Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

17,107 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

i always forget how big MYM was. isn't it her biggest song ever on the hot 100?

It should be That's The Way Love Goes honestly.

Posted (edited)

Will Janet's record of 18 consecutive top 10 hits on the Hot 100 ever be broken by another female? Now with streaming it seems like it'd be harder with album tracks being able to chart for a week or two before dropping like a rock....unless somehow all those other album tracks charting outside the top 10 magically rises into the top 10!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

It should be That's The Way Love Goes honestly.

It feels like it would be, but it should be Again. :siptea:

This GODLY choreo :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

The way Queen is gliding on the stage:jonny6:

Even the hideous wig couldn't ruin it for me:jonny6:

13 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

This GODLY choreo :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

The way Queen is gliding on the stage:jonny6:

Even the hideous wig couldn't ruin it for me:jonny6:

The fact that we didn't get this in full when it was 2000x better than the Feedback/TTWLG performance :jonny2:

3 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Will Janet's record of 18 consecutive top 10 hits on the Hot 100 ever be broken by another female? Now with streaming it seems like it'd be harder with album tracks being able to chart for a week or two before dropping like a rock....unless somehow all those other album tracks charting outside the top 10 magically rises into the top 10!

I don't think it will. 

The elite continue to manipulate the rules for these newer young artists to break these accolades, though now, with more songs making it on the Hot 100 for no reason, they block single streaks. They failed!! Janet wins!

6fNZXN1.png

16 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

I don't think it will. 

The elite continue to manipulate the rules for these newer young artists to break these accolades, though now, with more songs making it on the Hot 100 for no reason, they block single streaks. They failed!! Janet wins!

6fNZXN1.png

No reason? People are streaming them, that's a reason. I do think it's flawed in the sense that, in the past, people would listen to entire albums upon release and only the singles would be charting, because the charts were under radio/industry control. So it's really not fair to compare entire albums charting now to past blockbuster releases as if that has always been possible. But it is a better reflection of what people are actually listening to and what the most popular songs are that week. We all know peak Janet could've kidnapped the Hot 100 in the streaming era too.

Janet, why are you always talking? :lmao:

Is there ANY indication that Godnet has been in the studio this year? I, like, need an album to go with this residency.

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Is there ANY indication that Godnet has been in the studio this year? I, like, need an album to go with this residency.

And to go with Madonna perhaps? :cool: 

Lol No I'm joking. I haven't heard jack. 

All For God is really her best album huh.

Doesn't Really Matter, All For You, Truth, Would You Mind, You Ain't Right, Come On Get Up. The quality just never ends.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

Janet, why are you always talking? :lmao:

A good example of youthful naivete. Demonstrated in pretty much every thread on this site. "Can't imagine" such and such could happen. That's why these kids are shocked when their "never gonna fade" faves end up losing commercial viability. It does not matter the heights you reach. It doesn't last and the people who weren't there rarely find value in it.

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

All For God is really her best album huh.

Doesn't Really Matter, All For You, Truth, Would You Mind, You Ain't Right, Come On Get Up. The quality just never ends.

HbG9ADh.png

I just managed to win the rare Japanese pressing of the Control album that contains the bonus track "Start Anew" over on Yahoo Japan Auctions!!!!:psyduck: Would love to get the limited edition French red vinyl re-issue as well but even if I don't, I'd still be happy with just owning this one :smitten2:. It's also my first ever Janet album I will own on vinyl :heart2:

i-img1200x1179-15553202182w1iw944121.jpg

i-img1200x1179-15553202189pgwom44121.jpg

1 minute ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

I just managed to win the rare Japanese pressing of the Control album that contains the bonus track "Start Anew" over on Yahoo Japan Auctions!!!!:psyduck: Would love to get the limited edition French red vinyl re-issue as well but even if I don't, I'd still be happy with just owning this one :smitten2:. It's also my first ever Janet album I will own on vinyl :heart2:

i-img1200x1179-15553202182w1iw944121.jpg

i-img1200x1179-15553202189pgwom44121.jpg

:clap3::clap3::clap3:Congrats!!!

Image result for mean girls vintage gif

Am I the only one stanning this PC music remix of No Sleeepsus? Especially what he did with bridge.. wig

I'm not a fan of high pitched vocals so I made a version with the tonality lowered and it's even more perfect

6fNZXN1.png

@Stankonia I listen to this remix of No Sleeep a lot more, the bridge and climax of the song :alexz:

18 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

@Stankonia I listen to this remix of No Sleeep a lot more, the bridge and climax of the song :alexz:

I like this one as well! I can't find it on youtube but the POMO remix was great too :jamming:

The way Impactnet still inspires such talented and high profile remixers :jonny: I feel like they stan her the most out of all the pop legends

On 4/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

The fact that we didn't get this in full when it was 2000x better than the Feedback/TTWLG performance :jonny2:

ikr but it was horribly filmed anyway lol. I'd rather watch the amateur videos so I can witness each iconic move of this dance routine being flawlessly performed by Godnet :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

Am I the only one stanning this PC music remix of No Sleeepsus? Especially what he did with bridge.. wig

I'm not a fan of high pitched vocals so I made a version with the tonality lowered and it's even more perfect

6fNZXN1.png

I listen to this like once a week.

Honestly, 1990. I love Escapade. I love that routine. I love her smile.

50 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

Honestly, 1990. I love Escapade. I love that routine. I love her smile.

1998. TVR era choreographies were so creative

Lessons Learned is so beautiful PrKQh2Q.png

One of Unblreakable's highlights for me.