Folklore eligible for Diamond in China; breaks Lover record

peterstyles13

44 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Why aren’t the other girls (artists in general) selling like her?

tTZgazc.gif

banned in China :eli:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• therapywu

• Ally Maine

• Ash12345

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

Around the same as when ASIB went #1 a second time, yes.

:deadbanana: 

The way some of you are still TRYING to discredit their numbers when the IFPI itself counts them. Also, if you discover that every market has their very own purchasing power, you better go back to school :rip: 

Edited by Squall

:ahh: 

:bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Ally Maine said:

Because Taylor has more demand in China. I just would never brag about albums sold at 2.86 dollars, but that's just me. 

That's the price of an album in a developing country. You have issues with global economics scales? Go complaining that to WTO, Karen.
Other western artists have the same price range, too. But I don't see you having an issue with that.

People still trying it with China’s sales when the IFPI accounts for it :deadbanana4:

Imagine thinking some random fomo > IFPI :deadbanana2:

OT: Diamond before its been rihleased :jonny5:

4 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Damn :dies:

OT: The absolute power :jonny5:

7 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

:deadbanana::ahh:

Congratz! :clap3:

500k preorders, which means 2x Diamond eligible

poll] Taylor's best track five? - Base - ATRL

Edited by Squall

peterstyles13
9 minutes ago, Squall said:

500k preorders, which means 2x Diamond eligible

poll] Taylor's best track five? - Base - ATRL

Since the album is allegedly 25 yuans, the threshold is actually 400K for 2x Diamond. Queen is coming for 3x Diamond by the end of her first day of sales :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

Since the album is allegedly 25 yuans, the threshold is actually 400K for 2x Diamond. Queen is coming for 3x Diamond by the end of her first day of sales :deadbanana4:

So 600k? Omg so huge :deadbanana2: 

Do you know what this counter: 13:56:24 means? Thought it was the countdown before the release but it's been at the same number for a long time

peterstyles13
2 minutes ago, Squall said:

Do you know what this counter: 13:56:24 means? Thought it was the countdown before the release but it's been at the same number for a long time

It is counting down, rn it's at 12:46:00. The thing is albums "officially" come out at midnight in China (not noon) so they just used that time for the countdown

Edited by peterstyles13

littlebodybigheart
10 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

y’all play too much :deadbanana2:

11 hours ago, Rev8 said:

banned in China :eli:

no true, an artist as controversial as Madonna is not banned in China. As far as I know, all main pop girls are not banned in China. 

and to some ignorant ppl here laughing at 25 yuan, geez, so full of ignorance and privilege. and u should google the concept of buying power. Some cities in China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen, are rich and developed, but not the whole China which is still a developing country.According to Wiki, measured by per capita nominal GDP, China ranks 65th with just over 10,000 dollars, while the U.S.A ranks 7th with over 65,000 dollars! Even though 25 yuan to Chinese people is probably not exactly the same as 25 dollars to Americans, it is close to that.  Actually, even the prices of ITunes are not in the same range across the globe. For instance, it is pretty cheap in countries like Russia. The same product selling at different prices in the world is so common. A small bottle of coke in China is around 3-5 yuan (less than 1 Aus dollars), but the same item in Australia is around 3 Aus dollars!. So Chinese people and Cococola should be laughed at because people only pay less than 1 Aus dollars in China???!!!!:cm:

11 hours ago, Blue G said:

China sales are soo fraudulent and things like this just add to it

Things like what and how this thing makes the sales fraudulent? or just according to ur biased assumption? and The platform faked the number for what purposes? Taylor paid it to do that? then why not a bigger number? Also, as far as I know, IFPI has included the sales from China and QQ music is one of the major platforms. Therefore, u r suggesting IFPI is a fraud, too? :clap3:

15 hours ago, Ally Maine said:

Because Taylor has more demand in China. I just would never brag about albums sold at 2.86 dollars, but that's just me. 

Are you dumb? :rip: You think Taylor controls currency?

15 hours ago, Ally Maine said:

Didn't y'all brag about an album that sold like 30% of that 1.1m it debuted with for NINTENY-NINE CENTS tho? Y'all still claim the 1.1m. :deadbanana2:

8 hours ago, therapywu said:

no true, an artist as controversial as Madonna is not banned in China. As far as I know, all main pop girls are not banned in China. 

wasnt gaga banned tho

8 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

Are you dumb? :rip: You think Taylor controls currency?

Who said that, dummy?

33 minutes ago, Ally Maine said:

Who said that, dummy?

As if Taylor can help that the Chinese currency isn't worth **** compared to the USD. She still set a record with the album. The album is not being sold for 2.86 dollars, but for a regular price in China. You can't express Chinese spending power in US dollars. Good luck with that high school dropout logic. Worry about your flop fave's only commercial success' 99 cents deal instead.

Edited by touchofmyhand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.