TMZ

Olivia O’Brien - “Josslyn”

TMZ
9 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

now we need Charli Damelio to dance to it and we have a smash :siptea:

right? olivia do something pls :giraffe:

Miles.

Wait this is excellent! Her best song since Trust Issues!

Hope Tik Tok can make it a hit!

dangerousalex
54 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Where have you been :rip:

her album contains some of her best material yet.

TMZ
13 hours ago, Miles. said:

i- it wouldnt say its her best since trust issues since empty and her album exists...:cm:

TMZ
21 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Where have you been :rip:

her album contains some of her best material yet.

i mean olivia hasnt released much at all tbh 

dangerousalex
1 hour ago, TMZ said:

i mean olivia hasnt released much at all tbh 

Well idk about all that...

2016 - trust issues, “hate u, love u”, root beer float, find what you’re looking for (4 songs)

2017 - it’s not that deep EP (5 songs)

2018 - UDK (1 song) :rip:

2019 - was it even real? (9 new songs), fade out, it was a sad f**king summer (2 songs)

2020 - results of my poor judgement (3 songs)

2018 was her only dud year, every other year she released more than what she did the previous year

TMZ
12 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Well idk about all that...

2016 - trust issues, “hate u, love u”, root beer float, find what you’re looking for (4 songs)

2017 - it’s not that deep EP (5 songs)

2018 - UDK (1 song) :rip:

2019 - was it even real? (9 new songs), fade out, it was a sad f**king summer (2 songs)

2020 - results of my poor judgement (3 songs)

2018 was her only dud year, every other year she released more than what she did the previous year

well if you put it that way :giraffe:

lillavend3r

Not the day Josslyn goes for Pop adds being the music industry blackout day:rip:

dangerousalex
7 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Not the day Josslyn goes for Pop adds being the music industry blackout day:rip:

Pushed back to June 9th.

dangerousalex

also there are six other songs impacting the same day as Josslyn :rip: 

Top 40/Mainstream
June 9, 2020 Impacting Songs 

Gabby Barrett - I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth)

Johnnie Mikel - Nothing To Lose

Katy Perry - Daisies

Kelsea Ballerini - The Other Girl (feat. Halsey)

Olivia O’Brien - Josslyn

Pink Sweat$ - 17

Tones And I - Ur So Cool

:hoetenks:

TMZ

Top 40/Mainstream

Katy Perry - Daisies

Olivia O’Brien - Josslyn

Pink Sweat$ - 17

Tones And I - Ur So Cool

13 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Pushed back to June 9th.

21 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

no words omg. is it over already when it hasnt even begun? :deadbanana2:

lillavend3r

Top 40/Mainstream

Katy Perry - Daisies

Olivia O’Brien - Josslyn

Pink Sweat$ - 17

Tones And I - Ur So Cool

The only real threat here is Daisies, and just cause it's Katy. Tones and I is a certified fad. That "17" song got like pushed back from april so maybe it's dead already. The Kelsea Ballerini and Halsey collab it's dead on arrival and "I Hope" won't do much since it's a country hit crossing over. Maybe Olivia has a chance I'm not losing faith, since this is her 3rd radio promoted single (2nd solo w/u i hate u i love u with gnash) so maybe she'll get a "artist on the verge" treatment on iHeart Radio ¿?:busted:

romanhoIiday

Top 40/Mainstream

Katy Perry - Daisies

Olivia O’Brien - Josslyn

Pink Sweat$ - 17

Tones And I - Ur So Cool

0 adds incoming just like Selfish :deadbanana4:

TMZ
1 hour ago, lillavend3r said:

The only real threat here is Daisies, and just cause it's Katy. Tones and I is a certified fad. That "17" song got like pushed back from april so maybe it's dead already. The Kelsea Ballerini and Halsey collab it's dead on arrival and "I Hope" won't do much since it's a country hit crossing over. Maybe Olivia has a chance I'm not losing faith, since this is her 3rd radio promoted single (2nd solo w/u i hate u i love u with gnash) so maybe she'll get a "artist on the verge" treatment on iHeart Radio ¿?:busted:

1 hour ago, romanhoIiday said:

0 adds incoming just like Selfish :deadbanana4:

well it's over omg :johnald:

dangerousalex
8 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Absolutely not, everything here is a threat because they’re songs are receiving a bigger push than Olivia‘s and they’re more established than olivia which means their songs will be spinned before josslyn. That Pink Sweat$ artist has a banner so that’s already a sign of investment from his label. Tones and I is still trying for another hit and dance monkey will be her ticket to recognition for this song. Halsey is a radio darling and Kelsea is country so radios will eat it up.

Olivia hasn’t had a radio single since 2017. So she likely has no standing support besides the 2 stations that were playing josslyn before impact. She’s basically still a debut artist on radio and we all know Island is very hesitant with promotion so it can really just not do anything...

TMZ
1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

Absolutely not, everything here is a threat because they’re songs are receiving a bigger push than Olivia‘s and they’re more established than olivia which means their songs will be spinned before josslyn. That Pink Sweat$ artist has a banner so that’s already a sign of investment from his label. Tones and I is still trying for another hit and dance monkey will be her ticket to recognition for this song. Halsey is a radio darling and Kelsea is country so radios will eat it up.

