INVITATION TO THE MAFIA/SLASHER CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

SpankGangsta

I wasn't sure who would be the appropriate person to send this to. I'm hoping it's okay to post this here. If not, I apologize and of course feel free to delete this.

(registration is closed, so I am sending this on behalf of Thingyman, administrator on Mafia Universe)

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Hello everyone! 
I would very much like to invite your community to take part in Season 4 of the Mafia Championship. In the below part, Slasher is referred to as Mafia, another popular name for the game.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.

I hope that all this sounds very exciting to you guys 

1. Do you accept the invite?
If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 17 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 23. If this is too soon for you, again, just let me know 

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.
Important notes

You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).

In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.

2. Season 4 Format
The tournament structure

135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.

9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.

A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.

The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.

The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
12 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons

We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

Relevant mechanics info

Day start.

Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.

If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.

No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).

Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).

Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

Kind regards,
Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075).

Edited by SpankGangsta

If you are confused, Mafia is basically Slasher. It's the same game. Just with a different name.

If you think it'd be cool to compete in a championship with 100+ other sites, then simply express here that you'd be willing to take on that challenge and get a chance to represent ATRL. Or if you have someone else in mind you think would do a good job, you can mention them :)

18 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

If you are confused, Mafia is basically Slasher. It's the same game. Just with a different name.

If you think it'd be cool to compete in a championship with 100+ other sites, then simply express here that you'd be willing to take on that challenge and get a chance to represent ATRL. Or if you have someone else in mind you think would do a good job, you can mention them :)

@PinkBox

18 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

@PinkBox

53 minutes ago, Rian. said:

1 minute ago, Rian. said:

Not you double posting this almost an hour after the first one. :rip: 

37 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

Not you double posting this almost an hour after the first one. :rip: 

Atrl was acting up and taking ages to load while posting it so I went and watched some ****, and after that I came back on here so it posted twice.

this is a legit competition, by the way, otherwise there wouldn't be a fourth one

it's gonna be solid

On 11/04/2017 at 5:52 PM, SpankGangsta said:

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day.

I'm not ready for this kind of commitment 

CpRpXgD.png

25 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

I'm not ready for this kind of commitment 

CpRpXgD.png

As someone who's a regular over there, the games are usually have higher activity than games on other site (including atrl), though its usually not as active in champs games because of culture clash , but the level of play is higher and definitely challenging and fun :p

I think you'll do great. You should try it :)

Edited by SpankGangsta

1 hour ago, Satan said:

1. Satan

You willing to rep? Ayyy

so ATRL only sends one person ("representative") and the game isnt even played here? :huh: lol

31 minutes ago, Fruity said:

so ATRL only sends one person ("representative") and the game isnt even played here? :huh: lol

Correct. Each community elects/sends one representative (and they can choose a backup, if they want). They then go to play in a qualifier game off-site with 14 other players from other sites. After the game, there's a vote to determine best player and that player advances to the finale. Then there's also wildcard rounds and stuff like that.

But yes, it's just one person going, though the community is encouraged to cheer that person on from the sidelines :)

Hi guys

Great news! It seems  @theycallmemaraj would be willing to do it, meaning that ATRL will indeed be represented at the tournament :)

k great

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.