One Rude Boy

Has the US done more harm than good in the world?

Has the US done more harm than good?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Has the US done more harm than good?

• Harm
    • Good

One Rude Boy

Has the US done more harm or good in the world?

Consider positives, such as pioneering democracy and its hub for incredible entrepreneurship and innovation - in entertainment, finance, tech, and the like.

Also consider negatives, such as the endless wars and international conflicts at the hands of the US, as well as the deep-rooted history of racism and colonialism

What do you think? Overall, in its 243 years of existence, has the US done more harm or more good for the world?

Edited by One Rude Boy

Wonderland

I think it fluctuates.

Currently I'd say they're harming, but it's pretty hard to overlook the historical fact that the US played a big part in stopping the triumph of the Axis powers during World War 2, which would've destroyed any semblance of life as we know it today so...

It's complicated :cm:

One Rude Boy
2 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

I think it fluctuates.

Currently I'd say they're harming, but it's pretty hard to overlook the historical fact that the US played a big part in stopping the triumph of the Axis powers during World War 2, which would've destroyed any semblance of life as we know it today so...

It's complicated :cm:

Totally agree, I think that's why it's such a hard question to firmly place an opinion on

EOMM92

Has the US done anything good?

What am i missing? :lmao:

And dont come here with receipts of all those white people fundraisers for schools in Africa :rip:

One Rude Boy
2 minutes ago, EOMM92 said:

Has the US done anything good?

What am i missing? :lmao:

And dont come here with receipts of all those white people fundraisers for schools in Africa :rip:

dddd tea, but I'm from the US and Americans are extremely patriotic, so it's interesting how probably a large minority of Americans would come in here defending the US to the very core (I just asked this same poll on Twitter and its tied :rip:)

Edited by One Rude Boy

Caesar

I think more harm long term.

Everything they've done has 2x the amount of consequences. It's going to get to the point where it will get overwhelming.

Coklek92

US is kind of parasite that we should get rid of them but we can't bcoz we keep worshipping their mediocre music/film industry. I hate myself for this.

ZhWEBfg.gif

fentypark

more harm. anybody who thinks otherwise is completely delusional 

Caesar
3 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

US is kind of parasite that we should get rid of them but we can't bcoz we keep worshipping their mediocre music/film industry. I hate myself for this.

ZhWEBfg.gif

I mean eventually it'll probably collapse from within itself within a couple of years.

giphy.gif

Zac

There's any doubt about that? far more harm than good 

What the US made and still making to Latin-america and middle east is absolutely criminal 

rihannabiggestfan

I'd go with harm. The fact that even in the positives, democracy is listed, but we have rigged primaries with exit poll fraud :skull:

One Rude Boy
6 minutes ago, Zac said:

What the US made and still making to Latin-america and middle east is absolutely criminal 

There's only doubt in the US, but its vehement - nationalism is almost a cult here

giphy.gif

One Rude Boy
3 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I'd go with harm. The fact that even in the positives, democracy is listed, but we have rigged primaries with exit poll fraud :skull:

Right :rip: at this point the US touting being the leader of "democracy" is gaslighting at this point. Not to mention gerrymandering, which is the anti-thesis of democracy :deadbanana2:

Tropez
8 minutes ago, Zac said:

Lol I guess Europe are saints in the world. 

Lets talk about how Europe single handily colonized the world, then enslaved millions of Africans, then genocide the Natives, Africans, and Jews, then gave us two of the deadliest wars in history, then created maps in Africa and the Middle East that destabilized the region for decades, caused forced famines in India, created a system of white supremacy, enforced the idea of racial eugenics, caused Latin America, Africa and Asia to be in a state of economic debt, destabilize the regions again to control its resources. Having forced labor camps in Africa, creating an ethnic caste system to ensure whites are on top, and so on. 

So you mean to tell me after 500 years, with all the **** we are dealing with. Europe is okay, America is bad? 

Like what the Spanish, Germans, Russians, British, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgians and Italians have is far worse than the US 

Trent W

Obviously. But I feel the US has declined a lot, it feels like it’s about to collapse.

Ken Lee

I think just about every country has done more harm than good :skull:

Ramona16

Yes and it’s not even up for discussion 

Caesar
17 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Lol I guess Europe are saints in the world. 

Lets talk about how Europe single handily colonized the world, then enslaved millions of Africans, then genocide the Natives, Africans, and Jews, then gave us two of the deadliest wars in history, then created maps in Africa and the Middle East that destabilized the region for decades, caused forced famines in India, created a system of white supremacy, enforced the idea of racial eugenics, caused Latin America, Africa and Asia to be in a state of economic debt, destabilize the regions again to control its resources. Having forced labor camps in Africa, creating an ethnic caste system to ensure whites are on top, and so on. 

So you mean to tell me after 500 years, with all the **** we are dealing with. Europe is okay, America is bad? 

Like what the Spanish, Germans, Russians, British, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgians and Italians have is far worse than the US 

No where in that post did they say Europe is better. And the US just continued what the Europeans did (They are an extension of Europe afterall) 

Coklek92
29 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I mean eventually it'll probably collapse from within itself within a couple of years.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Obviously. But I feel the US has declined a lot, it feels like it’s about to collapse.

Collapse?? They are going self-destruct as we speak :-*

qH4KEPZ.gif?noredirect

Samsara

The US is the largest foreign aid country donor in the world providing an average of 50 billion dollars of financial aid annually to over 100 countries, and is also the largest financial contributor to international organizations such as the UN, WHO, NATO, etc.

Insanity

I'm a proud American so I say good

Tropez
6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

No where in that post did they say Europe is better. And the US just continued what the Europeans did (They are an extension of Europe afterall) 

More so directed to people whos countries have done just as bad or worse. No point in being a hypocrite. 

beyonceknowles

the u.s. is evil 

jesus del rey

It is complicated but I think it is leaning towards more harm than good. Yes they gave us the most of the modern day technologies like iPhones but for what? Destruction of the planet? Was it really worth it? Not to mention their Middle East and Africa politics, millions of civillians died for their greed. And they are still dying. 

jesus del rey
3 minutes ago, Samsara said:

The US is the largest foreign aid country donor in the world providing an average of 50 billion dollars of financial aid annually to over 100 countries, and is also the largest financial contributor to international organizations such as the UN, WHO, NATO, etc.

Yes US is sending aids to the countries that they destroyed. Such a saint. :heart2: