Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

2jcPerx.png

Shoutout to @clue for the amazing banner!

Welcome to the return of ATRL Games section classic: Holy Trinity!

We all love a trinity, so why not base an entire game on vying to be a part of one?

Each round there will be challenge criteria in the form of a theme.  Your job is to creatively interpret that theme however you see fit and come up with THREE songs that work together to convey this theme.  Essentially you’re making a mini-playlist that works with the theme of each round but with an added twist of making them work together to make your interpretation spark or tell a story!

RULES:

How this game works is as mentioned above, you will create a trinity of songs that works with a particular theme, adding explanations or putting your own creative twist on how you convey your message.  Once you've got your trinity together you will submit to me via PM and once all the entries are complete they will ALL be posted in the thread. 

A panel of esteemed TBD judges will listen to, read, and critique your entries providing feedback on their impressions.  Unlike other games this won't be determined entirely on song quality or your personal taste but rather how your trinity works as a whole and how you interpreted the criteria.  Each of our judges will rank the entries and once placements are determined we will have a Golden Trinity (Top 3) and a Flop Trinity (Bottom 3).  The exciting twist of this game is the Golden Trinity will deliberate among themselves and choose one member of the Flop Trinity to eliminate.

Keep in mind that you can go from the Golden Trinity to the Flop Trinity in as little as one round so you'll always have to be on your toes and might even choose to create bonds along the way!  Once we reach the finale, the last Golden Trinity will be crowned our official Holy Trinity and will be the winners.

FOLDS (aka Twists)

Of course it isn't as easy as it sounds.  As you've probably guessed, this season has an Origami theme to it and we'll be introducing what are known as "folds" along the way.  These will work as special twists that will make certain challenges harder or force you to think outside the box.  At the same time, there will also be opportunities to win special powers known as Paper Cranes that can either help you out or can be applied towards a rival!

--

This might sound like a challenging game but trust me that this is going to be a very fun and chill experience, and will allow you to try out new things.  The aim of this game is to be creative and have fun with what you're doing.  Write a short story or a poem, create fun images or graphics, weave together your trinity in ways the judges aren't even expecting! 

If you have any questions about this game feel free to ask and I will answer them in the thread.  Please note I would prefer all entries to be submitted through ATRL only and not Discord/off-site.  You can start a PM thread with me with your first entry and keep it all contained that way.  Additionally I will be sure to include an example of what a basic trinity can look like once the first round is posted, so no worries if you're still unsure.

Remember: think creatively, think strategically, and think sensibly.... and have fun!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hug

....continue

finally, a music game I won't completely bomb in due to having poor taste

Just now, luckystrike said:

sign me up to minho’s first game and debut as host

Song of the Season exists ?

2 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

sign me up to minho’s first game and debut as host

we love a solo debut!

2 minutes ago, Hug said:

I love the banner, btw!

@clue made it :heart: let me add that credit to the OP

2. ughgabriel 

:duca: 

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

...continue

Not the best ATRL game of all time making a sudden return like this! So excited

Just as a little clarification as well:

A basic trinity (I will include an example when I post Round 1) is just sending three songs and writing explanations for how they fit the theme/together as a playlist/trinity.  You are more than welcome to do this with your entries, however I would say being creative is encouraged!

HOWEVER, if you don't have the time or the talent (like me hihi) to make graphics, don't feel discouraged!  This is NOT a requirement of the game, its just an added bonus that you may choose to use to enhance your entry.

--

JUDGE PANEL REVEAL TMRW PROB, be excite

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

7. Overprotected

8. clue

...continue

purr

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

7. Overprotected

8. clue

9. Dessy

...continue

purr

Sign me up. 

and mess not me having a game I wanted to host that is very similar to this lol. 

EXAMPLE OF A TRINITY

I understand that since this is an older ATRL game a lot of people haven't played it so I'll share below a VERY BASIC example of what an entry would look like!  For this particular example, assume the theme of the round was "HIGH SCHOOL".

HIGH SCHOOL TRINITY

Chapter 1: So Am I

The sound of the stapler echoed down the empty hallway.  I’m here, alone, stapling posters for the prom as if I have any reason to be excited.  Counting down the days like counting down the number of posters I’m supposed to put up before I can head home.  I don’t know why they even got me to do this.  Probably because everybody else is busy planning their outfits and i’m the only outcast that has no one to go with.  

The thing is nobody has even stopped to ask if I’d want to go.

Chapter 2: I Wanna Dance with Somebody

I was pacing again.  I caught myself just in time before someone turned the corner and saw me.  I quickly dipped behind a recycling bin, carefully peering out to see who it was.  Some… guy?  He was holding a red envelope of some kind and looked kind of nervous.  I don’t know if I’ve seen him around before.  

What if I were to ask him…?  Crazy thoughts start to spiral in my head.  Sure I could go by myself, that’s what my English teacher said, but all I want is to be asked.

Chapter 3: Teenage Dream

He briskly walked away but I didn’t notice what he did with that envelope since I was too busy lost in my own head.  I carefully stepped out and walked over to where he last stood.  Strange enough it was in front of my locker, and my heart started to race a little.  I walked up to my locker and shakily opened it, only for the red envelope to fall at my feet.

I peeled it open.  Turns out I have an admirer.  Maybe I’ll be going to the prom after all! 

Note how in this entry I tried to do something creative and cringe-worthy to portray the three songs I chose to fit this theme!  You don't have to do this, but you can see how it isn't actually as hard as it seems.  Of course this is super basic so you can come up with anything!

11 minutes ago, Dessy said:

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

7. Overprotected

8. clue

9. Dessy

...continue

purr

Omg king returns :chick3:

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

7. Overprotected

8. clue

9. Dessy

10. Not Like the Movies

...continue

formatting is going to be awful with this site's "upgraded" form fff

if you prefer to use google docs or something you can do so, and i'll just post the doc as your entry or something

1 hour ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Omg king returns :chick3:

I been waiting for another one of these (so I can flop again) blStADN.gif

1. Hug

2. luckystrike

3. disruptive

4. ughgabriel

5. Rence

6. Gay Rat Divorce

7. Overprotected

8. clue

9. Dessy

10. Not Like the Movies

11. MLD

...continue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.