring up her numbers.

 

Also not sure what you are all using the "she is not big in the US!!!!" excuse when that's actually the problem:

About 200M Al right now on the US radios (dominating pop radios as well)

Excellent playlisting (she was #1 for females back in mid-April with 346 million, idk about right now)

 

And reaching one million in 4 months is amazing? She literally has the best exposure possible  :dies: 

You already derailed your own thread by using Mediatraffic numbers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KMO

Because the lead single was the only good song on the album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightCrawler
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Squall said:

Why are you even bringing up Spotify numbers? Just take a look at the sales I brought up: add Australia/NZ, the little markets in Europe + an estimation for the rest of the world, and he's probably close to her number.

Are you just pretending to be stupid? 90% of sales come from streaming. How can her WW streaming numbers be: "US streams multiplied by 6" but her worldwide sales = "US sales multiplied by 3" ? I guess a stream outside of the US is worth less to you and Mediatraffic.

 

Edited by NightCrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

You already derailed your own thread by using Mediatraffic numbers 

You want it or not, this is the currently source we have to estimate to some extent WW sales and I already posted her weekly numbers in the main markets (but of course you didn't point it out).

Edited by Squall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
1 minute ago, NightCrawler said:

Are you just pretending to be stupid? 90% of sales come from streaming. How can her WW streaming numbers be: "US multiplied by 6" but her worldwide sales = "US multiplied by 3" ? I guess a stream outside of the US is worth less to you and Mediatraffic.

But:

US: 14,4k

UK: 4,2k

France: 2k

Germany: 2-3k

Japan: less than 500

 

= 24k from the 5 main markets already

 

You are the one being stupid in here, not me, not sure why you keep bringing up Spotify numbers when they're already included in the markets' charts :dies: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sugden

Dua doesn't sell albums, but is ok barely anyone sells these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick_317

Not enough demand, talent and artistry

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites