Folklore 500K SPS in the US already; 400K pure, 100K TEA/SEA

peterstyles13

You just can’t deny her power at this point, she is a beast!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova_23

• peterstyles13

• Buffy

• mcohen

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Timber said:

But Lemonade did 650k in 3 days. Tho everyone will say fake Tidal streams...

Fake streams indeed + 2016 :cm: 

peterstyles13
13 minutes ago, Timber said:

2016 vs 2020. We should compare Lemonade with Reputation or 1989 seeing as they came out closer to that!

sGB8Qgp.gif

Edited by peterstyles13

Lemonade came out in 2016 when iTunes wasn’t completely dead. I’d say they’re not comparable

at all.

Lmao she won

i CAN stand it!

36 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

2016 vs 2020. We should compare Lemonade with Reputation or 1989 seeing as they came out closer to that!

sGB8Qgp.gif

If anything we should compare the iTunes exclusive, genuine surprise (no advanced announcement) Self-Titled to folklore. 

sGB8Qgp.gif

700k+ is definitely happening now :duca:

Theres no way shes doing less than 800k right? Wo

Even with bundles this is crazy.

51 minutes ago, Era said:

Wait wasn't it released on a Saturday? So 6 days? Or did the tracking week end on Monday back then?

It was a Tidal exclusive from when it aired on HBO. Imagine how the hive felt about this. They thought it was gonna be Tidal exclusive forever. Variety News reported that it would be. Tidal got 3m downloads because of that (hence why I don’t think the 100m streams in 6 days is all that fishy when there was only 1 way to consume the album for 3 days). Anyway, 3 days before the end of the tracking week it is finally released on iTunes. It goes on to sell nearly 500k pure sales and almost 1m track sales (cuz the album was less expensive If you bought each song individually). Anyway, yeah, that’s what happened.

It was a Tidal exclusive from when it aired on HBO. Imagine how the hive felt about this. They thought it was gonna be Tidal exclusive forever. Variety News reported that it would be. Tidal got 3m downloads because of that (hence why I don’t think the 100m streams in 6 days is all that fishy when there was only 1 way to consume the album for 3 days). Anyway, 3 days before the end of the tracking week it is finally released on iTunes. It goes on to sell nearly 500k pure sales and almost 1m track sales (cuz the album was less expensive If you bought each song individually). Anyway, yeah, that’s what happened.

I don't want to go to far off topic, but press releases (https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/04/24/beyonce-lemonade-tidal-itunes/83471916/) from the Lemonade release say it was available for purchase 24 hours after the Tidal release. So it had 5 days.

Edited by Lille

ffahsdfjjlsa how is she slaying SO HARD during the pandemic with no Target exclusive, no store physicals, her website sale only, no hits single, no promo, and minimum payola???

at this point, people should just accept that Taylor is the biggest pop star in the world right now. she has it all - album sales, singles, tour receipts and marketability. 

6 hours ago, Timber said:

Who cares about Lemonade tho? 

TayTay is effortlessly slaying :clap3: We love to see it :coffee:

Her POWER :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, robbyds said:

at this point, people should just accept that Taylor is the biggest pop star in the world right now. she has it all - album sales, singles, tour receipts and marketability. 

TRUE.. Her only competition is herself and Adele

AMAZING SHOWSTOPPING TALENTED ETC ETC

sGB8Qgp.gif

OT: this will be her 7th album to open with +500k

It must be miserable being OTH

12 hours ago, ***Chu said:

If anything we should compare the iTunes exclusive, genuine surprise (no advanced announcement) Self-Titled to folklore. 

Well if we do it, 

Self Titled sold 617.000 Units in first 3 days in 2013.

Folklore sold 500k+ in 3 days which is equal to more than 1.290 million+ Units in 2013.

Units in US by year:

2013 - 289.4 million

2019 - 112.7 million. 

I used 2019 numbers because we don't have 2020 numbers yet but it will be less than 112 million for sure which makes the equal number just bigger(ı also used 500k which is mininum number). 

4 hours ago, CBXC said:

The way she could've had another 1 million opener if physicals had been out :deadbanana2:

To be fair, not many would've went out just to buy the CD. Swifties that would are most definetely ordering it online.

58 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Well if we do it, 

Self Titled sold 617.000 Units in first 3 days in 2013.

Folklore sold 500k+ in 3 days which is equal to more than 1.290 million+ Units in 2013.

Units in US by year:

2013 - 289.4 million

2019 - 112.7 million. 

I used 2019 numbers because we don't have 2020 numbers yet but it will be less than 112 million for sure which makes the equal number just bigger(ı also used 500k which is mininum number). 

I wouldn't really put it like that. Her sales have always been outside the trend of music sales. No matter what year it's been it's always hovered around 1 million.

Especially given that Red & 1989 sold somewhat similar.

1 hour ago, infrared said:

I wouldn't really put it like that. Her sales have always been outside the trend of music sales. No matter what year it's been it's always hovered around 1 million.

Especially given that Red & 1989 sold somewhat similar.

1989 was her peak and Reputation's opening hype was massive. Both were bigger first week successes than Red (and speak now) despite same sales due to declining industry. Speak now and Reputation's first week hype's weren't even close but they sold about same because 2010 had advantage. 

I am not saying that Folklore could surely sell that much in 2013 but my post's real point was, how meaningless it is to compare 2013 sales to 2020. Industry changed big since then.

Folklore is challenging Thank u next with most streamed album debut for a female artist. She is doing that despite huge digital sales in 2020. She could easily have biggest first week sale of 2013 with these numbers while ST wasn't biggest of it's time. It was a huge succcess either way tho. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.