crf13

Brandy - 'B7'

SlayonceKnowles
1 hour ago, kylespearsfenty said:

i have no idea why she’s using all these different mental illnesses as metaphors when they all mean different things. i’m confused

On top of using the r word, an actual MESS :rip:I don't know where she was going artistcally with all of this, it's so tone deaf. 

kylespearsfenty

well that was “******ing”, see a few pages back. 

SlayonceKnowles
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, kylespearsfenty said:

well that was “******ing”, see a few pages back. 

Whatever they need to say now. She says ******ed. 

And even if it's -ing, WHY? This album hasn't aged well and it came out yesterday :rip:

Edited by SlayonceKnowles

St. Francis

I’m trying to get into this album, but it’s just disappointing.

I get the experimental vibe that she’s trying to go for, but it just falls flat and the production on some of the songs like Unconditional Oceans is just downright bad. 
Borderline is actually this kind of vibe done right and probably one of her best songs.

Karla Cabello

im loving this album so far. theres a weird new refreshing vibe to it and that borderline outro.....

Karla Cabello

that copyright tho :skull:

Hector

This is definitely a mood album. Best songs: Rather Be, Say Something, Love Again, and Borderline.

MONSTER NAVY

anyone one have an idea what first week sales could be? i'm guessing 50k-70k first week. 

That Bad Eartha
1 hour ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

anyone one have an idea what first week sales could be? i'm guessing 50k-70k first week. 

Sis, she's a legacy R&B artist in 2020, if she passes 10k it will be a pleasant surprise and 15k-20k is her absolute ceiling imo. Idk if you are basing your estimate off Two Eleven since it did like 75k, but it actually had some promo behind it and it was a totally different sales climate.

trainsskyscrapers

I'm so happy that she was able to reunite with LaShawn Daniels before he passed away. :cries:  Hopefully LD's passing brings Brandy and Rodney Jerkins back together as well because Brandy is his muse. Seeing Hit-Boy here (the producer behind one of my favourite B-Rocka records "1st & Love") and Victoria Monet were also pleasant surprises. 

As for this album, I've heard many people say the vocal production is almost as if the backing harmonies/vocals were the only things kept and the main vocals were cut. I'll have to listen a few more times, but I will say the initial Blues/Retro lane that "Beggin & Pleading" and "Freedom Rings" were leading to would've made for an interesting concept album that she could build a storyline around. 

sk8erfan

This album is EVERYTHING! Saving All My Love and Say Something are my favourite moments! The way she attacks the verses in the latter whew! Borderline is amazing but the schizo metaphor is making me feel all sorts of uncomfortable :michael:Songs that sound messy at first like Unconditional Oceans and Rather Be completely take over after a few listens when you finally get where the melody is going and trust me she IS there! The only song where the melody is kinda elusive is Lucid Dreams but I’m sure that’ll come to me at some point. Make sure to buy this album and give Brandy all her coins because she deserve them bad and we can’t be made to wait another lifetime for a new album :weeps: 

madonnafan18

I listened to this album and I agree that the production isn't good. There are still some good songs on the album though.

EarStyle
8 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Sis, she's a legacy R&B artist in 2020, if she passes 10k it will be a pleasant surprise and 15k-20k is her absolute ceiling imo. Idk if you are basing your estimate off Two Eleven since it did like 75k, but it actually had some promo behind it and it was a totally different sales climate.

She's had strong iTunes +  Music. Maybe 25k-30k? 

cassandrae

Her snippets from 2012-2018 sound better than everything on this album..

Armani👑

I think melody is the main problem on this...

That Bad Eartha
11 hours ago, EarStyle said:

She's had strong iTunes +  Music. Maybe 25k-30k? 

Idk maybe but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Anything over 15k would be a victory for her. I feel like a lot of R&B girls have been in the 20-30k range this year, but most of them have had bigger promo pushes behind their projects, so I'm expecting hers to be lower. 

EarStyle
9 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Idk maybe but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Anything over 15k would be a victory for her. I feel like a lot of R&B girls have been in the 20-30k range this year, but most of them have had bigger promo pushes behind their projects, so I'm expecting hers to be lower. 

Her word of mouth has been insane. All I see is Brandy, Brandy, Brandy on Twitter AND Moesha came out the same day. Brilliant timing. I'm happy for her. I will give the album another try this week. 

humbz

I'm happy with the critical praise so far and there's some interesting things going on with the melody construction and vocal layering indeed, BUT... it's not hitting hard.

I really hope it's a grower cause Two Eleven was everything to me when it came out and I was antecipating the follow up so much. 

Favs for now are Rather Be, Lucid and Say Something. 

sweetkiss

when I told her she out of touch (and still is cuz u guys pointing out shizo making u uncomfortable) I got blocked.

she doesnt wanna hear criticism lol and ok. let her be. 

but im sad cuz its reality a lot of people can feel uncomfortable 

Im listening to the album daily, cant even focus on any other music XD

Bey_Rihstan
On 8/2/2020 at 12:00 AM, MONSTER NAVY said:

ssdfsvs

hun that’s what her last album sold in a much better climate and on a major label. I’m gonna take a guess and say 20-25k if she is able to hold up this week. That would be good for an indie legacy act. Mariah and Mary are the only two early 90’s acts still doing 50k+ 

kishi

I did not enjoy listening to this album on the first listen, so I'm listening to it again today with a more open mind.

Hivy

I pretty much only listen to Borderline on this album :skull:

stephen1108
On 6/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, stephen1108 said:

Wtf, where is the melody? How do people write a whole song, with zero melody? :deadbanana2: 

I’m looking forward to this album because I love Brandy, but I didn’t love Two Eleven and IDK if I’m gonna love this one from what I’ve heard 😕 

The melody thing is exactly what I feared smh. 

I really love Brandy, I’ve loved everything (Leaks and all) she’s done up until Two Eleven, and I enjoyed like half of that record. 

This album isn’t it.... People fail to realize how important a good melody is. The truth is, most songs are only as good as their melody. With this project it feels like they took instrumentals, threw words on top of it, and sprinkled a whole bunch of harmony all over it. 

JaMuzik

This album is everything tbh. Everyone talking about melody being missing hasn’t digested the album long enough. Play it a few times. It’s unconventional but it’s there and that’s what makes it all interesting. Yes there are some aspects/motifs that make me uncomfortable but overall, sonically, artistically, this is a stellar effort. And it’s not the cookie cutter formulaic R&B music that you may be used to. I love that. 

Shy Boy

The way Borderline is a career high :jonny5: