Drake now has the most top 10 hits ever.

iHype.

1 hour ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

sabu.png they love to gaslight but y'all ain't lying 

I don't even like Drake that much and even I notice the narrative that "he's only a chart success because of rap dominating streaming" being pervasive since 2016.

Exactly.

Meanwhile you have artists ala. Swift currently dominating the mid-week BB200 with high sales primarily due to bundles (albeit her streams are great too) and the ‘praise’ threads are in excess.

When Drake moved 700K+ in 2017 with “Scorpion”, due to unseen before one-week streams, all ATRL could talk about was his playlisting. :toofunny2:

It’s another case of most of (not all) ATRL’s White (Gay) demographic sh*tting on Black acts as per usual. 

19 hours ago, rac7d said:

There be Karen’s in Atrl????

:bibliahh:

Yes, multiple Karen’s and Patrick’s. 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:30 AM, onewillowsilk said:

...yet when Drake breaks or sets any record, it's always talk about how it's irrelevant or it isn't the same as other eras. Every single time. 

It’ll be the same passive and microaggressive BS when Beyonce or Rihanna release, or even Drake once again and any other current Hip-Hop act. :rip:

It’s a continuous cycle on this site.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onewillowsilk

• iHype.

• Rev8

• dussymob

King of rap. Now he can focus on putting out quality hits circa his 2009-2017 days instead of throwing out quick little singles since the record's been broken. Looking forward to NWTS 2.0

5efOWfT.gif

Edited by bad guy

4 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Exactly.

Meanwhile you have artists ala. Swift currently dominating the mid-week BB200 with high sales primarily due to bundles (albeit her streams are great too) and the ‘praise’ threads are in excess.

When Drake moved 700K+ in 2017 with “Scorpion”, due to unseen before one-week streams, all ATRL could talk about was his playlisting. :toofunny2:

It’s another case of most of (not all) ATRL’s White (Gay) demographic sh*tting on Black acts as per usual. 

:bibliahh:

Yes, multiple Karen’s and Patrick’s. 

It’ll be the same passive and microaggressive BS when Beyonce or Rihanna release, or even Drake once again and any other current Hip-Hop act. :rip:

It’s a continuous cycle on this site.

Watch how they'll praise Taylor Swift (deservedly so) for her streaming performance once her album debuts. But when another black artist does it, all the white gays will have the most to say. 

I think that Rihanna will pass Madonna someday too. 

Yeah it’s impressive but let’s not act like Album bombs due to steaming don’t make this easier for rappers. Artist could not do this in the past. 

On 7/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, iHype. said:

It was not a 'much harder' time to get hits, when there was the most top 10s ever during her time. :skull:

Yeah I’d actually say it was easier during the 80s.

Albums with 4 or more Top ten hits:

60s - 1

70s - 4

80s - 36 

90s - 8

00s - 14

10s - 11

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/AlRog/chock-full-o-hits-the-albums-that-spawned-the-most-top-10-singles-us/

And :rip: @ male privilege when Madonna has white privilege which is far more helpful. :skull: 

OT: Very impressive :clap3: 

2 hours ago, dussymob said:

Yeah it’s impressive but let’s not act like Album bombs due to steaming don’t make this easier for rappers. Artist could not do this in the past. 

Taylor Swift is about to get her THIRD album bomb with folklore. Every song off Speak Now charted on the Hot 100. Same with Lover and now folklore. Billie Eilish scored an album bomb with her last album, so did Ariana Grande. More pop artists would do the same if they could pull enough streams in a week to make multiple songs off their albums chart. That's not the fault of rappers, that's the fault of the fans of the pop stars who don't stream their faves' albums enough when they get released. Take it up with them. 

"artists could not do this in the past," yes, but if Taylor Swift was the one who broke the record, you wouldn't have anything to say about it. She's about to go from 97 to 113 entries next week (making her the female act with the most hot 100 entries and the 4th artist with the most entries after Drake, the Glee Cast and Lil Wayne), from 25 to at least 28 top 10 hits and will more than likely score a #1 hit, ALL from an album bomb and no one on this site will have anything to say about that, but when a rapper does something similar, that's when y'all remember that streaming is the only reason why artists can chart multiple songs at once. Y'all ain't sleek. 

Tell your pop faves to drop more songs and do more features and in turn, y'all stream the hell out of those songs when they drop. Your faves will score a lot more Hot 100 entries that way. Simple. 

3 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Taylor Swift is about to get her THIRD album bomb with folklore. Every song off Speak Now charted on the Hot 100. Same with Lover and now folklore. Billie Eilish scored an album bomb with her last album, so did Ariana Grande. More pop artists would do the same if they could pull enough streams in a week to make multiple songs off their albums chart. That's not the fault of rappers, that's the fault of the fans of the pop stars who don't stream their faves' albums enough when they get released. Take it up with them. 

I said what I said. Ariana and Taylor are included in what I’m talking about too. Album tracks was not allowed to chart in the 80s and 90s so why tf are y’all acting like it was easier to have you whole discography chart back then. I know y’all are not that damn dense geez!

3 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

"artists could not do this in the past," yes, but if Taylor Swift was the one who broke the record, you wouldn't have anything to say about it. She's about to go from 97 to 113 entries next week (making her the female act with the most hot 100 entries and the 4th artist with the most entries after Drake, the Glee Cast and Lil Wayne), from 25 to at least 28 top 10 hits and will more than likely score a #1 hit, ALL from an album bomb and no one on this site will have anything to say about that, but when a rapper does something similar, that's when y'all remember that streaming is the only reason why artists can chart multiple songs at once. Y'all ain't sleek. 

Tell your pop faves to drop more songs and do more features and in turn, y'all stream the hell out of those songs when they drop. Your faves will score a lot more Hot 100 entries that way. Simple. 

You do realize I don’t stan pop music right? Look at my signature....

On 7/27/2020 at 1:19 PM, R.E.M. said:

This :rip: I'm so over y'all ****ting on artists who don't make dated EDM europop trash that serves as background music on OnlyFans. 

Do users in here still like EDM? :bibliahh:

36 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Do users in here still like EDM? :bibliahh:

No one sane is still listening to that mess. 

On 7/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, CaptainMusic said:

Yeah I’d actually say it was easier during the 80s.

Albums with 4 or more Top ten hits:

60s - 1

70s - 4

80s - 36 

90s - 8

00s - 14

10s - 11

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/AlRog/chock-full-o-hits-the-albums-that-spawned-the-most-top-10-singles-us/

And :rip: @ male privilege when Madonna has white privilege which is far more helpful. :skull: 

OT: Very impressive :clap3: 

Madge definitely had it much easier, it appears :rip:

I was honestly shocked to find out Madonna had 38 top tens and looking at it quite a few of them are quite questionable. Someone should do a thread explaining how the charts in the 80's worked because its quite fascinating to me.

Drake is definitely deserved of the record, he's arguably the most consistent artist in the world today and is constantly releasing material. :clap3:

how many solo?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

how many solo?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Why does that matter? He's the bigger artist on all his features. Anyways, he has 25 as a lead act. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.