Survivor: All Stars (ATRL Edition) | FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL!!!

rl231

plssssssss that vid

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rl231

• Element

• Yvess

• Bey_Rihstan

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my bby nick

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @dussymob @EriKills 

@kiiwii @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @Not Like The Movies

@Staryu @thecptz @Tom Vercetti @Yvess

@Astronomy @Dylan' @clue @supaspaz 

Welcome to Round 9!!

Tonight, you will have a choice: do you remain with your tribe and allies? Or do you desert them to protect your own life in this game?

All of you will be competing individually in this challenge. The six players who achieve the highest scores will be safe from the vote. The bottom six players will attend tribal council together, and will vote out one person amongst themselves. 

You thus have a few things to consider: Do I go for immunity and leave my tribe behind knowing that I might return to them afterwards? Do I try to score low and go to tribal council in order to vote someone out? Keep in mind that your targets are not changing, so you would have to end up at tribal council with your current target in order to have a shot at voting them out. Lots to think about here!!

The theme for Round 9 is...

Bring the Bridge Back

Again and again and again and agaaaaaaaaaaaaain 

This challenge is an ATRL Survivor classic (and my personal favorite). You guys will not send in a full song. We are focusing on only the bridges of songs this round. Your job is to find a bridge you believe elevates a track to a perfect climax before the final chorus. The panel will be judging not based on how well we like the track rather than how the bridge helps the track become a complete package. For example, some great songs have weak bridges so just because your song is great will not guarantee a high mark. 

You need to PM (in the SURVIVOR chat on Discord) us the song you are using through a video or link, as well as the times of the bridge and the lyrics. 

What To Do:

Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song, as well as the times of the bridge, the lyrics, and a link. Please don't use Discord to send songs as it will not count. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

We encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

As always, you CANNOT change your song once you submit.

Take Into Consideration:

The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

The example bridge for this round is "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift off her third album 'Speak Now'. This bridge was used by S4 castaway holyground for this very same round where he swept the competition gaining the highest overall mark for the round. The bridge to Enchanted fully elevates the track to a climax before the final chorus settles in on this fan favorite album track of Taylor's.

There is a list of banned songs from past seasons you may not submit this round. They are not all good entries so do not take inspiration from them all.

Spoiler

Adele - Rumour Has It

Ariana Grande - Break Free

Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You

Ashlee Simpson - Little Miss Obsessive

Avril Lavigne - Fall to Pieces

Avril Lavigne - Innocence

Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending

Avril Lavigne - When You’re Gone

Azealia Banks - 212

Barbra Streisand - Don't Rain on My Parade

Becky G - Shower

Beyoncé - Crazy In Love

Beyoncé - Listen

Britney Spears - Cinderella

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

Britney Spears - Overprotected

Bruce Springstreen - Born to Run

Christina Aguilera - Hurt

Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within

Demi Lovato - Heart Attack

Ellie Goulding - Explosions

Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal)

Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out

Florence + the Machine - What the Water Gave Me

Foals - Spanish Sahara

Idina Menzel - Let It Go

Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going

Katy Perry - E.T.

Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

Ke$ha - Crazy Kids

Ke$ha - Your Love Is My Drug

Kelly Clarkson - Because of You

Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

Kelly Clarkson - Sober

Kesha - Learn to Let Go

Kesha - Praying

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark

Lady Gaga - Do What U Want

Lady Gaga - Judas

Lady Gaga - Marry the Night

Lana del Rey - Ultraviolence

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift

Mariah Carey - Butterfly

Mariah Carey - Hero

Marina & The Diamonds - Teen Idle

Marina and the Diamonds - How to Be a Heartbreaker

Mumford & Sons - I Gave You All

P!nk - All We Are We Are

P!nk - Sober

Rihanna - Fire Bomb

Rihanna - You da One

Taylor Swift - All Too Well

Taylor Swift - Come Back... Be Here

Taylor Swift - Enchanted

Taylor Swift - Lover

Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods

Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams

Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight

Wicked - Defying Gravity

Entries due in <24 hours at 8 PM EST on Thursday, July 9th! Good luck, everyone.

I dont get it

wait that tribal council :eek:

sad to see king nick go :chick3:

now this round is inch resting. why did i not get to experience this?

25 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

wait that tribal council :eek:

sad to see king nick go :chick3:

now this round is inch resting. why did i not get to experience this?

right was there a bridge round during season 8

3 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

right was there a bridge round during season 8

i believe there was none

Jesus take the wheel

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @dussymob @EriKills 

@kiiwii @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @Not Like The Movies

@Staryu @thecptz @Tom Vercetti @Yvess

Welcome back to round 9! Results this round will play out a little differently. We'll be posting all the comments per judge WITHOUT their individual rankings, and then we'll be revealing who is safe...and who is not. 

Here were the entries for this round...

Bey_Rihstan Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby (2:40-3:07)
Buddy! Mary J. Blige - Family Affair (2:04-2:25)
dussymob Paramore - The Only Exception (2:34-3:20)
EriKills Kesha - C'mon (2:18-2:57)
kiiwii MUNA - Everything (2:53-3:20)
kipperskipper Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (1:54-2:23)
Lucky#17 Mariah Carey - Emotions (2:31-3:13)
Not Like the Movies Regina Spektor - Human of the Year (2:18-3:15)
Staryu Beyoncé - 6 Inch (feat. The Weeknd) (2:26-3:22)
thecptz Taylor Swift - Treacherous (2:06-2:41)
Tom Vercetti George Michael - Careless Whisper (2:44-3:11)
Yvess Rihanna - Only Girl (in the World) (2:49-3:20)

Additionally, we had NINE judges this round! We love differing opinions here. So we want to give a special shoutout to all of our guest judges (and former ATRL Survivor players!). We have our typical judges, myself, @Element, and...

@bowdown

oqEO3RO.gif

@touya kinomoto

omqXTk5.gif

and @Fruity!

UJfdwYq.gif

Thank you ALL for judging this round!!

Now...let's get started...on the next page!

idk i'm scared

tenor.gif

I smell a stunt

how many judges we have this round???

10??

I feel like im gonna have a HEART ATTACK..!

hmm

Nice entries 

Wow many judges

the flavour...

the fla..

@Astronomy

9FGtGNe.gif

Spoiler

Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby

That was a classic, that was a classic. One of my favorite songs ever, top 5 favorite Mariah song, and one of my favorite bridges by Miss Carey. Yes Miss Thang. Really brings us to the END.

Mary J. Blige - Family Affair

I-... Is it bad that I never considered this a bridge? It’s kind of like a breakdown to me, it just goes with the beat and isn’t… Climactic or anything. It’s just meshed into the rest of the song and doesn’t stand out well. I love the song though, another cookout classic at my house lmaooo. 

Paramore - The Only Exception

Chile this song is so overplayed. But anyway, this is a great bridge. The build up to it, the production shift, all of it. It flows so well and makes this song more than a boring ballad hdjsdfkdfg. Good job.

Kesha - C'mon

I forgot this song had a bridge, ngl. It’s okay, kind of basic, kind fo tame. Could’ve been better. It’s fine, but I’m not that interested.

MUNA - Everything

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this. It definitely elevated the song for me. Not bad.

Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

Okay, but… This is THE pop song bridge. Where are the other girls doing it like this? Honestly, this was *chef’s kiss* as a kid, and it still knocks.

Mariah Carey - Emotions

You win the round. The bridge onwards is just… Heavenly. Emotions is probably my favorite Mariah song for the whistle notes alone ngl.

Regina Spektor - Human of the Year

I was pleasantly surprised, actually. Not bad, not bad. Definitely an odd choice, but it’s a good standout. 

Beyoncé - 6 Inch (feat. The Weeknd)

I hear… God. This is such a ****ing moment. I love the way it just shifts and leads to an experience of a final chorus, then the outro WHEW. A song.

Taylor Swift - Treacherous

She’s no All Too Well, but she definitely tries. I think it could’ve been more… Dramatic, I think is the word I’m looking for? In a manner similar to All Too Well, it doesn’t lack that PUNCH. 

George Michael - Careless Whisper

It’s a classic, yeah, but it’s not the other girls here.

Rihanna - Only Girl (in the World)

I hate that when I hear this song, I only think of the girl on US X Factor butchering this with offkey vocals and reading the lyrics on her phone. Anyway, it’s not bad. It definitely works with the song. 

@clue

UZZkFGP.gif

Spoiler

First, I’m gonna say that this is one of my favorite songs ever. Anyway, the bridge is a classic sing-along moment and it definitely leads into a climax. Just not the BIGGEST climax ever. But still a climax nonetheless.

This barely feels like a bridge to me. It just melds with the rest of the song. There’s no production switch up or anything. She pops out a lil bit at the VERY end, but that was it for me.

Oh there’s an IMMEDIATE build up. Yup. The bridge is pretty much the highlight of the song, so there’s that.

Kesha - C'mon

I don’t have a whole lot to say about this one, it was good. I didn’t blow my wig off, but it was good.

MUNA - Everything

Oh yas. The build up was there. I like how the bridge worked here a lot.

Very shocked that this wasn’t used before. Anyway, the bridge is MASSIVE. 

Mariah Carey - Emotions

Very shocked that this wasn’t used before. [2] Anyway, this bridge features the climax of all climaxes, so VERY well done.

Come on Starbucks music. This one was a surprise attack for me. There’s a massive build up.

This one is so dramatic and it’s a very memorable part of the song. Pretty much *the* most memorable part of the song.

One of my favorite Taylor moments, I must say. It takes you on a ride. I do wish the build-up was a LITTLE more dramatic, though.

It doesn’t feel like a huge essential part of the song for me. The lyrics feel powerful, but it’s not giving me that *** chill that I’m wanting.

Yeah this bridge is substantial. It leads perfectly into the chorus.

@Dylan'

Nc21BEf.gif

Spoiler

I’m not sure. The bridge is nice but it doesn’t really elevate that final chorus all that much. 

I expected this to be so-so but it’s actually one of my favorites in the group. 

Now THIS is a bridge I want to bring back. 

Kesha - C'mon

Kesha has some of the best bridges in pop music as an overall package but I fear most of her great ones have already been used. This is good.

MUNA - Everything

This songs nice. Might have to get into whoever this is. This does build up very well instrumentally in the last ten seconds into the final chorus. 

This for real hasn’t been used? It’s the ultimate pop rock chorus. 

Mariah Carey - Emotions

One of the most favorable Mariah bridges to submit this round. Nice.

Definitely a wildcard entry but it works so well in comparison to the rest of the song. So interesting. 

The bridge is just sort of there? Though it is the best part of the song.

I really don’t think this stands out in Taylor’s bridge discography to begin with. It’s pleasant but it doesn’t really “elevate” the final chorus. 

Classic but it’s missing a punch that other songs submitted this round have.

Pretty standard. Not bad but Rihanna herself has better options and so do many other pop stars. It does build though, I’ll give you that. 

giphy.gif

yup here we go

UJfdwYq.gif

its over

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.