Rihanna hits 40M monthly listeners on Spotify

istan4badgalriri

nurHi4p.jpg

With no album out in over 4 years & just 12 days after the release of a song on which she sings ~5 lines, Rihanna has surpassed 40M monthly listeners on Spotify, and is now the 19th most listened artist in the world.

istan4badgalriri

Bigger than some with Lead Single releases:soda::gaycat5::clap3:

2 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Bigger than some with Lead Single releases:soda::gaycat5::clap3:

:soda::soda::soda:

I'm always confused about this, does it generally mean an artist generates more money or it's just about Spotify accounts?

I honestly don't get monthly listeners :psyduck:

22 minutes ago, politeone said:

I'm always confused about this, does it generally mean an artist generates more money or it's just about Spotify accounts?

It's an arbitrary system and only really takes into account things like playlist exposure. Its very misleading and doesn't really reflect the daily streams of each artist i.e Tones and I has 43m monthly listeners but gets less daily streams than Taylor Swift who has 34m 

4 minutes ago, franklin said:

It's an arbitrary system and only really takes into account things like playlist exposure. Its very misleading and doesn't really reflect the daily streams of each artist i.e Tones and I has 43m monthly listeners but gets less daily streams than Taylor Swift who has 34m 

I see, thanks for explaining!

23 minutes ago, franklin said:

No it’s not. It’s the amount of unique listeners who’ve streamed an artist in the past 30 days. If what you said was true the list of most playlisted artists would match the list of artists with most monthly listeners but it really doesn’t. Last month Rihanna was top 10 in monthly listeners among females yet not even top 20 in playlist reach for females.

What’s truly misleading is comparing monthly data to daily data.

22 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

No it’s not. It’s the amount of unique listeners who’ve streamed an artist in the past 30 days. If what you said was true the list of most playlisted artists would match the list of artists with most monthly listeners but it really doesn’t. Last month Rihanna was top 10 in monthly listeners among females yet not even top 20 in playlist reach for females.

What’s truly misleading is comparing monthly data to daily data.

No it really does take into account playlisting reach hence artists like Justin Bieber having millions more monthly listeners than Bad Bunny but getting half the streams overall. Its a cute little measure but if you really follow streams its pretty arbitrary and doesn't tell the whole picture 

Anyways Daily data >>>> Monthly listeners in terms of getting a more accurate picture of an artists streams 

keSyNW9.gif

7 minutes ago, franklin said:

No it really does take into account playlisting reach hence artists like Justin Bieber having millions more monthly listeners than Bad Bunny but getting half the streams overall. Its a cute little measure but if you really follow streams its pretty arbitrary and doesn't tell the whole picture 

Anyways Daily data >>>> Monthly listeners in terms of getting a more accurate picture of an artists streams 

keSyNW9.gif

It is a combination of a lot of things. Because sometimes when you have a big amount of ML and the artist isn't having so many streams it means the GP isn't really interested on your discography. 

ML= Big singles + big playlisting.

Rihallah did that with a song she sings 5 lines in :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.