Drake now has the most top 10 hits ever.

iHype.

liberalmusiclover
1 hour ago, iHype. said:

If he was another white pop girl it'd still be a notable achievement, right? A black rapper getting the record dirties it.

Exactly. 

Rihanna surpasses Madonna #1s. 
White gays: “FEATURES!”

Drake surpasses her top 10s. 
White gays: “STREAMING!”

Ignoring the fact that most of Madonna’s hits predate Soundscan so they might be less accurate achievements than the other artists have accomplished. 

56 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

This :rip: I'm so over y'all ****ting on artists who don't make dated EDM europop trash that serves as background music on OnlyFans. 

:bibliahh:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onewillowsilk

• iHype.

• Rev8

• dussymob

8 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Again, you’re telling blatant lies. 

Releasing the same thing over and over? Please tell us how One Dance, Nonstop, Take Care, and Toosie Slide sound like the same song. 

He has switched his sound, style, and production tons of times. Every single thing you’ve tried to state has been a lie. The only thing that holds is you finding him overrated personally. Which again — means you thinking he didn’t deserve the record has to do with your personal stance.

How?

Are u saying that it was easier for Madonna to snatch hits compared to Drake?

Madonna was a top seller in her time, Drake is a main force in his..but selling is harder than streaming

(and I think that u cant enter as high in the Top100 if u have a top selling song, compared if u have a strong streamed one)

and has he? :toofunny3: literally the same flow in almost everything

but still, sexism for sure :cm: Rihanna may not be the most versatile girl ever, but her hits differentiate far more than Drake's

but ofc u will drop that as soon as u brought your first push of a narrative

so grats to the 5/12 acts on the list :clap3:

liberalmusiclover
4 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

How?

Madonna was a top seller in her time, Drake is a main force in his..but selling is harder than streaming

(and I think that u cant enter as high in the Top100 if u have a top selling song, compared if u have a strong streamed one)

but still, sexism for sure :cm: Rihanna may not be the most versatile girl ever, but her hits differentiate far more than Drake's

Rihanna is damn sure more versatile than ANY other pop star peer of hers (including Taylor, Katy, Gaga, Beyoncé, etc.). And in Madonna’s time, songs literally charted because DJs were surveyed and asked what songs they played the most instead of all of that being tracked with accuracy. :deadbanana2:

Y'all dropping the race card every chance you have :toofunny3:

Anyway, impressive feature, although I probably don't know most of his top 10s but the same can be said about Madonna lol.

9 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

How?

Statistically, there was more top 10s during her time. 

“same flow” Okay... so the different production, lyrical content, features, and songwriters/producers suddenly don’t count because.... his voice sounds the same. :toofunny3: Wow! An artist has a distinctive voice so that means their music all sounds the same. 

Britney’s voice sounds the same in every song, anyone can imitate it, and even ghost singers on her music sound the exact same. That must mean all her music sounds the same. 

1 hour ago, R.E.M. said:

This :rip: I'm so over y'all ****ting on artists who don't make dated EDM europop trash that serves as background music on OnlyFans. 

drag them

tumblr_pk3tymtPQC1w48wlho3_540.gif

damn y'all not letting that one user breathe :dies:

drake really is the artist of the millennium (at least in the us)

Just now, iHype. said:

Statistically, there was more top 10s during her time. 

“same flow” Okay... so the different production, lyrical content, features, and songwriters/producers suddenly don’t count because.... his voice sounds the same. :toofunny3: Wow! An artist has a distinctive voice so that means their music all sounds the same. 

Britney’s voice sounds the same in every song, anyone can imitate it, and even ghost singers on her music sound the exact same. That must mean all her music sounds the same. 

Wasn't asking that,

was talking about Drake and Madonna,

but okay

Not only, the first several songs on his Spotify page, barely have any difference,

the last time he gave us something different, was on Views.

and where tf did I say his voice sounds the same :deadbanana2:do u even know the difference between Voice and Flow?

But I see why u twisted it that way, how would've u given an example with the person on my avi otherwise :laugh:

Anyways, gave this thread enough clout, especially when we are going back and forth.

Twisting, Twisting

15 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Rihanna is damn sure more versatile than ANY other pop star peer of hers (including Taylor, Katy, Gaga, Beyoncé, etc.). And in Madonna’s time, songs literally charted because DJs were surveyed and asked what songs they played the most instead of all of that being tracked with accuracy. :deadbanana2:

Mmmm, u gonna have to argue on that one with others sis

however many ppl will disagree with u on that one.

Not here to start an off-topic argument tho

I don’t understand what sales or selling has to do with anything. It’s not like Drake did not / could not score top 10 when digital sales were the preferred way of consumption. 

And it has no relevance to the discussion, streaming is the way of consumption now and Drake dominates the way of consumption of his time. That’s exactly what BB charts are about. 
And this idea that accomplishment were so much difficult before is a false narrative. Looking at the old BB charts and albums’ trajectories, the bigger artists from before were not much bigger than the artists of today. 

