Olivia O’Brien - “Josslyn”

TMZ
Posted (edited)

tvxcltq.pngr2izlj2.pngG4w5Ayd.png

bJZ7Dsk.pngtSzm2M3.png

Edited by TMZ

dangerousalex

do we have a radio adds date? @TMZ 

(this radio edit's production sounds awful :biblio:)

princedonte

I love her.

TMZ
2 minutes ago, princedonte said:

I love her.

YESSSS!!! So glad to see so many people loving olivia. :jonny6: 

Burqa

So I guess micro mixtape 3 was delayed in favor of making this a hit... I hope it works tbh

also why isn't TROMPJ available on CD on her store

JDC

YES! She deserves so much success, she has been serving bops and quality this era, Care Less More and Call Me!!! deserved to smash all over 

TMZ
2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

So I guess micro mixtape 3 was delayed in favor of making this a hit... I hope it works tbh

also why isn't TROMPJ available on CD on her store

Yea, originally it was meant to be released before Coachella but that got postponed and did the mm #3. But Olivia did confirm that she will be dropping new music really soon last week on Insta so it might come out as soon as next week. TROMPJ isn't available on CD instore probs cause they didn't make a lot of sales off of mm #1 so they scrapped the CD productions altogether for mm #2. But...Olivia has tonnes of new merch featuring Josslyn & more https://oliviaobrien.store-08.com/featured/

pavi

This song is such a bop, her most catchy song:jonny5:

That radio edit hurt my ears tho:deadbanana4:

dangerousalex
39 minutes ago, TMZ said:

it's already been added I think. Here check this article out, it was released 2 hours ago https://headlineplanet.com/home/2020/05/09/olivia-obriens-josslyn-scores-midwest-pop-radio-airplay-amid-spotify-tiktok-gains/

hasn't been sent for adds yet (Allaccess reports future releases) but it's gaining early support from 2 radio stations so that's good news!  We will need adds for it to take off though. :cm:

Shocked how NONE of her single after empty were treated like actual singles. At least she released her album but they need to promote her better 

TMZ
9 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

hasn't been sent for adds yet (Allaccess reports future releases) but it's gaining early support from 2 radio stations so that's good news!  We will need adds for it to take off though. :cm:

Shocked how NONE of her single after empty were treated like actual singles. At least she released her album but they need to promote her better 

oh wow never realised this. the fact that she's able to still pull in consistent streaming numbers i mean she has 2 EP tracks with 50m streams on spotify. who can do that?

dangerousalex
1 hour ago, TMZ said:

oh wow never realised this. the fact that she's able to still pull in consistent streaming numbers i mean she has 2 EP tracks with 50m streams on spotify. who can do that?

ugh I know right, coming off of “I hate u, I love u”, the It’s Not That Deep promo singles did well for having no actual promotion besides a music video. 

skyandground
Posted (edited)

Her two recent mini EPs are so good! :clap3:

Edited by skyandground

TMZ
5 hours ago, skyandground said:

Her two recent mini EPs are so good! :clap3:

Taste!!

lillavend3r
On 5/9/2020 at 3:48 PM, dangerousalex said:

R.I.P. was sent to radio but we know how that went:rip: rooting for her! This is very catchy, seeing it getting support even before an add date is great. Island dropped the ball with her, maybe David Massey leaving screwed her since he signed her, but I hope she smashes she deserves it

TMZ
3 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

R.I.P. was sent to radio but we know how that went:rip: rooting for her! This is very catchy, seeing it getting support even before an add date is great. Island dropped the ball with her, maybe David Massey leaving screwed her since he signed her, but I hope she smashes she deserves it

RIP did? RIP lmao. Well at least it has over 87M streams on Spotify :clown:

dangerousalex
7 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

3 hours ago, TMZ said:

RIP did? RIP lmao. Well at least it has over 87M streams on Spotify :clown:

I had NO clue R.I.P. got sent to radio. :hoetenks:

the fact they released a remix of it with G eazy and one of the guys from the Chainsmokers a year later from its release date when it was doing nothing anymore....

TMZ
1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

the fact they released a remix of it with G eazy and one of the guys from the Chainsmokers a year later from its release date when it was doing nothing anymore....

The remix did so well tho. It's gonna beat the original very soon. it's currently at 41.5m

dangerousalex
33 minutes ago, TMZ said:

The remix did so well tho. It's gonna beat the original very soon. it's currently at 41.5m

but it made no sense in pushing the song, it simply was released too late to actually impact the song for the better. It could have helped it take off on radio if it was released during its “promotion” window.

lillavend3r
4 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2017/07/21/olivia-obriens-rip-issued-pop-radio-officially-impacts-august-15/amp/

Over 10 million on Spotify for Josslyn!:party:

DancingShoes

That chorus is so good. I've been returning to cute little 2/3 track EPs she's released last year and this year. Almost in Love still my favorite out of those tracks.

TMZ
9 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

we did mom!!!

7 hours ago, DancingShoes said:

That chorus is so good. I've been returning to cute little 2/3 track EPs she's released last year and this year. Almost in Love still my favorite out of those tracks.

TASTE!!!!!!!!!

Euterpe

I love her as an artist, and this song cracks me up because of the chorus. The radio edit cannot do that chorus justice. :alexz:

dangerousalex
52 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

I love her as an artist, and this song cracks me up because of the chorus. The radio edit cannot do that chorus justice. :alexz:

truth but I mean if it’s in return for her bagging her long awaited smash hit then I guess I will have to deal! 

TMZ
12 hours ago, Euterpe said:

They do do the censored beep in the radio edit lol and thats my fave bit :psyduck: