• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SignificantOther

• More Than A Melody

• BoyAlmighty

• Starkboy

13 minutes ago, Penny. said:

tbh anyone thinking hes gonna do any promo is dreaming atp :cm:

Not sure in what sense you're using the term promo here, but putting out a Behind the Scenes for the music video today, discounting the song, putting out the 7-inch and the cassette -- these are all things I would consider promo. If you mean personal promo in the form of a radio interview or something, then that is perhaps less likely, true. But in terms of promoting, there's been lots of activity on multiple platforms today.

SignificantOther

He gave a radio interview when AY reached #1 on pop radio. Hopefully he does the same once WS reaches #1 this Sunday. 

1 minute ago, canyonmoon said:

Not sure in what sense you're using the term promo here, but putting out a Behind the Scenes for the music video today, discounting the song, putting out the 7-inch and the cassette -- these are all things I would consider promo. If you mean personal promo in the form of a radio interview or something, then that is perhaps less likely, true. But in terms of promoting, there's been lots of activity on multiple platforms today.

im talking about the people who think harry himself will do anything

More Than A Melody
1 hour ago, Right Now said:

He really should perform this for the VMA’s... wouldn’t it be his first televised US performance of WS since SNL last year?

Someone on Gold Derby said that the Grammys tend to ask for performers in advance and they kind of ask for exclusivity, and that they think Dua and Harry could potentially be in the line up so that’s why they refused to perform and they were snubbed

47 minutes ago, Penny. said:

**** the vma's they didnt even nom him he aint performing for their **** show

tbh anyone thinking hes gonna do any promo is dreaming atp :cm:

i wouldn’t be so sure. If you’d asked me if he would discount a song, put out bundles, and an instrumental version, go on Ellen, so Spill Your Guts with Kendall, do Tiny Desk, read a sleep story, put out a BTS video, or do interviews in a robe via FaceTime back in November I would’ve said you were crazy

Expect the unexpected. Except a remix because that’s not happening 

18 minutes ago, Em1794 said:

Someone on Gold Derby said that the Grammys tend to ask for performers in advance and they kind of ask for exclusivity, and that they think Dua and Harry could potentially be in the line up so that’s why they refused to perform and they were snubbed

i wouldn’t be so sure. If you’d asked me if he would discount a song, put out bundles, and an instrumental version, go on Ellen, so Spill Your Guts with Kendall, do Tiny Desk, read a sleep story, put out a BTS video, or do interviews in a robe via FaceTime back in November I would’ve said you were crazy

Expect the unexpected. Except a remix because that’s not happening 

he didnt do those things lol

& all im saying is that its very unlikely hes doing anymore watermelon sugar promo himself :cm:

also him doing interviews in a robe is a very Harry thing to do imo lol

SignificantOther

He looked so great in that robe. I want a Watermelon Sugar performance with him wearing it. :heart:

4a68afad2f073187545b0b1cb1d84f34ccf4e1b2

Edited by SignificantOther

ok so the watermelon sugar instrumental is a whole new godly bop

everyone buy it (with a US address ofc)  while its discounted

more than worth that $.69 i promise you :katie2:

More Than A Melody
42 minutes ago, Penny. said:

he didnt do those things lol

& all im saying is that its very unlikely hes doing anymore watermelon sugar promo himself :cm:

also him doing interviews in a robe is a very Harry thing to do imo lol

Unlikely yes impossible no

He’s still in Rome. Btw the mustache is growing on me 

SignificantOther
25 minutes ago, Penny. said:

I bought it 4 times, I'm throwing my money at him for that #1, and I like it but I do wish it was longer. :'(

Edited by SignificantOther
2 hours ago, Em1794 said:

Unlikely yes impossible no

He’s still in Rome. Btw the mustache is growing on me 

did i ever once use the word "impossible"? :duck:

& that mustache needs to diaf :mazen:

1 hour ago, SignificantOther said:

I bought it 4 times, I'm throwing my money at him for that #1, and I like it but I do wish it was longer. :'(

:clap3: :heart:

i bought the instrumental & the single lol

i wish it was longer too tho like :cries:

vindajoykkkk
4 hours ago, Penny. said:

use that code HARRY10 :cm:

storminthedark
6 hours ago, Em1794 said:

I don't know how much people at GD actually know lol, I can't see Dua rejecting to do the VMAs when her team gets her to do basically everything she has the opportunity to. I think Harry just wouldn't do it unless he was nominated for major awards. He only went to the Brits this year because he got nominated in Solo Male and Album. Ben Winston is producing the Grammys this year so it's possible that he will perform due to that but I don't think it's about exclusivity in that case.

More Than A Melody
4 hours ago, storminthedark said:

I don't know how much people at GD actually know lol, I can't see Dua rejecting to do the VMAs when her team gets her to do basically everything she has the opportunity to. I think Harry just wouldn't do it unless he was nominated for major awards. He only went to the Brits this year because he got nominated in Solo Male and Album. Ben Winston is producing the Grammys this year so it's possible that he will perform due to that but I don't think it's about exclusivity in that case.

It’s the other way around. The VMAs nominate whoever is willing to perform. If there’s exclusivity then I see why Dua would reject the VMAs

storminthedark
27 minutes ago, EndOfJune said:

If we only could get 900k+ streams in the US.. 

It had a bigger gain in streams than Rockstar (about a 9k difference) which is important, hopefully that will continue as WS continues to gain on radio 

23 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

It had a bigger gain in streams than Rockstar (about a 9k difference) which is important, hopefully that will continue as WS continues to gain on radio 

Definitely. I see Billie’s coming on radio too, so I imagine the battle will be between Harry and her

storminthedark

That's really great if it's true, the momentum for this needs to be kept up though. It just hit 500m streams and it'll probably be his first song to 1bn :heart2:

LostInStereo100

Since this song existed before it was announced as a single in the spring. Do we know if it was getting radio spins like January-April? If so, than this could be a big contender on the year end radio charts.