Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

15,778 posts in this topic

Pop Life
On 3/11/2019 at 9:59 PM, jdmc218 said:

All songs Pre-Control (besides Young Love, DSAC, Say You Do, CGYLTM)

Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)
You Can Be Mine

He Doesn't Know I'm Alive

Lonely

Someday Is Tonight

Free Xone

Truly

Thinkin' Bout My Ex

Most of 20 YO

That's what I can think of now.

A crime against humanity, if we're being honest. It would fit in perfectly during a slower section. I can just imagine rain effects and low lights with Janet front and center and two or three interpretive dancers isolated by spotlights in the background. A mood!

jdmc218
1 hour ago, Pop Life said:

A crime against humanity, if we're being honest. It would fit in perfectly during a slower section. I can just imagine rain effects and low lights with Janet front and center and two or three interpretive dancers isolated by spotlights in the background. A mood!

That's a concept! I need that! :clap3:

kishi
On 3/13/2019 at 1:47 PM, Taz said:

She better KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT :mandown:

22 hours ago, makeme said:

I agree. 

Janet's not going to speak on it right now. If she does, it'll be well thought out. She'll face criticism regardless of what she does. This whole situation is tough and no one comes out a winner. 

22 hours ago, Pop Life said:

Lonely is truly the #1 song on my list of "songs not yet performed on tour" that I'd love to see live, aside from Someday Is Tonight, Empty, China Love, and Take Care. 

jdmc218
2 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Unbreakable might be her best work!!!! woah!

Her 3rd Best! How this album shot straight to the Trinity in her 33rd year is incredible!

That Bad Eartha

I would love to see Daybreak from 20 YO. It would be a cute addition in the Island Life/Someone to Call My Lover type song slot.

And I lowkey stan for You'll Never Find (A Love Like Mine) from JJ.

jdmc218
1 hour ago, Cherish said:

Ugh, God, I love this woman so much. So, so so so so so much.... 

We all do. And she's finally getting her flowers.

1 hour ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I would love to see Daybreak from 20 YO. It would be a cute addition in the Island Life/Someone to Call My Lover type song slot.

And I lowkey stan for You'll Never Find (A Love Like Mine) from JJ.

You're not the only one. JJ is a good piece of work.

IMO, I say Forever Yours is one of her better ballads.

Cherish
7 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

We all do. And she's finally getting her flowers.

Well. ****ing. deserved. May Timberlake's career rot in piss. 

Also, 20 Y.O. is actually amazing, y'all just don't enjoy it because it flopped. Her best album is a tie between janet. and TVR though :sistrens: 

jdmc218
11 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Also, 20 Y.O. is actually amazing, y'all just don't enjoy it because it flopped. Her best album is a tie between janet. and TVR though :sistrens: 

Wait now. I enjoy it. But more so the second half than the first half. Compared to her other albums.....yeah....but that second half SLAYS!

The best album has to be given to RN1814. :clap3:

Cherish
Just now, jdmc218 said:

Wait now. I enjoy it. But more so the second half than the first half. Compared to her other albums.....yeah....but that second half SLAYS!

The best album has to be given to RN1814. :clap3:

Daybreak and Enjoy are career highlights but gurl, the quadruple punch of So Excited, Show Me, Get It Out Me & Do It 2 Me will not be ignored :'( Roll Witchu though, whew! 

I swear I'm the ONLY janet stan who does not enjoy RN1814 minus the Pledge + title track (ofc), SOTW & Black Cat but as a white privileged male, I can't really relate to the racial issues so that's why it's not really for me. Maybe I should give it another spin though

jdmc218
2 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Daybreak and Enjoy are career highlights but gurl, the quadruple punch of So Excited, Show Me, Get It Out Me & Do It 2 Me will not be ignored :'( Roll Witchu though, whew! 

I swear I'm the ONLY janet stan who does not enjoy RN1814 minus the Pledge + title track (ofc), SOTW & Black Cat but as a white privileged male, I can't really relate to the racial issues so that's why it's not really for me. Maybe I should give it another spin though

Wow. That is a first, but I respect your view on it. I'd say another spin may change your mind a bit.

Love So Excited, even with Khia's messy self. Show Me is a jam. GIOM & DITM, they're bops, but I can't get into them fully. It's just the production.

That Bad Eartha

20 YO is a tad underrated. Like def bottom tier, but way better than Dream Street and Discipline. I feel like the gheys just prefer Dissapoint just because of Feedback and Rock With U, even though it is miles worse.

jdmc218
32 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

20 YO is a tad underrated. Like def bottom tier, but way better than Dream Street and Discipline. I feel like the gheys just prefer Dissapoint just because of Feedback and Rock With U, even though it is miles worse.

YES!!! YES!!!

eli's_rhythm

Jimmy and Terry are really the kings of samples. I want more samples on the next album!

On 3/12/2019 at 11:39 PM, makeme said:

Lol literally who gives a **** what they think, she certainly shouldn’t.

eli's_rhythm
7 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Unbreakable might be her best work!!!! woah!

7 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Not this came on right after... Jesus Christ!

are you just listening to it today?? lmao

Frozens

Why does the elite keep sabotaging janet tour stats ? I know for a fact that the Rhythmn nation tour grossed more than 28 million.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Nation_World_Tour_1990

The Rhythm Nation Tour

2.3 million tickets sold worldwide

Avg ticket price: $32

117 shows (in comparison Beyonce had to do 126 shows to sell 1.8 million tickets)

$76,115,000 worldwide

Based on an inflation rate of $118 per ticket : $269,100,000

:noparty:

kishi
19 hours ago, Cherish said:

Ugh, God, I love this woman so much. So, so so so so so much.... 

Me too. She is everything. :clap3:

17 hours ago, Cherish said:

20 Y.O. is that album for me! Roll Witchu, So Excited, With U, Take Care, Enjoy, and Call On Me alone >>> 

16 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

While Feedback is pretty much better than anything on 20 Y.O., as an album, 20 Y.O. is way better than Discipline. 

11 hours ago, Frozens said:

Why does the elite keep sabotaging janet tour stats ? I know for a fact that the Rhythmn nation tour grossed more than 28 million.

The Rhythm Nation Tour

Avg ticket price: $32

117 shows (in comparison Beyonce had to do 126 shows to sell 1.8 million tickets)

$76,115,000 worldwide

I've seen the $28 million figure before, but not sure how they determined that. 

10 hours ago, MorganR said:

So glad we finally got confirmation!!

PrinceMichaelFan
22 hours ago, Frozens said:

The Rhythm Nation Tour

Avg ticket price: $32ur

$76,115,000 worldwide

a bunch weirdos... they did the same with Christina's Back to Basics tour. they said she grossed $48 million for 81 shows yet Billboard posted a NA tour grosses and that's how she grossed in America. Its weird.