• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova_23

• peterstyles13

• Buffy

• mcohen

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mcohen said:

"All of the physical deliver the digital version of the album upon purchase to the customer, while the physical version will ship to the customer later. Sales of such bundles – where two formats of the same album are bundled together – are counted as one sale, with the album configuration sold determined by the first version of the album that is fulfilled to the customer"

Glad Billboard clarified that there is no double counting as some tried to claim in the other thread :)

but let's say the costumer doesn't redeem his digital copy of the album, will it not count when the physical version ships after a few weeks? 

7 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I haven’t bought any copy yet. Waiting for the last day. 

115589_original.gif?fbclid=IwAR2H2sujLcqTUq_D__Mt5tdqAClWhK-mrB46BIrDBouBNQVymTawm27IP0A

1 minute ago, NMiguelCosta said:

but let's say the costumer doesn't redeem his digital copy of the album, will it not count when the physical version ships after a few weeks? 

So I was right when I said the album doesn’t count until it’s either shipped or redeemed via download :coffee2:

Just now, Nova_23 said:

So I was right when I said the album doesn’t count until it’s either shipped or redeemed via download :coffee2:

Doesnt this mean that once it’s shipped her sales will spike?

As long as she outdoes Loser I’ll be happy :clap3:

4 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

If fans haven’t redeemed it via download then the sale will count when it’s shipped. I know international Swifties don’t have the option to download the album so all of their album sales will count when the album ships. I mean based on what billboard is saying. 

5 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

As long as the digital copies aren't redeemed, then the physical copies will cause a spike in sales when they are shipped. 

Just now, ronelmaano13 said:

As long as the digital copies aren't redeemed, then the physical copies will cause a spike in sales when they are shipped. 

But.... those sales won’t count for the 1st week sales then right? 

Just now, ronelmaano13 said:

Explains why ME! jumped then during album release. When the cds and vinyls shipped those must've been the orders that didn't download. :thing:

7 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

2 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

If fans haven’t redeemed it via download then the sale will count when it’s shipped. I know international Swifties don’t have the option to download the album so all of their album sales will count when the album ships. I mean based on what billboard is saying. 

I could see this also making sense for stans who bought up a bunch of copies.

If you already have a digital download of your first copy, you wouldn't have a reason to digitally download all the rest of your copies except you wanna help Her first week sales.

I bet digital copies don't have to be redeemed for it to be counted. If anyone has any instance of random sales bumps pls give the receipts :rip:

44 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Who is this Juice WRLD? They sold 497K in their first week? That’s impressive. Never heard of ha.

Male rapper who died late last year I believe 

7 minutes ago, ALA said:

I bet digital copies don't have to be redeemed for it to be counted. If anyone has any instance of random sales bumps pls give the receipts :rip:

Me!  :rip:

It's almost comical at this point.

13 minutes ago, Dealer said:

See,when you do talentry...

No "hEy KiDs SpElLiNg Is FuN" allowed here :alexz:

I mean, Lover was at 675k at this point :swan:

18 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

15 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

Explains why ME! jumped then during album release. When the cds and vinyls shipped those must've been the orders that didn't download. :thing:

14 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

I could see this also making sense for stans who bought up a bunch of copies.

If you already have a digital download of your first copy, you wouldn't have a reason to digitally download all the rest of your copies except you wanna help Her first week sales.

Yeah, it 100% makes sense actually.

Just now, mcohen said:

575k actually and WITH preorders :cm: 

1 minute ago, Squall said:

575k actually and WITH preorders :cm: 

The preorders obviously pushed it ahead but using these numbers against Lover makes no sense :cm:

Edited by mcohen

5 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Hopefully Folklord will surpass Loser's numbers and prove that the superior album won both on quality and commercial success 

D127-C2-E0-D39-D-4-ACA-BD03-82-AB2647461

Edited by Dealer

By the way, does it mean Billboard will know who redeemed their copies and who didn't? How are they going to figure this out if someone ordered multiple copies? Through the non-used codes or something?

Edited by Squall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.