Edited by BnPac

4 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I don’t understand what sales or selling has to do with anything. It’s not like Drake did not / could not score top 10 when digital sales were the preferred way of consumption. 

And it has no relevance to the discussion, streaming is the way of consumption now and Drake dominates the way of consumption of his time. That’s exactly what BB charts are about. 
And this idea that accomplishment were so much difficult before is a false narrative. Looking at the old BB charts and albums’ trajectories, the bigger artists from before were not much bigger than the artists of today. 

This is all that really needed to be said. I don't know why people can't just give credit where credit is due. People always bring up streaming when it comes to Drake's achievements like he wasn't debuting with over 500K pure/physical sale units with every project he dropped before streaming. Like he didn't have multiple top 10 hits before streaming (he had 13). It's all so tiring. 

He's the most dominant artist in the streaming era and it's not particularly close. When will people just admit that and give him his just due without trying to add asterisks to his achievements simply because he isn't a white bubblegum pop singer? 

Wait at me coming back :eli:

The narrative of "not taking the achievement because it's not a white pop girl" continuing :duck:

are yall really that shallow to instantly jump to that conclusion?

Okay okay, I am stopping

I'm allegedly barely allowed to breathe here

even tho only 2 people had the guts to quote me :eli:

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

The point is not if Drake is or is not a massively popular artist, which he is.

It's that you can't compare streaming era hits vs sales era hits. 

If we were still in the digital sales era do you think Drake would have achieved this "accomplishment" today? Probably not :stare:

10 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

The point is not if Drake is or is not a massively popular artist, which he is.

It's that you can't compare streaming era hits vs sales era hits. 

If we were still in the digital sales era do you think Drake would have achieved this "accomplishment" today? Probably not :stare:

He has 47 top 10 hits on the digital sales chart 

https://www.billboard.com/music/drake/chart-history/HDS

Canadians always wiN.  3 of the top 5 artists with the most monthly listeners on Spotify, now the artist w the most top 10s of ALL time :clap3:

5 hours ago, iHype. said:

If he was another white pop girl it'd still be a notable achievement, right? A black rapper getting the record dirties it.

Don’t pull the race card. Especially for Drake of all people :rip:

5 minutes ago, makeme said:

You as a Janet Jackson stan should be familiar with the consistent downplaying on ATRL of achievements by black artists on American charts I- :skull:

Fact is, most of it is rooted in either xenophobia or racism. Ever since streaming made Hip-Hop and black artists dominant on the charts, the common phrases are "streaming ruined everything", "streaming made trash popular", "streaming ruined achievements", " a #1 isn't valuable anymore", etc. 

Yet when Taylor/Billie/Ariana dominate on streaming, suddenly its nothing but applause and congrats to their achievements. People did not post when Ariana had the entire top 3 how streaming ruined the charts and the record was useless. They gave her props and applauded her overwhelmingly. 

The negative attitude towards this stems from the dismissal of Hip-Hop (and black culture to an extent) on this website. 

10 minutes ago, makeme said:

What the hell does this even mean? 

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

You as a Janet Jackson stan should be familiar with the consistent downplaying on ATRL of achievements by black artists on American charts I- :skull:

Fact is, most of it is rooted in either xenophobia or racism. Ever since streaming made Hip-Hop and black artists dominant on the charts, the common phrases are "streaming ruined everything", "streaming made trash popular", "streaming ruined achievements", " a #1 isn't valuable anymore", etc. 

Yet when Taylor/Billie/Ariana dominate on streaming, suddenly its nothing but applause and congrats to their achievements. People did not post when Ariana had the entire top 3 how streaming ruined the charts and the record was useless. They gave her props and applauded her overwhelmingly. 

The negative attitude towards this stems from the dismissal of Hip-Hop (and black culture to an extent) on this website. 

This is the whole truth and anyone who tries to act otherwise is either ignorant or is being obtuse on purpose. 

Either way, watch how everyone on this site praises Taylor for her streaming achievements next week when folklore impacts the charts, yet when Drake breaks or sets any record, it's always talk about how it's irrelevant or it isn't the same as other eras. Every single time. 

7 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Do charts stats like this mean anything anymore? :shakeno::michael:

the list isn't crowded by fads nor new artists so i think the title remains impressive

Edited by TipToe

@iHype.Is legit killing y'all. Please just stop and admit you dislike black artists.

7 hours ago, makeme said:

There be Karen’s in Atrl????

On 7/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, liberalmusiclover said:

Exactly. 

Rihanna surpasses Madonna #1s. 
White gays: “FEATURES!”

Drake surpasses her top 10s. 
White gays: “STREAMING!”

Ignoring the fact that most of Madonna’s hits predate Soundscan so they might be less accurate achievements than the other artists have accomplished. 

:bibliahh:

sabu.png they love to gaslight but y'all ain't lying 

I don't even like Drake that much and even I notice the narrative that "he's only a chart success because of rap dominating streaming" being pervasive since 2016.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.