US iTunes Album: Hwasa's Maria #1

Phoenixstar

HWASA 1st Mini Album - MARIA

Stream the song

You can listen to great song from here

Okay, wait a minute. I haven’t cared much about kpop since 2013-ish, and most of what I’ve heard from groups that have recently seeped into the west, just sound like noise to me. but I decided to give this a listen on a whim and it’s actually SO GOOD? Like, FANTASTIC. Also, I was looking at some pictures of her on last.fm while listening, and this woman is breathtakingly beautiful. I just have to stan!

:jonny4:

23 minutes ago, Anthem said:

Okay, wait a minute. I haven’t cared much about kpop since 2013-ish, and most of what I’ve heard from groups that have recently seeped into the west, just sound like noise to me. but I decided to give this a listen on a whim and it’s actually SO GOOD? Like, FANTASTIC. Also, I was looking at some pictures of her on last.fm while listening, and this woman is breathtakingly beautiful. I just have to stan!

Stan all of them tbh MAMAMOO is the vocal Queen :jonny2: 

14 minutes ago, Mix said:

Stan all of them tbh MAMAMOO is the vocal Queen :jonny2: 

I will dip into them tomorrow! :duca: Which album should I start with?

4 minutes ago, Anthem said:

I will dip into them tomorrow! :duca: Which album should I start with?

I will have to try to be as unbiased as possible. I will have to say that you should start with Melting, their first full album, dabbled into retro, jazz, and pop sounds. It might be much accessible and easier to grab your attention with their vocals. 

Once you like that album, I think the next one would be great idea to get into is their "4 seasons 4 colors" project where they released 4 mini albums (EP) based on the seasons and members' colors.

Spoiler

To give you more details on "4 seasons 4 colors": 

The first one is Yellow Flower, which invokes the spring feeling that can be translated into the moment that you fall in love with someone. Hwasa is the first one from that album, just because her name means flower (Hwasa). 

The second one is Red Moon which invokes the summer vibes and you are having this passion/sensual with your partner. Moonbyul played this role, hence the name.

The third one is Blue;S which invokes the autumn vibe and this is when you are having heartbreak/breaking up with your partner. Solar played that role, the "S" in album title is Solar.

The last one is White Wind which invokes the winter to spring, where rather than feeling upset over the break up, you just get over it and enjoy treating yourself because life is way too short for that. Wheein played that role because her name Wheein sounds like wind. 

3 hours ago, Anthem said:

Welcome sis. Dont forget to take a listen to Hwasas own TWIT, some of Mamamoos (her group) material and EXO, the kings. They truly have a discography full of gems. Currently obsessed with «Thunder» (EXO-K)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.