Olivia hasn’t had a radio single since 2017. So she likely has no standing support besides the 2 stations that were playing josslyn before impact. She’s basically still a debut artist on radio and we all know Island is very hesitant with promotion so it can really just not do anything...

this makes me super scared for her omg. :deadbanana2:

dangerousalex
48 minutes ago, TMZ said:

this makes me super scared for her omg. :deadbanana2:

well I mean it’s obvious Island still supports her and she brings in revenue from her touring with her small supportive fanbase which is why she hasn’t been dropped yet. It’s like she’s an indie artist who’s also a popstar under a not major but not independent label. She has some budget for videos (I mean WIIR? had a great campaign despite not having any “hit songs” on the charts) so it’s clear that the team she has behind her is more focused on her music than charts which is okay but eventually Island isn’t going to keep throwing money out on olivia without a return of investment. Josslyn being sent to radios doesn’t really make sense to me when it’s clear olivia isn’t really the artist that’s making hits or wants to promote one song for 6+ months just to see it take off. Also Island’s promotion and tactics for hit songs aren’t that strong at all. The way they handled Iggy Azalea’s “Kream” single was super unprofessional and they definitely stunted the song from being bigger than it was. However there is no need to panic (yet) olivia definitely seems to have a good relationship with her label (I mean they let her put out an album with no hit, they’re letting her release these EPs etc.) it’s not like she’s in development hell, she just isn’t under the right label to be having chart hits but I don’t think that’s her goal.

itsmee

flop , :lmao:

she should put her big girl pants and start acting and moving like a proper singer instead of a instagram model who does music on the side, serves her right 

TMZ
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, itsmee said:

flop , :lmao:

she should put her big girl pants and start acting and moving like a proper singer instead of a instagram model who does music on the side, serves her right 

yall hear sumn? :clown: "i hate u love u" outsold all of your faves stay mad.

13 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

well I mean it’s obvious Island still supports her and she brings in revenue from her touring with her small supportive fanbase which is why she hasn’t been dropped yet. It’s like she’s an indie artist who’s also a popstar under a not major but not independent label. She has some budget for videos (I mean WIIR? had a great campaign despite not having any “hit songs” on the charts) so it’s clear that the team she has behind her is more focused on her music than charts which is okay but eventually Island isn’t going to keep throwing money out on olivia without a return of investment. Josslyn being sent to radios doesn’t really make sense to me when it’s clear olivia isn’t really the artist that’s making hits or wants to promote one song for 6+ months just to see it take off. Also Island’s promotion and tactics for hit songs aren’t that strong at all. The way they handled Iggy Azalea’s “Kream” single was super unprofessional and they definitely stunted the song from being bigger than it was. However there is no need to panic (yet) olivia definitely seems to have a good relationship with her label (I mean they let her put out an album with no hit, they’re letting her release these EPs etc.) it’s not like she’s in development hell, she just isn’t under the right label to be having chart hits but I don’t think that’s her goal.

some really good points u made there

Edited by TMZ

itsmee
1 hour ago, TMZ said:

yall hear sumn? :clown: "i hate u love u" outsold all of your faves stay mad.

some really good points u made there

no it didn't

I'm a bit trolling but now being serious

when that song came up I was stanning hard for her, kind of disappointed how her career turned out

she had and still has a lot of potential  but it will all go to waste, the worst thing she did was linking up with those insta thots her career went downhill from that so did her self esteem

TMZ
1 hour ago, itsmee said:

no it didn't

I'm a bit trolling but now being serious

when that song came up I was stanning hard for her, kind of disappointed how her career turned out

she had and still has a lot of potential  but it will all go to waste, the worst thing she did was linking up with those insta thots her career went downhill from that so did her self esteem

well those 'insta thots' u speak of were the most loyal bunch of friends she's ever had :cm:

itsmee
10 hours ago, TMZ said:

well those 'insta thots' u speak of were the most loyal bunch of friends she's ever had :cm:

yeah no, those people are notorious for being backstabbers and doing everything they can to get ahead she will learn that the hard way but besides that 

she associating herself with them literally brings down her image and doesn't benefit her at all,

So many people mistake her for a insta model when she is so much more than that at a certain point she even put in her bio she wasn't an insta model 

and this is the girl who wrote the massive hit "I hate U, Love U"  that was literally a smash all around the globe 

fans can be in denial but she f up big time or maybe she is happy with her level of fame but I doubt because at this point even her insta tho friends are more relevant and popular than her 

TMZ
8 hours ago, itsmee said:

yeah no, those people are notorious for being backstabbers and doing everything they can to get ahead she will learn that the hard way but besides that 

she associating herself with them literally brings down her image and doesn't benefit her at all,

So many people mistake her for a insta model when she is so much more than that at a certain point she even put in her bio she wasn't an insta model 

and this is the girl who wrote the massive hit "I hate U, Love U"  that was literally a smash all around the globe 

fans can be in denial but she f up big time or maybe she is happy with her level of fame but I doubt because at this point even her insta tho friends are more relevant and popular than her 

sis...:psyduck:

dangerousalex
21 hours ago, itsmee said:

No one identifies her a singer because no one knows her in the music industry and that is not her fault :rip: go blame Island Records for not pushing her and getting her more established, not her hanging out with her Instagram friends because it seems that’s the only type of promotion she gets