International songs charting in Spotify Russia!

gotportugal

Since Spotify recently debuted in Russia, it should be interesting to check out which international hits are strong enough to chart in their top50, since Russia also has a strong national music market:

2. Blinding Lights

5. ROCKSTAR

6. How You Like That

13. POPSTAR 

16. Watermelon Sugar

19. Toosie Slide

24. Roses (Imanbek Remix)

26. Come & Go

31. Savage Love

35. WHATS POPPIN Remix

43. Break My Heart

47. THE SCOTTS

How do you see this? Are there top 50 songs for each country Spotify launched last week? 

who is Popstar by?

1 hour ago, Paula Abdul said:

It's common practice in Russia. 

We are listening mostly Western music tho. 

really? I thought yall mostly listen russian rap songs

isn't that the trend in RU rn?

and at times, dance pop tracks

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

who is Popstar by?

Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez and Ava Max are very popular among pop girls. Dua by miles, she's everywhere here from 2017. 

Katy, Madonna, Britney are, like, legacy acts without current hits. Katy just joined.

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

who is Popstar by?

Yes, Russian boring awkward rap on the trend since 2008. Basic local pop are 30% of the main popular music here.

Can't say about trends since almost every song can be a hit here with a good promotion. 

3 hours ago, FENTY. said:

How do you see this? Are there top 50 songs for each country Spotify launched last week? 

it's on the spotify app. just Russia so far I think, probably the other countries haven't reached enough streams yet to make a proper chart

not surprised to see global icons Blackpink and Dua Lipa here tbh. :michael:

2 hours ago, Paula Abdul said:

Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez and Ava Max are very popular among pop girls. Dua by miles, she's everywhere here from 2017. 

Katy, Madonna, Britney are, like, legacy acts without current hits. Katy just joined.

Dua is truly the new Queen of Europe today huh :clap3:

I saw that Madonna and Britney were 2 of the biggest pop girls in Russia (along with Gaga (thanks to TF)) with the new Chartmasters update
for RUS certifications so they've done their job :fan:

2 hours ago, Paula Abdul said:

Yes, Russian boring awkward rap on the trend since 2008. Basic local pop are 30% of the main popular music here.

Can't say about trends since almost every song can be a hit here with a good promotion. 

Tbh this is for the whole Eastern European region..at least from what I've seen. that's why I speculated that it is that way

but recently, it's been getting more and more..

Would be Interesting to know the streaming figure for the international and local act, e.g. t.A.T.u.

21 hours ago, FENTY. said:

Ukraine is also available now

tumblr_inline_o8c61zet8O1rtl2hx_500.gif

19 hours ago, Paula Abdul said:

Well, we ABSOLUTELY  love to hear that

tumblr_inline_o8c61zet8O1rtl2hx_500.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.