Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

180,601 posts in this topic

A collab with Taylor can't sound good, imagine the live performances, I-

4tBYgJh.gif

2 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

4tBYgJh.gif

They'd both look awkward considering they can't dance.They can kiss at the end of the performance at the VMAs tho.

4tBYgJh.gif

if it's something mature like wildest dreams/the one that got away it'll be HAC candy

5 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

4tBYgJh.gif

Fnfnjdfnf i don’t even want to imagine it, it sounds like a Bon Appetit SNL sized mess 

4tBYgJh.gif

1 hour ago, SilencePlease said:

4tBYgJh.gif

well that would be a good context to overshadow Ms. Alison singing circles around her so I wouldn't mind :sistrens:

taylor single is solo and we're happy

giphy.gif

So I was meltdowning the whole day for nothing?

Srodna slika

But honestly I can't be happier

So I was celebrating the whole day for nothing ? 

VoAoldN5_400x400.jpg

So the collab doesn't exist (as far as we know)

The alternate ending is a joke 

Well..just great

I don't have to explain how I feel about the other girl.

Some inspiration in this scene:

0:25

When you think pragmatically about the collab:

The needs:

• Katy has good control over the non-US countries and can use some boost in the US. Lining up with a large base hidden in conservative America can be helpful.
  • Taylor is realizing that the GP is ignoring her for the second era in a row, noticed that the GP are thirsting for NRO and swiftly used the diplomatic channels to accelerate the peace process. She is weak and getting targeted by the hate train.

The potential gains:

• For Katy: If the other girl's quality stays low, her loss of identity/brand becomes overwhelming and goes too far in politics. They can switch to Katy because the quality is better, there is a sense of identity/brand,... and if they want someone on the Democratic side, they can go for the girl who has campaigned for the Democrats a long time.
  • For Taylor: A deal with Katy is a package deal with many friends, allies, daughters,... in the show business.landscape-1469118841-elle-web-taylorfued                              Like joining NATO to avoid being chased around by everyone in show business, it doesn't matter if they are in music, movies, comedy,...

The chances to achieve it:

• Katy has the advantage of getting 4 sounds/eras in pop music right: pop rock era, dance pop era, post-Adele minimalism (E.T. told the rest that going urban influenced is a good idea), popularized trap among the pop girls,... and it is quite possible for her to match the sound exactly with the underlying (hidden) desires, needs,... of the GP. People forget that the global audiences for many music genres in many decades don't know English and are only feeling/using/enjoying the sound, the music,... They can't tell the difference between good or bad lyrics. It has always been like this, that's why Max Martin writes in syllables and arranges it like notes. DJ/Producers also don't care about the words, just slap anything on it as long it sounds right in terms of notes, melodies,... We can feel the surging organic demand for NRO.
  • Taylor got her sound in pop music only right in 2014/2015 because of recycling TD and PRISM. She is unlikely to find out what the GP wants in half a year, in 1 year, in 2 years,... and unlikely to match her sound with what the hidden wants, desires, needs,... of the GP for the second time. She is trained as words writer, but is illiterate in finding the right pop music sound for winning the GP on the other side of the English Channel, the US-Mexican border,... and isn't a good audiovisual artist. She booked venues in Germany and the Netherlands because the Netherlands is historically intertwined with England and the Germans looked up to England for centuries.

The strategic outcome can be potentially very favorable for Katy and that's why there is no collab.

2 hours ago, SilencePlease said:

4tBYgJh.gif

She would be dragged around by Katy's vocals, moving a lot on the stage,...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Recidive said:

Exactly!!! 

Katy used to be one of the few white female artists whose music was played on urban radio and who was supported by African Americans and that’s one of the main reasons why she was so successful during her peak. Yeah, she lost their support because of her Witness era image, but there still was a small chance that she’ll win them back, but if she really collabs with the whitest pop girl ever, well, it’s over.

Yep. Katy is global in crossing the language, culture and race borders.

3 hours ago, Recidive said:

So I was meltdowning the whole day for nothing?

Srodna slika

But honestly I can't be happier

A RELIEF TBH

Glad the collab isn't real. Nothing against Taylor but I just don't think it would work.

4tBYgJh.gif

U gerlies dont get it, collabing with Ms Alison is literally the worst. Taylor is seen as the bigger person here, Katy as the loser friend who got back with her popular bff, we don't want her to be Gretchen Weiners, we want her to be just like Cady, winning in the end and getting the respect she deserves, right now Katy's earning it by wearing her prom crown aka NRO, breaking them into pieces handing it out to all the okhs, liddos, critics, pitchfork, taylors playlist, every stan/fan, str8 or gheys. Baby steps at getting that respect back. 

Having the same pop sound is not enough to justify a collab. Her sins does not warrant this. Im happy as hell it's not happening. 

Worms for brains for those who want that collab. 

27 minutes ago, Legendairy said:

U gerlies dont get it, collabing with Ms Alison is literally the worst. Taylor is seen as the bigger person here, Katy as the loser friend who got back with her popular bff, we don't want her to be Gretchen Weiners, we want her to be just like Cady, winning in the end and getting the respect she deserves, right now Katy's earning it by wearing her prom crown aka NRO, breaking them into pieces handing it out to all the okhs, liddos, critics, pitchfork, taylors playlist, every stan/fan, str8 or gheys. Baby steps at getting that respect back. 

Having the same pop sound is not enough to justify a collab. Her sins does not warrant this. Im happy as hell it's not happening.

Then we also avoided a disaster.

It might be different in the US. Last time the GP has heard of Taylor was 2014 or maybe 2015, that would make her the loser friend.

49 minutes ago, katykater said:

Then we also avoided a disaster.

It might be different in the US. Last time the GP has heard of Taylor was 2014 or maybe 2015, that would make her the loser friend.

++

Posted (edited)

a collab with Gloria would make me unstan in a heartbeat tbh. :clown:

Bookmarking this thread for when the collab is real but just delayed until August or something to allow their solo efforts to shine. :fan:

5 hours ago, Legendairy said:

Worms for brains for those who want that collab. 

Agreed :spin:

Mr.s basically confirmed it though so how do you guys know it's not happening? 

If Taylor really has 26 tracks on her album I can easily see a Katy collab thrown in that tracklist. As Katy said time is the ultimate truthteller.  

Also why else would Katy be at Taylors house? :huh:

I still dont get why the good sis would post a cryptic pic of cookies and tag taylor for nothing :deadbanana: 

The collab will be Katy's second single.It is there waiting to happen.I just know it.

4tBYgJh.gif

Why is this era so boring 

28 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

Why is this era so boring 

Because katy hasn't been doing anything to promote her song and her fans dislikes anything that katy and her team planted so the jokes is on them 

but hey, it's already better than the whole three years hiatus when PRISM era ended :cm: