Tennis | Aus Open | Venus prepares for 8th slam

22,604 posts in this topic

geddymonster

Garbiñe has really fallen off. :rip: Her serve used to be a weapon but now it's trash. I don't know why she changed her motion but it's doing absolutely nothing for her.

geddymonster

Vera's comeback has been impressive. She'll be just outside the top 50 if she wins the whole thing.

Slamless

RIP New Haven.

Hello Zhengzhou City(?)

:rip: 

Elite Four Brad
On 2/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, geddymonster said:

Garbiñe has really fallen off. :rip: Her serve used to be a weapon but now it's trash. I don't know why she changed her motion but it's doing absolutely nothing for her.

Sam Sumyk has ruined her completely, I'd say it's quite sad but she's also become quite a bitch with him as a coach.

6 minutes ago, Slamless said:

RIP New Haven.

Hello Zhengzhou City(?)

:rip: 

It's okay the tournament director was a bitch anyways in New Haven. But it's lowkey a mess than players are really going to fly from Nanchang from the week before to the US Open.

Slamless
Just now, Elite Four Brad said:

Sam Sumyk has ruined her completely, I'd say it's quite sad but she's also become quite a bitch with him as a coach.

I am rarely this pessimistic, but I actually think she is over unless she fires him and starts fresh. Which for some reason hasn't happened yet :rip: 

Elite Four Brad
2 minutes ago, Slamless said:

I am rarely this pessimistic, but I actually think she is over unless she fires him and starts fresh. Which for some reason hasn't happened yet :rip: 

i mean yeah if she doesn't get it together, her points from doha, monterrey and the french open semi are going to come off and she'll be done for good.  

jonasha

What kinda dummy will go to China and then have to go to the US Open in 2 days after. :skull:

geddymonster
13 minutes ago, jonasha said:

What kinda dummy will go to China and then have to go to the US Open in 2 days after. :skull:

Low-ranked players in need of the points.

geddymonster
19 minutes ago, Slamless said:

I agree that he has to go, but I don't think it's entirely a coaching problem.

Slamless
1 minute ago, geddymonster said:

I agree that he has to go, but I don't think it's entirely a coaching problem.

at this point of course it isn't.

her mental fortitude is completely fried. Not too mention any technique that has changed. The serve :bibliahh:

Slamless
27 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

It's okay the tournament director was a bitch anyways in New Haven. But it's lowkey a mess than players are really going to fly from Nanchang from the week before to the US Open.

19 minutes ago, jonasha said:

6 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Low-ranked players in need of the points.

Y'all, the new event is after the US open. I guess they are gonna leave that week blank?

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/February-2019-(1)/WTA-New-Haven-Tournament-Moves-To-China.aspx

geddymonster
22 minutes ago, Slamless said:

Y'all, the new event is after the US open. I guess they are gonna leave that week blank?

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/February-2019-(1)/WTA-New-Haven-Tournament-Moves-To-China.aspx

They should have just moved it to Long Island and used the venue that they use for the New York Open on the men's side.

Slamless

Mrs. Kyrgios really choked :rip:

yas kiki!

Slamless
8 hours ago, BlackAura said:

ICONIC.

YAS

the point at 9:20 is ICONIC

Gui Blackout

They unfollowed each other too :rip: I want the tea

Fetch
7 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

They unfollowed each other too :rip: I want the tea

What the **** ! Watch her flop into oblivion within 2 years.

aliciavikanders

Who fires their coach after winning B2B slams? Omg. These WTA players of today change their coaches every two weeks. NO LOYALTY, it's kind of tragic and disgraceful. It kind of makes Muguruza staying with Sumyk for 3 1/2 years despite all of the highs and all of the lows impressive :rip: 

Gui Blackout
Just now, Sensation said:

Maria withdrew from IW due to shoulder injury

aka I have another trip planned with my boyfriend 

Gui Blackout

Why are all the americans so trash :rip:

Sensation

Doha final is Halep and Mertens, who both had 3 set wins today