Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

17,107 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

i always forget how big MYM was. isn't it her biggest song ever on the hot 100?

It should be That's The Way Love Goes honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Will Janet's record of 18 consecutive top 10 hits on the Hot 100 ever be broken by another female? Now with streaming it seems like it'd be harder with album tracks being able to chart for a week or two before dropping like a rock....unless somehow all those other album tracks charting outside the top 10 magically rises into the top 10!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

It should be That's The Way Love Goes honestly.

It feels like it would be, but it should be Again. :siptea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This GODLY choreo :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

The way Queen is gliding on the stage:jonny6:

Even the hideous wig couldn't ruin it for me:jonny6:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

 

This GODLY choreo :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

The way Queen is gliding on the stage:jonny6:

Even the hideous wig couldn't ruin it for me:jonny6:

The fact that we didn't get this in full when it was 2000x better than the Feedback/TTWLG performance :jonny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Will Janet's record of 18 consecutive top 10 hits on the Hot 100 ever be broken by another female? Now with streaming it seems like it'd be harder with album tracks being able to chart for a week or two before dropping like a rock....unless somehow all those other album tracks charting outside the top 10 magically rises into the top 10!

I don't think it will. 

 

The elite continue to manipulate the rules for these newer young artists to break these accolades, though now, with more songs making it on the Hot 100 for no reason, they block single streaks. They failed!! Janet wins!

 

6fNZXN1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

I don't think it will. 

 

The elite continue to manipulate the rules for these newer young artists to break these accolades, though now, with more songs making it on the Hot 100 for no reason, they block single streaks. They failed!! Janet wins!

 

6fNZXN1.png

No reason? People are streaming them, that's a reason. I do think it's flawed in the sense that, in the past, people would listen to entire albums upon release and only the singles would be charting, because the charts were under radio/industry control. So it's really not fair to compare entire albums charting now to past blockbuster releases as if that has always been possible. But it is a better reflection of what people are actually listening to and what the most popular songs are that week. We all know peak Janet could've kidnapped the Hot 100 in the streaming era too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Janet, why are you always talking? :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there ANY indication that Godnet has been in the studio this year? I, like, need an album to go with this residency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Is there ANY indication that Godnet has been in the studio this year? I, like, need an album to go with this residency.

And to go with Madonna perhaps? :cool: 

 

Lol No I'm joking. I haven't heard jack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All For God is really her best album huh.

 

Doesn't Really Matter, All For You, Truth, Would You Mind, You Ain't Right, Come On Get Up. The quality just never ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

 

Janet, why are you always talking? :lmao:

A good example of youthful naivete. Demonstrated in pretty much every thread on this site. "Can't imagine" such and such could happen. That's why these kids are shocked when their "never gonna fade" faves end up losing commercial viability. It does not matter the heights you reach. It doesn't last and the people who weren't there rarely find value in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daydream said:

All For God is really her best album huh.

 

Doesn't Really Matter, All For You, Truth, Would You Mind, You Ain't Right, Come On Get Up. The quality just never ends.

HbG9ADh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just managed to win the rare Japanese pressing of the Control album that contains the bonus track "Start Anew" over on Yahoo Japan Auctions!!!!:psyduck: Would love to get the limited edition French red vinyl re-issue as well but even if I don't, I'd still be happy with just owning this one :smitten2:. It's also my first ever Janet album I will own on vinyl :heart2:

 

i-img1200x1179-15553202182w1iw944121.jpg

 

i-img1200x1179-15553202189pgwom44121.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

I just managed to win the rare Japanese pressing of the Control album that contains the bonus track "Start Anew" over on Yahoo Japan Auctions!!!!:psyduck: Would love to get the limited edition French red vinyl re-issue as well but even if I don't, I'd still be happy with just owning this one :smitten2:. It's also my first ever Janet album I will own on vinyl :heart2:

 

i-img1200x1179-15553202182w1iw944121.jpg

 

i-img1200x1179-15553202189pgwom44121.jpg

:clap3::clap3::clap3:Congrats!!!

 

Image result for mean girls vintage gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Am I the only one stanning this PC music remix of No Sleeepsus? Especially what he did with bridge.. wig

 

I'm not a fan of high pitched vocals so I made a version with the tonality lowered and it's even more perfect

 

6fNZXN1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stankonia I listen to this remix of No Sleeep a lot more, the bridge and climax of the song :alexz:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

@Stankonia I listen to this remix of No Sleeep a lot more, the bridge and climax of the song :alexz:

 

 

I like this one as well! I can't find it on youtube but the POMO remix was great too :jamming:

 

The way Impactnet still inspires such talented and high profile remixers :jonny: I feel like they stan her the most out of all the pop legends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

The fact that we didn't get this in full when it was 2000x better than the Feedback/TTWLG performance :jonny2:

ikr but it was horribly filmed anyway lol. I'd rather watch the amateur videos so I can witness each iconic move of this dance routine being flawlessly performed by Godnet :gaycat3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

 

Am I the only one stanning this PC music remix of No Sleeepsus? Especially what he did with bridge.. wig

 

I'm not a fan of high pitched vocals so I made a version with the tonality lowered and it's even more perfect

 

6fNZXN1.png

 

I listen to this like once a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Honestly, 1990. I love Escapade. I love that routine. I love her smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

 

Honestly, 1990. I love Escapade. I love that routine. I love her smile.

1998. TVR era choreographies were so creative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lessons Learned is so beautiful PrKQh2Q.png

 

One of Unblreakable's highlights for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites