“cardigan” struggling on iTunes. Why?

Brikenbur

Usually Taylor would have the #1 song upon its release on iTunes, but, Country megastar Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani currently hold the top spot. Also, “cardigan” is already receiving light green updates. Why? :foxaylove3:

People are buying the full record. There's a reason why the number one song on AM is The 1 and not cardigan. People are clearly using folklore as complete package. 

Yeah, people are buying the album. Also, because it was all released at once, there are a couple of other songs on the album over-shadowing it.

A 4 minutes folk song not smashing straight out the gate in 2020 2 minutes trap song climate? Unbelievable.

People are more focused on the album, it's hard for a single to smash simultaneously.

The people are spending over 100$ on the album instead

giphy.gif

It's doing better on AM. 

we're busy buying 16 physical copies of the album and streaming on spotify/apple

People are buying the album from her site sixteen times over. Who's gonna buy an iTunes single when you can already get the whole album with a custom cover? The online shop on taylorswift.com has surpassed iTunes.

2kh40Ud.png

32 minutes ago, Blue. said:

A 4 minutes folk song not smashing straight out the gate in 2020 2 minutes trap song climate? Unbelievable.

I think we're way past trap but I agree with people saying it's because the whole album was released along with it

part of me wishes she would've dropped Cardigan at least a day or two before the album tbh

People are busy buying and streaming the whole album :cm:

Because her fan base is not as big as it once was so she can no longer dominate on all fronts. 

Everybody is buying physicals/merch. 

littlebodybigheart

because it was dropped alongside the album? i thought we knew this!

no one uses itunes anymore. she's smashing AM (and Spotify), the relevant platforms.

It was a surprise release.. no reason to buy the single if you can buy the album.

56 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

part of me wishes she would've dropped Cardigan at least a day or two before the album tbh

i think the expectations would get so high that the album would not match it. a surprise release gets past that.

Blake and Gwen performed on the today show this morning otherwise they’d be number 2

Cause Taylor is now a streaming artist :fan:

Cardigan is not currently being formally promoted as a single. People are buying and streaming the full project.

Why would the song smash anyway? It’s fits nowhere on radio and isn’t trend hopping or produced by Max Martin :rip:

She’s always been an albums artist, and it’s smashing. 

1 hour ago, montacelo said:

Because her fan base is not as big as it once was so she can no longer dominate on all fronts. 

how sad for Her; guess we'll see what She can scrape up on BB200

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.