France: #12 Rain On Me (highest female debut of the year)

Kékette

eee.png

Source: https://snepmusique.com/les-tops/le-top-de-la-semaine/top-albums/?categorie=Top Singles

Lady Gaga, the currently biggest international artist in France, and 7 rings singer, debuts #12 on French Singles Chart with their song called "Rain On Me". Congratulations girls !

This is the 20th Top 20 for Lady Gaga, the last was in 2019 with her single "Always Remember Us This Way" (Certified Diamond). This is the 7th Top 20 for Ariana Grande, the last was in 2019 with her single "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" (Certified Gold).

Note that, the second single from Chromatica which create lot of buzz on french Twitter with viral tweets, did massive premium streams (1,429,534) and Youtube views (2,055,830). The futur smash hit is olso the biggest debut by female artists in 2020 on Spotify France (142,451). Very good start for La Vie En Rose's singer.

Highest female debuts of 2020 on French Singles Chart:
#12 Rain On Me, Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande
#26 No Time To Die, Billie Eilish
#29 Stuck With U, Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber
#32 Anissa, Wejdene
#34 1ère Fois, Imen Es Feat. Alonzo
#36 Stupid Love, Lady Gaga
#48 Believe It, Partynextdoor & Rihanna
#50 Chelou, Imen Es Feat. Dadju

Ariana Grande's Top 20 singles in France:
#02 7 Rings
#10 One Last Time
#12 Rain On Me
#12 Thank U, Next
#13 No Tears Left To Cry
#14  Problem
#16 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

Lady Gaga's Top 20 singles in France
#01 Perfect Illusion
#01 Bad Romance
#01 Poker Face
#02 Born This Way
#03 Shallow
#03 Applause
#03 Telephone
#03 Alejandro
#06 Paparazzi
#05 LoveGame
#07 The Edge Of Glory
#07 Judas
#07 Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
#08 Do What U Want
#08 Dope
#09 Venus
#12 Rain On Me
#14 Just Dance
#16 Hair
#18 Always Remember Us This Way

20 songs from 7 different eras.

Edited by Kékette

Almost top10 :weeps:

Great numbers for the best female collaboration in history:clap3:

Wow Gaga has a lot of top 10's there and Perfect Illusion went #1?

Perfect Illusion went #1 in France? Maybe it is time to move to France. :gaygacat1:

1 minute ago, jesus del rey said:

Perfect Illusion went #1 in France? Maybe it is time to move to France. :gaygacat1:

Yes, peaked #1, but it's a big flop too :fan: The chart-run like #1-#90 or something like that

No shade but how did Perfect Illusion go #1?

1 minute ago, Kékette said:

Yes, peaked #1, but it's a big flop too :fan: The chart-run like #1-#90 or something like that

Oh, so it is HIAM of France :fan: 

3 minutes ago, Mezik said:

it’s a fake #1, it was released during the SNEP mess where the streaming chart was not working so it was pure sales only for like 6months .:dies:

The chart run with streaming make more sense with a 31 debut and a second week in the 50 range.

OT: congrats :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Mezik said:

I guess it is the hype generated by a few viral things such as the Sound of Music tribute, Cheek to Cheek, her Super Bowl National Anthem performance, American Horror Story, etc.?

Everyone being rightfully confused at PI #1 :ahh:

3 minutes ago, Mezik said:

I think it was one of the last songs to chart with the old methodology (pure sales). 

Now the official charts have transitioned to streaming. 

6 minutes ago, Mezik said:

Sales. 2,500 people DL this song and voila, hop #1 ! Back to 2016, french singles charts was only sales. Now Sales + streaming.

@Emperor "it’s a fake #1" lol, nop, it's real & official. Bye.

Edited by Kékette

4 minutes ago, Emperor said:

it’s a fake #1, it was released during the SNEP mess where the streaming chart was not working so it was pure sales only for like 6months .:dies:

The chart run with streaming make more sense with a 31 debut and a second week in the 50 range.

OT: congrats :clap3:

It's real sis :deadbanana2:

The song bombed though after the peak. This is why I keep saying that longevity is better than a cute peak:skull:

OT: Congrats to both :clap3:

Edited by lepetitmonstr

Lady Gaga's Top 20 singles in France
#01 Perfect Illusion

T A S T E

Congrats Gaga and Ari :heart2:

13 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

It's real sis :deadbanana2:

The son bombed though after the peak. This is why I keep saying that longevity is better than a cute peak:skull:

OT: Congrats to both :clap3:

16 minutes ago, Kékette said:

Sales. 2,500 people DL this song and voila, hop #1 ! Back to 2016, french singles charts was only sales. Now Sales + streaming.

@Emperor "it’s a fake #1" lol, nop, it's real & official. Bye.

The official chart during PI release was only pure sales that's why PI going #1 is counted as a real #1 I did not deny that BUT it's also a fake #1 because it should have no go #1 during the release week if streaming was counted as it was supposed to be when the SNEP added the streaming chart.

Now about the chart in january 2016 SNEP added stream to the chart but they were struggling to count the stream so for a huge part of the year they decided to keep the streaming chart without counting the stream numbers. 

That's why a lot song released during this period got blocked yet were the real smash ,the best example being Tchikita by Jul that got blocked at #3 by a lot of random release from french artist that only do good on pure sales yet Tchikita is around 900k SPS while most of the song that blocked him are yet to go gold :skull:

La prochaine fois tu éviteras de me @ pour ça mon cher @Kékette :gaycat5:

Edited by Emperor

:clap3:

perfect illusion going #1 though :deadbanana2:

French liddos and their power :dies:

Perfect Illusion #1 :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.