Why Are YouTube Views More Volatile Than Spotify Streams?

Pop Art

As confirmed by YouTube, BLACKPINK's new song has broken the 24 hour YouTube record with 86.3M views:

In contrast, the most streamed song in a whole week on Spotify racked up less streams (7 rings – 71.5M). It's been clear for some time now that YouTube views tend to be more volatile than Spotify streams – as in they often start much higher, but tend to dip below Spotify daily/weekly streams and are often overshadowed by them in the long run – but why do you think that is?

YOUTUBE has a WIDER REACH?? maybe??

because BP serves visuals and it's a more interesting way to "experience" the song for the first time. but eventually if I'm gonna play a song, it's easier to pull it up in my library than to run to YT again and re-watch it 

Youtube is a site you spend time on. Spotify is something you have on in the background for more people. Plus youtube is the most visited website in the world.

Isnt this easy to understand...?

2 hours ago, Cryptique said:

YOUTUBE has a WIDER REACH?? maybe??

Global reach. Spotify is still limited. 

Youtube formula changes all the time, I feel like Spotify is simpler in the sense of what it counts as a stream and what it doesn't

They're more easily manipulated. Also doesn't watching 0.01 seconds of a video give it a view anyway?

Edited by KillingYourCareer

YT is Global, literally every country (small or big) in the world use it. Spotify is still not big in every continent (especially Asia with more local streaming services dominating).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.