Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

17,453 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

@makeme @Moth 2 The Flame I can't take too much of this.

giphy.gif

Not available in Australia yet but hooray for the US! Glad to see you guys getting the videos unblocked first for a change :laugh:

1 hour ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Not available in Australia yet but hooray for the US! Glad to see you guys getting the videos unblocked first for a change :laugh:

Ohhhhhh, I forgot. Let me get my a** back up and help fix this!! These need to be worldwide!!

Janet with Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder at the British Summer Time music festival

BeTPKbJ.jpg

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Remember!!

@makeme @Moth 2 The Flame You think either of you can find a receipt on when Black Cat hit #1 on the rock charts?

I've been trying to find it for so long.

18 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

@makeme @Moth 2 The Flame You think either of you can find a receipt on when Black Cat hit #1 on the rock charts?

I've been trying to find it for so long.

Honestly IMO, this record is false and not true.

Here's what I posted on the janet.club forums when someone had asked for receipts about this.

I think maybe this is what caused the confusion?

Black Cat went #1 on Hot 100 the week of October 27th, 1990
It also went #1 on the ARC Weekly Top 40 the same week

www.rockonthenet.com/archive/1990/10-27.htm

en.citizendium.org/wiki/ARC_Weekly_Top_40

The ARC Weekly Top 40 is an American mainstream music chart. ARC stands for American Radio Chart. The chart was founded in 1980 and measures popular songs based on radio airplay and singles sales. The chart lists the most popular songs in ranking from number one to number forty.

Although an official United States chart, the ARC Weekly Top 40 has no relation to the main U.S. chart, the Billboard Hot 100 and its component charts, the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay and Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales. Since the chart is based on mainstream music, the songs that often reach number one on the ARC Weekly Top 40 do not necessarily reach the top on the Hot 100. The chart is actually more similar to Billboard's Pop 100, Pop 100 Airplay and Mainstream Top 40 charts. The weekly updated charts are assigned Saturday dates, and are posted publicly on the preceding Wednesday evening.

The first song to reach number one on the ARC Weekly Top 40 was 'Escape (The Pina Colada Song)' by Rupert Holmes, on 5 January 1980. The charts are currently archived on the Rock On the Net website (www.rockonthenet.com)

Has there ever been any songs that topped both the Hot 100 & ARC Weekly Top 40 during the same week before Janet did with Black Cat?

3 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Honestly IMO, this record is false and not true.

Here's what I posted on the janet.club forums when someone had asked for receipts about this.

Oh.....so they thought ARC meant American "Rock" Chart?

1 minute ago, jdmc218 said:

Oh.....so they thought ARC meant American "Rock" Chart?

It appears so, and that's what been causing a lot of Janet fan sites to run with this false record for decades. I doubt any of them will admit it's wrong though.

The song with chia is iconic lol 

8 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

The song with chia is iconic lol 

The shade. :laugh:

The shade. :laugh:

So excited! What ever happen to her? lol

4 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

So excited! What ever happen to her? lol

She's been here and there.

I always thought this whole time Q-Tip said "Joni Mitchel mobilize" but he raps "Joni Mitchell never lies" :skull: 

Whoops now picked up a good 12k+ views during the past 24 hours. :clap3:The most among her old videos.

8 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I always thought this whole time Q-Tip said "Joni Mitchel mobilize" but he raps "Joni Mitchell never lies" :skull: 

janice-dickinsons-latest-plastic-surgery

:lmao:

21 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I haven't said a bad word about Ms. Janet in 2 weeks since listening to The Velvet Rope album (my first time listening to one of her albums in full)

hw3HpOU.gif

I am very shocked but you listened to a full Madonna album but not Janet? Very mean!

EwyqgZs.gif

4 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

I am very shocked but you listened to a full Madonna album but not Janet? Very mean!

EwyqgZs.gif

Last Janet hit was All For You, while Madonna has had hits throughout the whole 00s decade, so I grew up with Madonna, however I didn't listen to a pre-00s Madonna album until 2015 when I got hooked and started to explore her discography, up to that point I wasn't really a fan of older music, especially 80s. But that obviously changed from around summer of 2017 to now when I started to love exploring culture of music before my birth, and now I am hooked, especially on the 90s decade :jonny5:

1 hour ago, jdmc218 said:

I never noticed the intricate feet movement! Wow! Definitely wanna learn that breakdown now that I've seen it in good view.

22 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

She is such an amazing performer, that choreography is lowkey iconic :jonny2:

50 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

Her best outfit 

2 minutes ago, Hallucinogen said:

Her best outfit 

I just wish it was a different color.

Even better than this?

527218-3x4-700x933.jpg

I just wish it was a different color.

Even better than this?