• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• slw84

• Armani?

• Iamsorare

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Stevie Wonder & Marvin Gaye do too

Oh. I meant like recent artists I guess  but wow joining a list of legends! :clap3:

But honestly someone needs to make a list of who has achieved this. I know Bey technically has done it in 4 (with DC) and Mariah (with Aiwfc) and I think Gaga, Drake, Britney maybe Maroon 5 also have 3 too. I feel like I'm missing some but yeah

Just now, FAME. said:

Oh. I meant like recent artists I guess  but wow joining a list of legends! :clap3:

Also Smokey Robinson by technicality. 

Since they renamed the Miracles, "Smokey Robinson & The Miracles" in the 60s. Then he had hits in the 80s:skull:

18 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Stevie Wonder & Marvin Gaye do too

yes Usher actually has #1s in 3 decades so he gets an extra kudos.

it's good for chris brown to have top 10s in 3 different decades but it's not that uncommon in comparison to #1s which janet, britney, madonna, beyonce, usher and many others achieved.

aretha has top 10s in 3 decades too and it's a good look on chris' end to join the company

Jermaine Jackson technically went top 10 in 3 different decades if including Jackson 5:skull:

Just now, Armani? said:

Jermaine Jackson technically went top 10 in 3 different decades if including Jackson 5:skull:

Lmao I mean if DC is included for Bey. I don't see why not :lmao:he's a Jackson though so he's already iconic regardless 

Break my heart re-peak at #17... the song has peaked on radio so it's safe to say that Dua will hold the record along with Trevor Daniel -the songs that reached #1 on pop radio but they had the lowest hot 100 peak-

1 minute ago, FAME. said:

Lmao I mean if DC is included for Bey. I don't see why not :lmao:he's a Jackson though so he's already iconic regardless 

He barely got it. Wiki said "I Want You Back" entered the top 10 in the last week of December 1969:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Iamsorare said:

Break my heart re-peak at #17... the song has peaked on radio so it's safe to say that Dua will hold the record along with Trevor Daniel -the songs that reached #1 on pop radio but they had the lowest hot 100 peak-

great for her standards

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

but groups are separate acts from solo efforts. C'mon now:ace:

9 minutes ago, slw84 said:

yes Usher actually has #1s in 3 decades so he gets an extra kudos.

it's good for chris brown to have top 10s in 3 different decades but it's not that uncommon in comparison to #1s which janet, britney, madonna, beyonce, usher and many others achieved.

aretha has top 10s in 3 decades too and it's a good look on chris' end to join the company

Yeah perhaps but it's kind of hard (virtually impossible) to get a #1 without support or being embraced by pop radio/metrics. So. 

Still booking top 10's (and in multiple decades) is a feat enough for me. Especially considering

3 minutes ago, slw84 said:

but groups are separate acts from solo efforts. C'mon now:ace:

Smokey Robinson found a loophole, just include your name with the group name.

Diana Ross did it too:rofl:

12 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Yeah perhaps but it's kind of hard (virtually impossible) to get a #1 without support or being embraced by pop radio/metrics. So. 

Still booking top 10's (and in multiple decades) is a feat enough for me. Especially considering

oh no this is very true.

Chris brown is defying the odds for sure.

I'm just pointing out that it actually isn't uncommon as lot of urban acts were able to get that feat but they couldn't get the #1 like Usher and Janet did well and now Beyonce.

Who knows Chris might go #1 if the video and radio gets on board at pop.

Weeks at No. 1, Title, Artist, Date Reached No. 1
18, "Iris," Goo Goo Dolls, Aug. 1, 1998
16, "Blinding Lights," The Weeknd, April 18, 2020

:jonny5: It's coming for the record

To be fair Blinding Lights record will be more impressive because when Iris got the record urban and country radio formats  weren't included on the overall radio chart so The Boy Is Mine would probably have gotten some weeks at #1 on Radio Songs if urban radio was included at that time.

13 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Smokey Robinson found a loophole, just include your name with the group name.

Diana Ross did it too:rofl:

But that was to secure more money for shows/concerts.

Diana ross has 6 #1 hits and Diana Ross and the supremes have 12 #1s

When Mariah carey #1 hit last and this year got her to collect her 19th #1 she didn't break  a tie with Diana ross because it's recognized as 6  as a solo.

Nonetheless to say Diana as a solo and with the girl group the Supremes is the most accurate and doesn't serve alternative facts trickery..

IT's all good either way.

16 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Man, Ya'll can't tell me Chris wouldn't have 15 #1s if things went differently. Him doing this without support and with no trickery bundles/stunts just demand confirms it.

He'd probably have the most #1 hits and have done the Superbowl and be called the new MJ for real not just marketing.

Good that he's still in the game either way.

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Man, Ya'll can't tell me Chris wouldn't have 15 #1s if things went differently. Him doing this without support and with no trickery bundles/stunts just demand confirms it.

He'd probably have the most #1 hits and have done the Superbowl and be called the new MJ for real not just marketing.

Good that he's still in the game either way.

ok sis.

...anyway, looking forward to next week's t10.

DaBaby's 'Rockstar' Rules Hot 100 for Seventh Week, Drake Debuts Record 39th & 40th Top 10s

fd3a2acc2a6cfc5a37dd3e57ffc07c7e.1000x10

DaBaby

ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch)

Move: Steady    Peak: #1(7x)    Weeks in Top 10: 13

83521312fcf4bfe43444c8044bb97be5.1000x10

Jack Harlow

WHATS POPPIN (feat. DaBaby, Tory Lanez & Lil Wayne)

Move: Up 1    Peak: #2(2x)   Weeks in Top 10: 5

f84c3f04df02a4890ac3cc295296de69.1000x10

DJ Khaled

POPSTAR (feat. Drake)

Move: HOT SHOT DEBUT    Peak: #3   Weeks in Top 10: 1

22ca9d47b12db20bbfc88da431fba87b.1000x10

The Weeknd

Blinding Lights

Move: Steady    Peak: #1(4x)   Weeks in Top 10: 23

304d278d789c02a9878bbe2bcf0199c8.1000x10

SAINt JHN

Roses (Imanbek Remix)

Move: Up 3    Peak: #4    Weeks in Top 10: 8

22f09337549b4f70829a4d1e413ed734.1000x10

Megan Thee Stallion

Savage Remix (feat. Beyoncé)

Move: Steady    Peak: #1   Weeks in Top 10: 13

Watermelon_Sugar_-_Harry_Styles.png

Harry Styles

Watermelon Sugar

Move: Up 4    Peak: #7    Weeks in Top 10: 3

05fed15029ca4c7bb0683e188bd5775c.1000x10

DJ Khaled

GREECE (feat. Drake)

Move: DEBUT    Peak: #8   Weeks in Top 10: 1

ddfa455ab8b468481e1b444efd2a00e3.1000x10

Juice WRLD & Marshmello

Come & Go

Move: Down 7    Peak: #2   Weeks in Top 10: 2

d0617dbe625456f4ead2cdd00fcff3cb.1000x10

Chris Brown & Young Thug

Go Crazy

Move: Up 19    Peak: #10   Weeks in Top 10: 1

Edited by Ger-55

Hope WS goes top 5 next week :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Hope WS goes top 5 next week :clap3: 

did you forget this week's album BOMB?

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

did you forget this week's album BOMB?

I kind of did. Yeah, next week won't be possible :rip:, hopefully the next one..

32 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

ok sis.

...anyway, looking forward to next week's t10.

The potential was there and dude just messed up...but he's such a powerhouse that he is getting his hits without the backing of the industry.

He got what he deserved...i'm just saying...this is even more evident when he has such a strong demand on streaming.

Looking forward to the Taylor hot 100 singles bomb next week. clear some of these tracks OUT.

1    ROCKSTAR    37,16
2    WHATS POPPIN    30,53
3    POPSTAR    26,34

8    GREECE    19,05

10    Go Crazy    18,07

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.