DaddyIssuesX

Would you continue a relationship if your partner cheated?

DaddyIssuesX

I couldn’t. The lack of moral compass and decency to go and bed someone else and think that the damage done won’t affect the relationship even if we bothered to continue :cm:  not to mention that small voice in your head reminding you that at one point he went behind your back and betrayed your trust would eventually get to me. Even if marriages I think it makes it even sadder.

So would you forgive/continue a relationship with your partner if they cheated and why?

State of Grace.

Cheating = end of the relationship.

The sooner people realize this, the better. 

bayonse

well it's not right but I've been there

I loved my ex girlfriend too much and couldn't get over her although she hurt me really badly. we never got back together cuz I have some dignity and I didn't want to but yeah after a month we started talking again and then became friends who occasionally had sex

I knew that she's toxic and we only talked about it once but the trust was already gone and I knew that I have to move on so I told her and we stopped seeing each other

5 months since then and sometimes I miss her but then I remember how much it hurt me when I saw her making out with that random guy so yeah you should move on and you will get over them eventually

zasderfght

There's a lot of factors that need to be taken into account...

1. Was this a one-night stand, or did this guy flat-out have a relationship or multiple hookup sessions with this person? 

2. Would they admit to me what they have done, or would I find out myself? 

3. Would this person apologize because they got caught, or would this person apologize because they were genuinely sorry and wanted to fix the relationship? 

4. Would this guy make a concerted and conscious effort to regain my trust? 

But to answer your question, I would ONLY take my partner back IF it was a one-night stand, he apologized to me and tried to make things better, AND he admitted to me he cheated. If he didn't do any of those... my answer would be leaning more towards no. 

XtinaPetras

I tried and it was a mistake. If someone cheats they've shown you who you they really are and how little they respect you and themselves. Their word becomes worthless. 

Revolution

maybe if he's hot

Taylucifer

no, i have self respect

queenoftheclouds

Never. The trust is gone and there would be too much pain.

I can't imagine my BF had another D in his A and we would still have S.

shookspeare

self respect i have , no

JoshBTW

I would end it but not because of the cheating itself. If it got to the point they felt they needed to cheat instead of talking openly about whatever they felt they needed then the relationship and trust is dead. 

YourNumber1Witch
1 minute ago, shookspeare said:

self respect i have , no

Wise words from master Yoda :gaygacat5:

Spoiler

But yes I agree!

I don’t think I could continue the relationship. I may miss the person a ton, but I don’t think I could trust them anymore. 

Jealous
5 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Never. The trust is gone and there would be too much pain.

I can't imagine my BF had another D in his A and we would still have S.

What if he lost his virginity to someone else before you

33 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

There's a lot of factors that need to be taken into account...

1. Was this a one-night stand, or did this guy flat-out have a relationship or multiple hookup sessions with this person? 

2. Would they admit to me what they have done, or would I find out myself? 

3. Would this person apologize because they got caught, or would this person apologize because they were genuinely sorry and wanted to fix the relationship? 

4. Would this guy make a concerted and conscious effort to regain my trust? 

But to answer your question, I would ONLY take my partner back IF it was a one-night stand, he apologized to me and tried to make things better, AND he admitted to me he cheated. If he didn't do any of those... my answer would be leaning more towards no. 

I like how detailed this is

4Real
41 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I think so too. It's a matter of trust. Once it's gone, it never goes back to what it was before and idk if other people can work with that bc everyone is different, but I personally think I couldn't.

Giancor

No :biblio: you shouldn't. 

I know it can be difficult but you can't make it work without trust.

ItsJim
Posted (edited)

Absolutely not. I don't have time for that.

Edited by ItsJim

ONOPKA

I see cheating as the ultimate betrayal

so NO!

understand it’s more difficult for people in other circumstances such as Couples with kids. But for me, I couldn’t live with that person any longer 

infrared
Posted (edited)

I think it depends on how invested I am and how bad the cheating was. No relationship is perfect. I'd rather try atleast once if it's worth the person.

I've been with guys who are married/straight and closeted (mostly by accident), or in an "open relationships"...so I can't say I'm perfect myself. Most people say their partner knows, but I highly doubt it. OR they don't even tell you they have a partner. OR they tell you after you've been hooking up for weeks :deadbanana2: 

Personally I try to stay away from anyone in relationships because even if they're open, it always becomes complicated. And it's very annoying when you spend all night with a cute guy just to find out he has a boyfriend. 

I would rather someone (im dating) talk to me first than **** someone random. 

Edited by infrared

IamCY

Nope. Can't see them the same way ever again. 

queenoftheclouds
1 hour ago, Jealous said:

What if he lost his virginity to someone else before you

I don't care what he does before we meet. I'm not a virgin too.

queenoftheclouds
18 minutes ago, infrared said:

I think it depends on how invested I am and how bad the cheating was. No relationship is perfect. I'd rather try atleast once if it's worth the person.

I've been with guys who are married/straight and closeted (mostly by accident), or in an "open relationships"...so I can't say I'm perfect myself. Most people say their partner knows, but I highly doubt it. OR they don't even tell you they have a partner. OR they tell you after you've been hooking up for weeks :deadbanana2: 

Personally I try to stay away from anyone in relationships because even if they're open, it always becomes complicated. And it's very annoying when you spend all night with a cute guy just to find out he has a boyfriend. 

I would rather someone (im dating) talk to me first than **** someone random. 

That's bad. As long as you end it after he tells you that he's in a relationship everything is good.

It's frustrating to know that after you have S with him he says he has a BF but it's not your fault. It's his fault that he didn't told you anything before S.

Drifting

Yes, I dont love myself enough. Cheat on me as much as you want, Ill stay with u cuz I wont find anyone better anyway :jonny:

Treebeard

Yes but only if he admits it himself with no questioning/prodding on my part. That watt the trust is still intact. 

Vitaly

When I was younger, stupid, lack of experience, and way more idealistic, way more angrier, I used to not play second chances.

But as I get older and experience more enriching things in life. And hopefully wiser. I would say yes. One final time. Everyone can have a slip. And the judgement will be from if the spouse is actually clean up his way. 

knee
Posted (edited)

Can’t say I was ever very attached to cookie cutter heteronormative monogamous relationships to begin with

Edited by knee

The Slayer
2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

this